|Character Topics: Getting Started, Character Stats, Races, Classes, Skills, Traits, Cosmetic|
Class is a fundamental choice of a player character for Lord of the Rings Online which determines your skills and abilities throughout your adventuring career, and also profoundly affects your stats, deeds, and the equipment available to you. Choosing a class can be constrained by the choice of race.
|Tank||DPS: Melee||DPS: AoE||DPS: Ranged||Crowd control||Debuffer||Healer||Buffer||Pet Class|
* Available with purchase of Mines of Moria or individually from the LotRO Store.
** Available for purchase individually from the LotRO Store.
Taken from the LotRO manual.
- Class Difficulty: Advanced
- Role: Damage/Support
- Gameplay: Beornings are skin-changers that can change into the form of a bear in combat. They focus their wrath while in bear form, choosing to deal grievous blows or bolster their own resolve. While skilled in combat, some Beornings also choose to wield their knowledge of the wilderness to assist their allies.
- Lore: The Beornings of Middle-earth are a largely reclusive people. They trace their ancestry to Beorn himself, and spend most of their time deep in the wilderness. The solitude of the forest gives little comfort in recent times, with the enemy encroaching from all sides. The time has come for the descendants of Beorn to lend their strength to the Free People of Middle-earth.
The Burglar is a master of stealth and misdirection. Burglars are able to confound foes with a variety of clever and debilitating tricks. They also excel at attacking from the shadows, allowing them to take enemies by surprise.
The Captain is a masterful leader, a commanding presence who strengthens allies, but is also skilled in the use of arms. Their battle cries strike fear into the hearts of their enemies, while their allies rally to their banners of war.
Note: while Captains have a variety of NPC heralds they can summon, only one may be active at any given time.
The Champion is the consummate warrior, unrelenting in battle. Their fervour allows them to make increasingly powerful attacks. Champions excel at melee combat and can absorb punishment with their Heavy Armour.
The Guardian is a protector of the weak and defender of those in need. He is capable of withstanding mighty blows and retaliating in kind. The true Guardian stands to the forefront of battle, shielding his allies from the blows of their enemies.
The Hunter is a master of field and forest, unmatched with the bow. Hunters use their survival skills to guide their companions and lay traps for their enemies. Hunters are at their strongest when attacking from a distance, but they are able to defend themselves in melee combat, when needed.
- Inspired by Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood, a mighty hunter and companion of Aragorn, the Hunter is the master of ranged damage with additional skills in crowd control and support.
- With his ability to travel quickly to many locations while taking his entire Fellowship with him (wayfaring), the Hunter has become known as the Middle-earth Taxi Service.
The Lore-master is a seeker of knowledge and a guardian of wisdom. They wield ancient secrets and lore to confound their foes and aid their friends, protecting them against the dark powers of the Enemy.
The Minstrel is the heart of a fellowship, a herald of hope, inspiration, and renewal. His knowledge of ancient songs and lore not only enable him to bolster fellowship morale, but also to provide motivation against the forces of darkness. When the Minstrel is alone, he becomes an intimidating opponent capable of demoralizing foes through an assortment of ballads, cries, and calls.
Mystical linguists and masters of true names, Rune-keepers can heal in one battle and hurl destructive magic in the next.
- Unleash the Fury of the Storm and call down lightning upon the enemy!
- Recite Words of Grace and heal your fellowship.
Inspired by Master Elf-smith Celebrimbor, whose skill with runes of power was unparalleled, the Rune-keeper wields powerful lost language to blaze a path of destruction or restore their allies' strength.
- For details see Rune-keeper
Wardens are mobile melee combatants who also use Javelins for initiating combat and against ranged foes. Their unique Warden Shields and a variety of defensive skills allow them to stay in the fight longer than most. Basic Warden skills ("builders") build up their Gambits, which unleash special, more powerful effects. In fellowships, a Warden forces enemies to attack himself, so his more fragile allies will not be harmed by the foes.
- For details see Warden