|Area:||The Delving Fields|
This is the chief township of the Shire, hosting the Mayoral Seat and several offices of the Mayor and the bounders; indeed by many hobbits considered to be the 'capital' of the Shire. For locals and strangers it provides an auction house, a training hall, vendors, and south of town a craft-fair coming second to none. Finally, Michel Delving is the proud host of the Mathom-house which is the museum and mathom-store of the world.
Michel Delving has been the chief city for hundreds of years, embracing the Great East Road as it entered the Shire from the desolate western Far Downs, the city has indeed seen its fair share of strangers and queer folks coming and going. However, with the Downs Gate safely shut the hobbits seem to have forgotten all about the outside world and now spend their time gossiping and planning for the next breakfast, or remembering the one they just ate, unless shopping groceries.
Hence, this is a great place to explore for those who are new to the Middle-earth, whether hobbit or not. In Michel Delving the scariest that happens is somebody playing you a prank, or if you cannot find the others while playing hide and seek.
- Auction House
- Barber - Tulip Chubb
- Bard - Gammer Took
- Clerk of Kinships - Peaseblossom Tunnely
- Notary - Wistan Whitfoot
- Outfitter - Buttercup Grubb
- Vault-keeper - Osbert Fallohide
- Forge and Relic-master
- Michel Delving's Craft-fair
- South Fields - Farmlands
|Combe||(Swift)||Bree-land||1||Not available to F2P|
|Thorin's Gate||(Swift)||Ered Luin||1|
|Ettenmoors||(Swift)||Ettenmoors||1||VIP players: Greyed out until level 20 -OR- |
Free and Premium players can purchase a temporary Ettenmoors pass for 20 of the 20 currency to purchase 6 hours of PVMP playtime.
|Shire Homesteads||The Shire||5|
See this link for more quests starting within Michel Delving.
-  The Book of Festival-law - Festival
-  Yule Be Sorry - Festival
-  Worries From Waymeet
-  Bundle for Waymeet
-  Hiders and Seekers
-  The Top Hiding-Place
-  Join the Bounders
-  Close Up Their Burrows
-  Spoiled Pie from Michel Delving
-  Bundle for Tuckborough
-  Refurbishing the Town Hole
-  Prologue (Hobbit): Flourdumpling's Stand
-  The Call to Adventure -- Episodic Content
-  Training for the Journey -- Episodic Content
-  Disapproving Boggs -- Episodic Content
-  Leaving is Not Easy -- Episodic Content
-  Prologue (Hobbit): Bullroarer's Club
-  Crafting: Michel Delving's Youngest Seamstress - Scholar
-  Crafting: The Great Pie Crust Robbery - Cook
-  Crafting: Ned in a Pickle - Cook
-  Hand-written, Hand-delivered - Episodic Content
-  Prologue (Hobbit): The Quarry In Scary
-  Volume I, Book 14, Chapter 1: Many Provisions
-  Bingo Returns Home - Episodic Content
- [...] Quest:Year 1 Travels: Towering Monuments - Anniversary
See list of all NPCs within Michel Delving.
|Iris Goodbody||Town Crier|
|Drogo Whitfoot||Keeper of Gifts - Anniversaries|
|Ingwaldur||Games-master - Anniversaries|
|Festival Announcer||Event Stable-master|
|Festival Horse to Taste of Hobbiton||Swift Travel to Taste of Hobbiton - Summer Festivals|
|Bert Bartleby||Bingo Badge Barterer|
|Wenda Cranesbill||VIP Rewards bestower|
Civic Structures and Facilities
Notice: The different locations within this section, "civic structures and facilities," individually list quests, NPCs of different types, and more, which pertain to each of them.
The Town Hole is the office of Mayor Will Whitfoot.
The chief Shirriff-house is found here, offices of the Bounders and the Quick Post mail service, and a mailbox. Here is also found the Vault-keeper, and other civic officials such as the Clerk of Kinships and the Notary.
- See The Shire Auction Hall for more details.
The Shire Auction Hall is found in Michel Delving.
The Auction House is located in the south-eastern part of the town, located behind of the outdoor market stalls. It allows adventurers and crafters the opportunity to buy and sell a wide variety of goods and equipment. It also provides with mailboxes for sending and receiving parcels.
The Bird and Baby Inn
- See The Bird and Baby Inn for quests and other details.
The Bird and Baby Inn is a lively Tavern in Michel Delving.
The inn is Michel Delving's major hub of social activity, and the largest tavern in the Shire. Weary travellers can indulge in food and drink, and share stories of adventures by the fire. The Bird and Baby also offers the services of a barber and healer. There is also a room reserved for Inn League members (only accessible to characters who have achieved friend status with the Inn League), where they barter for different faction items.
- See Boffin Manor for more details.
It is the home of Bingo Boffin, a well-situated resident of the town who lives by himself in the large smial he inherited from his parents.
- If you go inside Boffin Manor, you should be able to find Bingo's Notes, which allow you to relive any of the instances he encountered, including 'The Perfect Recipe' in Week 52.
- See Michel Delving's Craft-fair for crafting, quests and other details.
The Michel Delving's Craft-fair is found in Michel Delving.
The Craft-fair is located in the south-western part of the town, elevated above the market. Just east of the Craft-fair farmers find the fertile soil of the South Fields. This craft-fair comes second to no none though Cooks will name it superior. Adventurers seeking a crafting vocation are directed to speak to the Mistress of Apprentices, Blossom Proudfoot. Here is also found a Vault-keeper.
- Quest NPCs, vendors, suppliers, crafting trainers, and vocation managers
- Superior Oven, forge, and workbench
- Expert Cook
- Cook's Guild Hall
Cook's Guild Hall
- See Cook's Guild Hall for more details.
The Cook's Guild Hall is found in Michel Delving's Craft-fair.
- Reputation vendors and barterers
- Quest NPCs
- See Mathom-house for quests and other details, .
Mathom-house is a landmark and interior within Michel Delving.
The is the Shire's museum of mathoms, and the home of the Mathom Society. Among the most prestigious items in the collection of the Mathom-house was the mithril corslet of Bilbo Baggins, until he removed it and took it and his sword Sting with him when he left the Shire on September 22, 3001 III.
The Mathom Society members enjoy many lavish feasts, and they routinely need to restock their supply of various foods and drinks. Cooks who donate these delicacies can gain reputation with the Society.
- See The Michel Delving Training Hall for quests and other details.
The Michel Delving Training Hall is found in Michel Delving.
The Training Hall is located in the south-western part of the town. It offers adventurers the opportunity to advance their abilities with skilled trainers from across Middle-earth. They also sell certain goods and class specific recipes, and they repair worn equipment. Some trainers offer or are involved in quests.
- Nine class trainers / vendors
- Class specific quests
- See The Michel Delving Vendor Hall for more details.
The Michel Delving Vendor Hall is found in Michel Delving.
The Vendor Hall is found in the souther part of the town. Here adventurers and warriors can purchase a wide variety of goods and equipment, ranging from foods and draughts to weapons and armor.
- Seven vendors, armour and weapons
- Grocer, Suppliers and Healers are found at the Craft-fair and at the Bird and Baby Inn
- 'Indeed, even in the hilly regions and the older villages, such as Hobbiton or Tuckborough, or in the chief township of the Shire, Michel Delving on the White Downs, there were now many houses of wood, brick, or stone...' — The Fellowship of the Ring, Prologue
- The name means "large excavation" denoting the many hobbit holes dug into the surrounding hills. 'Michel' being adjusted to English from 'micel' meaning 'large'.