Bree is the capital city of Bree-land.
No doubt Bree is located at the heart of Bree-land, at the very cross-roads of the important Great East Road and North-South Road, the place where all merchants, royal messengers, explorers, and any traveller eventually will pass. Thus Bree have survived many hardships over the centuries and its residents have grown tougher. Here Men as well as Hobbits dwell, if not together so side by side, and they make their living from one another.
Bree provides all possible services, trainers, and vendors. Its crafting facilities include the Three-farrow Crafting Hall and facilities dotted here and there. The Bree-town Hunting Lodge hosts the Men of Bree reputation faction. South of town is the Bree Skirmish Camp located. "Welcome to Bree", says Mayor Graeme Tenderlarch.
Notice: Bree is basically set up by many blocks and squares, as well as civic structures and facilities. This page provides a summary but each location page list its details individually. Some of these locations are allowed to comprise a somewhat larger section than what is noticed at the in-game map, just to provide the better information about that section.
- Auction House* - Bree-town Auction Hall [31.9S, 50.6W]
- Barber - Cecil Oaksey - The Prancing Pony [29.7S, 51.3W]
- Bard of Bree - Owen Oaks - The Prancing Pony [29.7S, 51.3W]; Cooper Basilleaf - Training Hall [30.2S, 51.1W]
- Clerk of Kinships - Walt Hollytree - Bree-town Hall [31.1S, 51.2W]
- Housing Brokers - Broker's Office [31.4S, 51.2W]
- Notary - Bonnie Milkweed - Bree-town Hall [31.1S, 51.2W]
- Skirmish Camp [32.3S, 50.3W]
- Vault* - Bree-town Vault [29.8S, 52.7W]
- * Also inside other locations
- Mailbox - Bree-town Auction Hall [32.0S, 50.6W]
- Mailbox - Lalia's Market [30.2S, 51.3W]
- Mailbox - The Prancing Pony [29.7S, 51.3W]
- Mailbox - South Gate [31.9S, 50.4W]
- Mailbox - West Gate [29.5S, 52.8W]
- Three-farrow Crafting Hall [30.5S, 51.0W]
- Near West Gate [29.6S, 52.4W]
- Near South Gate [31.9S, 50.4W]
- Farmlands [29.3S, 52.1W]
- Milestone - The Prancing Pony [29.8S, 51.3W]
- Milestone - South Gate [32.1S, 50.3W]
- Stable-master, South Gate - Bert Goldenleaf [31.9S, 50.4W]
- Stable-master, West Gate - Bill Rosewood [29.5S, 52.7W]
- Stable-master, The Stone Quarter - Mission Recruiter [31.0S, 52.0W]
See "list of NPCs" within Bree
See "starting quests" and the locations for more quests
-  Turtles in the Soup
-  The Elves of Eregion
-  The Two Taverns
- Defence of the Prancing Pony - Skirmish
- Thievery and Mischief - Skirmish
- Holt Adderson's Grotto - Quest Instance
Civic Structures and Facilities
Notice: Each location within this section individually lists quests, NPCs, and more, pertaining to it
Bree-town Auction Hall
Bree-town Auction Hall is found in the southern part of Bree. [32.0S, 50.5W]
The auction hall is located at the South Gate in the southern part of the town. The hall also provides two mailboxes and a vault-keeper.
Bree-town Hall is found in the eastern part of Bree. [31.1S, 51.2W]
It is located at the crossroads of the Great East Road, the road to Staddle, and local alleys. Service providers and quest givers are found inside the hall as well as outside and at facilities around the courtyard.
- Clerk of Kinships, Notary, Quest givers
Bree-town Hunting Lodge
Bree-town Hunting Lodge is a reputation lounge in southern Bree. [31.8S, 51.4W]
Here members of Men of Bree barter, craft, or just hang out. Characters who have reached Acquaintance standing may enter.
- Crafting: Forge, Oven, Camp Site Fire
- Reputation reward barterers and vendors, quest givers, Supplier, Hunter Trainer
Bree-town Jail is located at the Bree-town Hall Courtyard. [31.7S, 50.8W]
It houses many of the city's most notorious criminals. Here are also several class trainers and other persons important for the defence of Bree.
- Class Trainers, quests
Bree-town Vault is found near the West Gate in Bree. [29.8S, 52.7W]
The vault is found inside and south of West Gate, and west of the southbound street to the Stone Quarter, with entrances in both directions. Inside is found an auctioneer, a mailbox, and vault-keepers of course.
Bob's daughter Lalia sells a plentiful assortment of dye. She also oversees numerous vendors selling all manner of attire, from fanciful dresses to stalwart plate for man and beast.
- Vault, Cosmetic vendors
Market Square is located in eastern Bree. [30.3S, 51.1W]
At its midst the famous Boar Fountain is a symbol of the city's strength and endurance. There are a Tasks Bulletin Board for levels 14 to 20, both permanent and temporary quest givers, and market booths all kinds of with vendors.
- Town Crier, Tasks Bulletin Board, Healer, Provisioner, Supplier
- Temporary Vendors & Barterers, quests
The Prancing Pony
The Prancing Pony is the most renowned tavern of Middle-earth. [29.6S, 51.2W]
The Prancing Pony lies in north-eastern Bree. Inside the Pony Barliman Butterbur welcomes any visitor alike and promptly gives best possible service. The Pony also houses a Barber, the Bard of Bree, a Healer, and a Minstrel Trainer.
- Barber, Bard, Healer, Minstrel Trainer, Tavern Keep, quests
- Mailbox, Milestone
Scholar's Stair Archives
Scholar's Stair Archives is an archive in central Bree. [30.5S, 51.6W]
This is the research centre of Bree, where lore, ruins, and runes are scrutinized and studied in depth. This structure has two entrances, the upper is from the Scholar's Walk, while the lower entrance is from the alley down the Low Gate.
- Lore-master, Rune-keeper Trainer
- Hobby Master, quests
South Gate is a landmark in south-most Bree. [32.0S, 50.4W]
The South Gate square provides several excellent services, such as the Auction Hall, crafting facilities, stables, a mailbox and milestone. Here are also found a forge-master and a supplier. Inside the auction hall is also a vault-keeper.
- Stable-master, Mailbox, Milestone, Forge-master, Supplier, quests
- Crafting: Forge, Oven, Study, Workbench
Three-farrow Crafting Hall
Three-farrow Crafting Hall is found in eastern Bree. [30.5S, 51.0W]
This excellent crafting hall is found at the Market Square. Here Old Roger Sorrel, the Master of Apprentices, welcomes visitors to select or change vocation.
- Auctioneer, Mailbox, Vault-keeper, quests
- Forge, Oven, Study, Workbench, Provisioner, Supplier
- Master of Apprentices, Master of Crafting Guilds, Novice and Expert Craft Trainers
Training Hall is found in eastern Bree. [30.2S, 51.1W]
This building is found to the north-east of the Market Square and it hosts all kinds of class trainers, as well as locals and visitors who are enjoying the food and drink that is served. A Bard of Bree is walking around. And behind the minstrel trainer an oven is found.
West Gate is found in north-western Bree. [29.6S, 52.9W]
Inside the gate is the Bree-town Vault. Here are the stables of west Bree, a grocer, crafting facilities of all types, as well as other services. A few steps to the north-east are farmlands and an expert farmhand.
- Stable-master, Mailbox, Milestone, Vault, Auctioneer, Grocer, quests
- Crafting: Expert Farmhand, Farmlands, Forge, Oven, Study, Workbench
Weapons and Armour
Level: 15 - 23
Weapons and Armour Shop is an arming shop in south-eastern Bree. [31.0S, 51.0W]
This well assorted shop hosts an Outfitter and vendors who sell armour and weapons for the levels 15 to 23.
- Outfitter, Armour and Weapon vendors
Level: 24 - 32
Weapons and Armour Shop is an arming shop in western Bree. [30.3S, 52.5W]
This well assorted shop sell armour and weapons for the levels 24 to 32.
- Armour and Weapon vendors
Whitethorn's Taxidermy is found in western Bree. [30.3S, 52.4W]
The family store is owned and run by Clar Whitethorn together with his sons and an intern. Here visitors can barter fishing and instance trophies for housing trophies.
- Taxidermist - Animal, Fishing, Trophies
- Artie Root's House [30.9S, 51.8W]
- Broker's Office [31.4S, 51.2W]
- The Cat Lady's House [30.2S, 52.1W]
- Infiltrators' Headquarters [31.1S, 51.8W]
- Lalia's Market [30.2S, 51.3W]
- The Lowbanks' Estate [31.7S, 52.2W]
- Mess Hall [30.5S, 51.2W]
- The Scholar's Hall [30.1S, 52.0W]
- Sig Mandrake's Shop [31.2S, 52.1W]
Unnamed locations are presented in italics
- Beggar's Alley
- Combe Gate
- Inn Gate
- Jasmine's Garden
- North Gate
- Oldstone Ruins
- Scholar's Stair
- Scholar's Walk
- Staddle Gate
- The Stone Quarter
- The Ancient Crest
- Boar Fountain
- Bree Fireworks Area
- Haunted Alley
- Shade's Tomb
- (Holding Cell)
Points of Interest
- It was said to have been founded by Men who did not make it to Beleriand in the First Age, having forsaken their relatives who would become the Edain, they remained in Eriador. After the kingdom of Cardolan collapsed after war with Angmar, Bree became an independent city without any central authority or government for many centuries.
- Not long ago, on III 3018 September 29, Frodo Bagg.. eeh.. Underhill and three hobbits of his fellowship arrived to the Prancing Pony, met a (st)ranger named Strider, and hastily set off the next day after an eventful night. Now characters new to the Middle-earth will do their best to support that fellowship on their quest, whether that is to track down curious events in the wake of Frodo's quest, or to support the locals who struggles with new threats from all directions.
|Settlements and Landmarks of Bree
|Landmarks:||Beggar's Alley • Bill Ferny's House • Combe Gate • High Bridge • High Stair • Inn Gate • Ironmonger's Gate • Jasmine's Garden • Low Gate • Market Gate • Market Square • Mud Gate • North Gate • Oldstone Ruins • Oldstones Gate • Scholar's Stair • Scholar's Walk • Skirmish Camp • South Gate • Staddle Gate • The Stone Quarter • Trader's Gate • West Gate • Windview Estate • Woodsmen's Gate|
|Interiors:||Artie Root's House • Bree-town Auction Hall • Bree-town Hall • Bree-town Hunting Lodge • Bree-town Jail • Bree-town Vault • Broker's Office • The Cat Lady's House • Infiltrators' Headquarters • Lalia's Market • The Lowbanks' Estate • Mess Hall • The Prancing Pony • The Scholar's Hall • Scholar's Stair Archives • Sig Mandrake's Shop • Three-farrow Crafting Hall • Training Hall • Weapons and Armour Shop (South) • Weapons and Armour Shop (West) • Whitethorn's Taxidermy|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Bree-land
|Areas:||Andrath • Archet Dale • Brandy Hills • The Brandywood • Bree-land Homesteads • Buckland • Chetwood • Eastern Bree-fields • Far Chetwood • Hengstacer Farm • The Horsefields • The Midgewater Marshes • Nen Harn • Northern Barrow-downs • Northern Bree-fields • Old Forest • Southern Barrow-downs • Southern Bree-fields • Starmere Lake • Weather Hills • The Wildwood*
* Requires Quest Pack:Wildwood
|Settlements:||Adso's Camp • Archet • Bree • Combe • Crickhollow • Staddle|
|Landmarks:||Abandoned Cottage • The Abandoned Graveyard • Angerwood • Archet Gate • Archet East Gate • Archet Jailyard • Bald Hill • The Barrow of Orron • Beggar's Alley • Big Staddlemere • Bill Ferny's House • Bindbale's Rest • Blackwold Headquarters • Blackwold's Roost • Bonfire Glade • Brandy Hall • Brandywine Bridge • Brigand's Watch • The Broken Heart • Bronwe's Folly • Buckland Faire • Buckland's Craft-faire • Buckland Gate • Buckland's Craft-faire • Bucklebury Ferry • Cartwell's House • Cirith Nûr Encampment • The Comb and Wattle Inn • Combe Crafting Hall • Combe Gate • Combe Lumber Camp • Combe North Gate • Creaking Vale • The Crumbled Court • Dark-paw Vale • The Dead Man's Perch • The Dead Spire • Dire Glade • Dogwood's Farm • East Forest Road • Eldo Swatmidge's Farm • Ellie Cutleaf's House • Everclear Lakes • Festival Grounds • The Forlorn Glade • Gammy Boggs' Farm • Girdley Island • Goblinhole Ruins • Goldberry's Spring • Greenway Crossing • Grobo Dogwort's House • Halecatch Lake • The Hedge Maze • High Bridge • High Stair • Hillshire Ruins • Hunting Lodge (Archet) • Inn Gate • Ironmonger's Gate • Jasmine's Garden • Little Staddlemere • Low Gate • Market Gate • Market Square • Marshwater Fort • Midgewater Pass • Mud Gate • Mustering Cave • Newbury • North Gate • Northern Barrows • Northern Barrows Pass • Old Barrows Road • Old Bauman's Farm • Old East Path • Old Forest Tunnel • The Old Greenway Fort • Old Man Willow • Old Muddyfoot's Hill • The Old Oak's Grave • Old Sweetgrass Farm • Oldstone Ruins • Oldstones Gate • Ost Alagos • Ost Barandor • Ost Baranor • Ost Gorthad • Outlaw's Haven • Pierson's Farm • The Quince Farmstead • Saeradan's Cabin • Scholar's Stair • Scholar's Walk • The Shade Pool • The Shifting Wood • Silverwell • Skirmish Camp • Skunkwood's Farm • Snarling Hollow • South Gate • South-guard Ruins • Sprigley's Farm • Staddle Arms • Staddle Falls • Staddle Gate • The Stone Quarter • Stump Field • Sunken Stones • Svalfang's Hut • Thornley's Work Site • Toad Marsh • Tom Bombadil's House • Tomnoddy Corner • Torthann's Camp • Training Hall • Trader's Gate • Weatherway • The Weaver's Den • Weeping Water • West Gate • Widow Froghorn's Farm • Willow Glade • Windview Estate • Withywindle Crossing • Wolf Den • Woodsedge Ruins • Woodsmen's Gate • The Yellow Tree|
|Interiors:||Artie Root's House • Bree-town Auction Hall • Bree-town Hall • Bree-town Hunting Lodge • Bree-town Jail • Bree-town Vault • Broker's Office • Cartwell's House • The Cat Lady's House • The Comb and Wattle Inn • Combe Crafting Hall • Ellie Cutleaf's House • Grobo Dogwort's House • Grobo Dogwort's Shed • Hunting Lodge (Archet) • Infiltrators' Headquarters • Lalia's Market • The Lowbanks' Estate • The Mad Badger Inn • Mess Hall • Mustering Cave • The Prancing Pony • The Scholar's Hall • Scholar's Stair Archives • Sig Mandrake's Shop • Staddle Arms • Three-farrow Crafting Hall • Tom Bombadil's House • Training Hall • Training Hall (Bree) • Weapons and Armour Shop (South) • Weapons and Armour Shop (West) • Whitethorn's Taxidermy|
|Instances:||The Great Barrow • Woe of the Willow|