|Farmer, Forester, Prospector|
|Cook, Jeweller, Metalsmith,|
"Metal armors and sturdy shields are the metalsmith's domain. Though their initial products may be of simple make, eventually their skills will allow them to work finer materials and greater designs."
As a metalworker, you can craft shields, heavy armour, and high-quality tools. While tools will require additional materials, most armour can be made from a sufficiently large quantity of metal ingots.
A guide to attaining Metalsmith Mastery.
A list of all component items that are used to craft Metalsmith recipes: Metalsmith Components
To critically succeed while crafting item, a Metalsmith must have achieved proficiency in the crafting tier for that item. After gaining proficiency, the base chance to achieve critical success is 5%.
- Using player-crafted Metalsmith's Tools increases that base chance.
- Click through to the tools index to view the percentage for any given tool.
- Scrolls of crafting lore (produced by a Scholar) give a 1-minute buff, further increasing the chance of a critical success.
- These scrolls provide tiered increases to the crit chance, but they are tiered by player level, not crafting level. Thus, a level 7 Supreme Master Metalsmith can only use the Minor Metalsmithing Lore that gives a 1% crit chance increase, but a level 65 Master Apprentice Metalsmith can use a Scroll of Supreme Metalsmithing Lore that gives a 12.5% increase.
- Certain recipes have an optional ingredient; the type of Chunk used is based on the crafting level of any given recipe, but using a Chunk in any level gives a flat (not tiered) increase of 45% to the crit chance.
Metalsmith Mastery Components
A complete list of Metalsmith Mastery Components.
|Mastery Component||Tier Level||Recipes|
|Apprentice||Most Tier 1 Recipes|
|Journeyman||Most Tier 2 Recipes|
|Expert||Most Tier 3 Recipes|
|Artisan||Most Tier 4 Recipes|
|Master||Most Tier 5 Recipes|
|Supreme||Most Tier 6 Recipes|
|Westfold||Most Tier 7 Recipes|
|Eastemnet||Most Tier 8 Recipes|
|Westemnet||Most Tier 9 Recipes|
|Anórien||Most Tier 10 Recipes|
|Doomfold||Most Tier 11 Recipes|
|Ironfold||Most Tier 12 Recipes|
|Minas Ithil||Most Tier 13 Recipes|
|Gundabad||Most Tier 14 Recipes|
|Umbar||Most Tier 15 Recipes|
- A complete list of Metalsmith recipe indexes by tier:
- A complete list of Metalsmith recipes listed alphabetically:
- An index of items that can be crafted using Metalsmith recipes
|Metalsmith Recipe Index
|Apprentice • Journeyman • Expert • Artisan • Master • Supreme • Westfold • Eastemnet • Westemnet • Anórien • Doomfold • Ironfold • Minas Ithil • Gundabad • Umbar|
Crafting Guilds are Reputation factions that grant advantages in recipe execution. Reputation is increased by bartering special crafted items. Membership in a Crafting Guild used to be exclusive - you can be a member of 2 crafting guilds at a time (as of Update 25).
Metalsmiths of any character level, and at least Expert level in Metalsmithing, are eligible to join the Metalsmith's Guild. To join a crafting guild one must speak to a Master of Crafting Guilds, which are always found in the vicinity of a guild hall and at many other locations. Then, the metalsmith must speak with the Metalsmith's Guild leader, Hávar, at the Metalsmith's Guild headquarters in Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall, to receive the introductory quest.
NOTE: since Update 27, players may find the guild NPCs located in the House of Craft in Minas Tirith (Midsummer) to be preferable to Thorin's Hall, especially since an Armourer's second guildable profession -- Tailor -- can also be guilded in the same location in Minas Tirith (Midsummer), thus obviating a separate trip. Minas Tirith (Midsummer) is available to characters of all levels. At Minas Tirith (Midsummer), the crest (Reputation Item) recipes are purchased from the Guild-leader; there is no separate NPC for guild-reputation-item recipes, as there is in other locations. The only downside of Minas Tirith (Midsummer) is that the "Introduction" quests for each guilded profession cannot be turned into the Guild-leader, since those quests require a specific named NPC, who does not reside there.
Using your Skills
-  Crafting: Leggings for Gagi
-  Crafting: Outfitting the Defenders
-  Crafting: Bronze for Bree-town
-  Valuable Heartwood rewards 10
- LOTRO Forums: Update 25 Crafting Change Notice