Defence of the Prancing Pony
Defence of the Prancing Pony is a level 35-140 skirmish at the Prancing Pony, in Bree-land.
This skirmish takes place at the Pony in Bree. Skirmishes can be started by using the Instance Finder.
A shorter version is run once during the tutorial.
- Bree was a beacon of freedom for all in the North, until brigands took it for their own. The inhabitants of Bree have spent the occupation holed up within The Prancing Pony. Barricaded within The Prancing Pony desperately awaiting help. Angered at their uprising, the brigands have decided to burn them out....
Minimum level: 35
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this skirmish.
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
- [..] Defence of the Prancing Pony
- [..] Tutorial: Defence of The Prancing Pony - the tutorial version
Deeds and Titles
- Defence of the Prancing Pony (Deed)
- Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Title: Defender of The Prancing Pony
- Just one or two Lieutenants appear per skirmish, meaning it takes several sessions to complete the deeds.
- Mobs must be close to the character's level or the kill will not count towards the deed
- Second-watcher Heathstraw - Start and end of the quest, assists in defence, must survive.
Mob difficulty depends on size and level of the skirmish: Weak, Hale, Strong, and Staunch
- Random Skirmish Lieutenants
- Bill Ferny - Tutorial
- Dríthlorz - Tutorial
- Harry Goatleaf - Tutorial
Random encounter mobs:
Fight waves of assaults while keeping the Torch-bearer away from the Inn. You will get some help defending the Inn from Second-watcher Heathstraw who must survive.
- I try to wait near Second-watcher Heathstraw for the next wave of attackers.
- If you have an offensive soldier, instruct it to engage the enemy before you attack the Weak Southern Torch-bearer.
- Second-watcher Heathstraw has a better change of surviving if you engage the enemy before they get close enough to aggro him.
- If you are not able to do the encounters between waves of attackers, most of them can be put off until after Goilog is defeated, but before you talk to Second-watcher Heathstraw to end the skirmish.
Boss and End Fight
Simple boss fight against Goilag in a final showdown. Remember to loot Goilag's corpse before leaving.
- Level stat details are on the boss page
Remember to loot Goilag corpse before leaving. Completing the skirmish will reward Men of Bree Reputation.
Rewards and Loot scale to the level, group size, and tier of the Skirmish. Loot is found by/at/in/from:
- Completing quest flags or objectives
- Skirmish Lieutenants
- End Boss(es)
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes the last banner must be activated before the chest appears, be aware and do not leave until the boss loot or chest has been found.
Skirmish Marks are the main reward from skirmishes. They are stored in the characters Wallet window. Marks, Medallions, and Seals are used to barter at the many Skirmish Camps.
Summary Loot List
- Silver Coins
- Legendary Item Experience
- Marks, Medallions (primarily from encounters and bosses), Seals (from higher tiers)
- Bounty - see details
- Heritage Runes - see details
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems - buffs or debuffs, see details
- Reputation - usually about 700 points with various factions