Lotro-Wiki Contributors' Corner
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Discord)
- We at Lotro-Wiki would like to welcome all new contributors!
- Lotro-Wiki is where we would like to create a place for those dedicated to helping others in the game and who want to participate in making this a haven for anyone who is lost or seeking knowledge about LOTRO.
- Our mission is to create a site that is both informative and pleasing to the eye. We take pride in our work and hope that all who join us in this endeavor feel the same. To find out how you can help us, check out our Help page.
Discord (Preferred place of communication)
- Use the Lotro-Wiki Chat on Discord:
- To connect, use this link from the Discord App or browser https://discord.gg/qhhtRnE
- Note: Please make sure to set your nickname on the Discord server (right click name and select change nickname) to what you use on the wiki! It helps everyone know who you are by association!
- The Discord app is available as a download from Discord. You can use the application on your desktop, tablet or cell, or access the Discord server directly from your browser window.
- Discord acts as both chat service as well as voice chat, plus it's free!
The Contributors' Corner
- This is a place for us to chat and discuss the site.
- You can easily access this page at any time by clicking on the Contributor's Corner link near the top of the left hand column on every page.
- If you are a novice to Wiki, notice the top-left Discussion tab, next to our logo. This is called "talk" page and every article has its own.
- At this page's "talk" you can ask questions and/or discuss general issues concerning Lotro-WIki by clicking the "Add Topic" in the upper right corner of any Talk page.
- To comment on an existing topic, simply click the "[Edit]" phrase to the right of any topic or at the top right of the page.
Other Talk Pages
- Discussions regarding a specific article should be directed to its talk page.
- Updated "Talk Pages" are listed in "Recent Discussions" -- a link found in the upper left corner of every page.
- Communications with a specific user can be accomplished by simply clicking "Add topic" on any User's talk page.
- Note that when an entry is made on a User's Talk page, they will be presented with a "banner" alerting them to the fact that their Talk page has been modified with a comment the next time they login or refresh a page while editing.
- Please sign and date your post (by typing --~~~~ or clicking the signature icon in the edit toolbar)!
How to Help
These links will help you find ways to become involved. Start with the Help page!
- Help - The place to start, always accessible from the upper left corner of any Lotro-Wiki page!
- Projects - Projects are a means of organizing the different sections of Lotro-Wiki, allowing contributors to easily keep track of what they are working on and to communicate with other editors in the same project, thus improving the amount, accuracy and quality of content in all areas of the Wiki.
- Guidelines - These "guide" editors to help achieve formatting and content consistency
- Things to do - pointers and explanations of finding "things to do."
- Language References for LOTRO - a collection of information on Tolkien's use of Language
Meet our Contributors
- Click on the different links below to meet those who contribute to Lotro-Wiki, whether just beginning or a founding member.
- Users covers everyone with an account here on Lotro-Wiki.
- Ninjas are Users who have proven themselves as editors.
- Editors are contributors who are knowledgeable about our wiki and have proven themselves as reliable members of the team.
- Administrators are editors who have made major contributions and been around for a long time.
- Bureaucrats are both founders and key contributors dedicated to make this the best wiki for LOTRO.
- Directors are the wiki's owners and leaders, who manage the servers, databases, advertising, and everything else that keeps the gears turning.