Eregion is a region found within the land of Eriador.
In the Third Age, Eregion now is a pleasant but unpopulated land, and contains many of the ruins of the Elven civilization that once thrived there. It is famous for its holly trees, whence the name in both Westron and Sindarin came from. Cooks will also find a bounty of abundant produce growing wild in the region.
One however, must also be wary, as even Angmar has reached this low and deserted lands. Ranging from fierce Worms, to prowling and thieving Dunlendings, and finally the evil and corrupted Huorns and Wood Trolls who are under the influence of Angmar's Shadow, Eregion, without a doubt, is a dangerous place.
- Levels: 48 - 53
- Factions: None
- Crafting: Master (T5), Supreme (T6)
- Introduced: Volume 2 Mines of Moria Launch - February 23, 2009
Locations found within the region of Eregion are listed below.
For more detail, see Eregion Quests
|Eregion Deeds||Eregion Titles|
Creature Shard Drops
- These Creatures are classified as a tougher version of their normal counterparts, either Signature or Rare.
- Each named creature has a good chance to drop a different type of Shard, a rare crafting material used for more advanced recipes.
- Master (T5): Ancient Iron Deposit, Ancient Silver Deposit, Black Ash Branches, Exceptional Hide, Ancient Vase
- Supreme (T6): Khazâd Skarn Deposit, Ilex Branches, Magnificent Hide, Sage's Locker, Sage's Casket, Sage's Lockbox
- Master (T5): Glad Ereg, High Hollin, Pend Eregion, Redhorn Pass
- Supreme (T6): Emyn Naer, Low Hollin, Mirobel, Nan Sirannon
- There are no crafting facilities in Eregion.
Eregion was populated by Noldor, and for a while ruled by Galadriel and Celeborn, until they left for Lothlórien on the other side of the Misty Mountains. The Elves of Eregion lived in harmony with a Dwarven civilization, trading freely with the Dwarven kingdom of Khazad-dûm, or Hadhodrond in the Elven tongue.
After Galadriel and Celeborn had left, Eregion was ruled by Celebrimbor, grandson of Fëanor. Under his rule the Elves of Eregion became friends with Annatar, Lord of Gifts, and created the Rings of Power. When Annatar was revealed as the Dark Lord Sauron, the Elves of Eregion tried to keep the Rings from falling into Sauron's hands, but only managed to rescue Vilya, Narya, and Nenya (the Three Rings of the Elves). Eregion was utterly destroyed, and its survivors fled to Lindon, Lothlórien, and the refuge of Imladris (Rivendell).
Eregion Detailed Maps
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Eregion
|Areas:||Emyn Naer • Glâd Ereg • High Hollin • Low Hollin • Mirobel • Nan Sirannon • Pend Eregion • Redhorn Gate • Tâl Caradhras • The Walls of Moria|
|Settlements:||Echad Dúnann • Echad Eregion • Echad Mirobel • Gwingris|
|Landmarks:||Bannog Cadlus • Barad Morlas • The Black Pool • Burnt Tor • Carchres • Cirith Narugorch • Daergil • Goeolhad • Hollin Gate • Hollin Ridge • Lhúgres • Munudh Cadlus • Pembar • Porth Cadlus • Redhorn Snowfall • Sâd Rechu • Sâd Thareg • Sâd Umroval • Sirannon Gate • Skirmish Camp • Stair Falls • Talath Dindal • Târ Stazg • Torech Andraug • Torech Bornagol • Torech Braignel • Torech Carangor • Torech Ladnel • Ulundín|
|Dungeons:||Delotham • Filgogân • Minas Elendúr • Tawarond • The Brackwater|
|Instances:||Tham Mírdain • The Library at Tham Mírdain • The School at Tham Mírdain|
|Regions within the Land of Eriador
|Angmar • Bree-land • Cardolan • Dunland • Enedwaith • Ered Luin • Eregion • Ettenmoors • Evendim • Forochel • Gap of Rohan • Lone-lands • Misty Mountains • Nan Curunír • North Downs • Swanfleet • The Shire • Trollshaws|