|Farmer, Forester, Prospector|
|Cook, Jeweller, Metalsmith,|
"Farmers grow items, such as pipeweed, in the field and harvest them, usually as supplies for other crafting professions."
A Farmer crafts food ingredients for the Cook profession, many of the Dye ingredients for the Scholar profession, Crafting Rare Components and recreational pipe-weed for smoking emotes. Farmers can also make some housing decorations such as flowers.
A guide to attaining Farmer Mastery.
A list of all component items that are used to craft Farmer recipes: Farmer Components
Farmers are fairly self-sufficient. Most farming ingredients can be purchased from farmhands. However, rare Pipe-weed seeds are rare drops from mobs and chests, and occasionally result from growing certain pipe-weed fields.
- Novice Farmhands sell common farming recipes, seeds and supplies needed to grow Apprentice, Journeyman, and Expert tier crops. They are found near regular farmlands.
- Expert Farmhands sell all the farming recipes, seeds and supplies needed to grow crops of all tiers. They are near the Farmlands in Hobbiton-Bywater, The Vineyards of Lórien and Galtrev. There are also Expert Farmhands near the regular farmland in Ost Guruth and at the Crafting Hall in Emyn Lûm in Mirkwood (although there is no farmland).
- Suppliers sell all the ingredients you need to farm except the soils needed to increase the chance of critical success. Suppliers in Homesteads provide a discount which makes it cheaper to buy the ingredients from them in advance.
- The soils needed to produce critical success results cannot be bought but is obtained as loot drops and quest rewards.
- Notice: Due to changes in Lotro Dec 2010, "Poor crops" and individually-named crop seeds for most crops (such as Spring Barley Seed and Carrot Seed) are useless. If you have any of these outdated items, they can be sold to any vendor, or destroyed by dragging them out of your inventory onto the ground.
However, some rare pipe-weed seeds may still be of value - be careful to check the recipes and the item description before vending.
- A complete list of Farmer recipe indexes by tier:
- A complete list of Farmer recipes listed alphabetically:
Some of the content in the links provided may not have been updated since the updates took place in Dec 2010.
|Farmer Recipe Index
|Apprentice • Journeyman • Expert • Artisan • Master • Supreme • Westfold • Eastemnet • Westemnet • Anórien • Doomfold • Ironfold • Minas Ithil • Gundabad • Umbar|
-  Introduction to Farming
-  Planting the Seeds for Harvest - Festival
-  Farmer: Hardy Bulbs - Repeatable
Locations of Farmlands
Farmlands are located all over the Middle-earth.
|West Gate, Bree||Bree-land|
|The Greenhouse||Ered Luin|
|South Fields||The Shire|
An extremely detailed guide to the process of farming is available on the Farming page.
Some tips that may make it easier to play a farmer:
- Pressing Delete (select item), then U (use selected) will harvest a farm field. How to use this...
- Possible refinement: Menu → Options → Keymapping and change the Delete key to function as "Select Next Item" instead of "Select Item" to be able to select overlapping fields, to be able to complete up to 10 fields at a time.
- Buy supplies and recipes (almost all recipes you have to buy)
- Change the type of field to blueberry or whatever you're making
- Important: change the number to 4, then click make
this is because you can harvest up to 4 fields easily before they expire
- Harvest the fields by either
- right click them (they are just like any harvest node)
- or harvest by using Delete followed by U, which makes selecting the fields faster
- repeat Delete, U to harvest the other 3 fields
- After you have finished planting and harvesting, repair your tools and go over to the workbench
- Prepare the harvest by making "bunches" of blueberries or whatever harvest you have
When you are finished, you can sell them or use them in cooking recipes
- The additional things you get while farming are scholar or decorative or rare crafting materials. In higher tiers, there are no more pipeweed recipes and the rare materials are bright turquoise typeface.
- Currently, the most popular consumable farming product is coffee and the special beans that come from coffee fields because cooks can make coffee that grants buffs to increase run speed.
- You could just keep making fields and not harvest them all. Harvesting gets you experience, materials for cooking, and rares, but not additional crafting experience. For more crafting XP, prepare the harvest at the workbench.
- When you're working on pipeweed, though, harvesting is essential because you can't get some seeds unless you harvest. Farming for trap materials is different too, so re-examine your strategy whenever you do something new.
- Don't be afraid to go down to one field at a time to make sure you're on the right track, especially if you're using the ultra rare peat at the highest levels.