Rivendell is an area within the Trollshaws, in the north-eastern region.
This area is in itself one of the largest Elven settlements in Middle-earth, and certainly one of the most renowned. 3,000 years ago, Elrond Halfelven founded the Elven refuge within the Trollshaws, also known as Imladris (Sindarin for Deep Valley of the Cleft). It lies nestled in the valley of the Bruinen river, which flows down the face of the Misty Mountains in the north-east, through the valley and southwestwards through a narrow cleft, impassable for both friend and foe. In the south a path winds itself up and through a rift in the mountains reaches High Moor, and in the north a similar path leads north-east to the Misty Mountains past Imdolen. The few enemies who perhaps have a vague idea of where the mythical Rivendell is located would find it impossible to conquer the well trained elves who guard its two passages.
In October 3018 III, Frodo Baggins, Gandalf, Strider, and their friends were rescued from the nine Nazgûl at the Ford of Bruinen by Elf-lord Glorfindel and many elves. They were rapidly brought to Elrond's house, Frodo being in serious need of healing, and the others to rest and eat. The four hobbits soon realized that they were in quite a pickle, entangled in adventures much larger and more dangerous than they could have guessed. Throughout the Epic storyline, Rivendell is an important hub for many events. Here supporters of the Free Peoples find shelter before they set out on diversions or adventures which will in one way or the other support the Company of the Ring.
Notice: Some services are found within the Last Homely House but services and facilities are provided at locations throughout the valley. This page provides a summary but each location page list its details individually. Some of these locations are allowed to comprise a somewhat larger section than what is noticed at the in-game map, just to provide the better information about that section.
- Auction Faire of Rivendell
- Bard of Rivendell - Fileglin
- Barber - Fingwen - The Hall of Fire
- Clerk of Kinships - Enefan
- Clerk of Kinships - Gwingloth
- Forge-master - Snár
- Notary - Calbeniel
- Notary - Calbeniel
- Notary - Glorielhen
- Forge-master - Faillanc
- Sage of Eriador - Taidbes
- Skirmish Camp
- Vault-keeper - Maladmil
- Mailbox - Auction Faire of Rivendell
- Mailbox - The Market of Rivendell
- Mailbox - The Spire of Meeting
- Oven - The Hall of Fire - ground floor
- Study - Elrond's Library - second floor
- Scholar's Guild-hall - first floor
See "list of NPCs" within the area
NPCs below are found throughout the valley, unbound to any location
|Taidbes||Sage of Eriador|
|Heath Wheaton||Captain Trainer|
Locational Major Services
See "starting quests" and the locations for more quests
-  To the Last Bridge
-  Glorfindel's Company
-  The Riddle-master
-  Instance: Laying to Rest the Evil Dead
- See also Taidbes, the Sage of Eriador
-  Volume I, Book 4, Chapter 4: Regaining the Trail
-  Volume I, Book 15, Instance: A Final Council
-  Volume I, Book 15, Chapter 8: Only Fitting
-  A New Friend
-  The Riddle-seeker
-  Towering Champions - Small Fellowship
-  Into the Rift
-  The Fall of Thaurlach - Raid
-  Volume I, Book 4, Chapter 3: The Wisdom of Lord Glorfindel
-  Volume I, Book 15, Chapter 1: A Strange Fate
-  Volume I, Book 15, Chapter 7: A Final Council
-  Volume I, Book 15, Chapter 12: One Hope Remains
-  Chapter 2: The Time Before Travelling
-  Chapter 4: The Wandering and the Lost
-  Chaopter 6: A Mortal Gift
- [...] Quest:Eriador Year 10 Tales: Bilbo - Anniversary
Civic Structures and Facilities
Notice: Each location within this section individually lists quests, NPCs, and more, pertaining to it
The Last Homely House
There visitors will meet the most famous legends of Tolkien's fictional world, and there Elrond provides advice and quests. Services are found at all three floors and most notably are Elrond's Library and the Scholar's Guild-hall.
- Vault-keeper, Clerk of Kinships, Escrow Broker, Consumables Trader, Healer, Elves of Rivendell traders
- Crafting: Oven, Study, trainers
- Class traders and trainers: Burglar, Lore-master, Minstrel, Rune-keeper
- Famous legends and quests
The Hall of Fire
- Barber, Hobby Master, Supplier, Vintner / Tavern Keep, Provisioner, quests
- Crafting: Oven, cook trainer
- Laerdan and quests
Gobeth Teithian, the Archive of Traceries is found on the northern wing, of Elrond's house.
- Requirement: Seeker of Deep Places
The Scholar's Guild-hall is found on the first floor of the southern wing of Elrond's house.
Just by being inside the guild-hall counts as being near a study.
Elrond's Library is found on the southern wing of the second floor of Elrond's house.
This magnificent library is housing books, lore, and artefacts in a huge hall built in two levels. This is where Elrond Halfelven feels most comfortable, at the lower level of the library.
Tham Send, the Hall of Rest is located on the northern wing of the second floor of Elrond's house.
The Auction Faire of Rivendell is found in the north-east of Rivendell.
Elrond's Stables are located in the western part of the valley.
The stables are located furthest to the west of the valley, west of the Market and north of the Bruinen river. Stable-master Ladrochan is selling swift rides to several locations throughout Middle-earth.
- Stable-master, Bingo Badge Barterer
The Forges of Rivendell
The Forges of Rivendell are found in the north-western part of the valley.
The forges are located north-west of the market, somewhat hidden behind a rock formation they are rested along the banks of a small pond. Here are also forge-masters, a number of novice craft trainers, suppliers, and others.
Guest Rooms Dec. 24th
Guest Rooms December 24th is a house in the south-western part of the valley.
Several members of the Fellowship of the Ring are found here, preparing for the inevitable war with the Enemies of the North and East. Several of the quests in the 1st volume of the Epic story involve these rooms.
- Legendary quest givers
Imlad Gelair is hidden in the south-east of the valley.
Its entrance is hidden just south of the Falls of Imladris.
Imlad Gelair is the home of the Elves of Rivendell, and visitors with acquaintance standing are welcomed to this secluded location. Here is found a forge, expert craft trainers, and representatives for the faction.
- Crafting: Forge, Expert Metalsmith, Expert Weaponcrafter, Supplier
- Reputation: Elves of Rivendell vendors
The Market of Rivendell
The Market of Rivendell is found in the central part of the valley.
Around the beautiful market and its large Elven structures and gazebos are many armament vendors found, as well as other service providers and quest givers.
The Spire of Meeting
The Spire of Meeting is located at the centre of the valley.
This is the perfect meeting point as the spire is visible far and wide. There is also a tome named "Chronicle of Events", allowing visitors to recall past episodes and events, somewhat similar to Reflecting Pools.
Landmarks and locations not mentioned elsewhere
- The Bridge of Rivendell
- The Falls of Imladris
- The Haven of Orladion
- North Gate of Rivendell
The following creatures are found within the area:
- Founded: II 1697
- The hidden refuge of Elrond Halfelven, founded by Elrond in the Second Age against the assaults of Sauron in Eriador. It lay in a deep valley in the western foothills of the Misty Mountains, and endured, under the protection of Elrond's Ring Vilya, until the War of the Ring and beyond. After the War, the Ring's power ended and Elrond passed over the Sea, but Rivendell itself remained, at least for a time, in the keeping of Elrond's sons Elladan and Elrohir. — Lorebook