When Beornings gather sufficient Wrath they can take the form of a great bear to unleash attacks on their foes.
Beornings are designed to be a dynamic skin-changer class. A Beorning can alternate back and forth between forms almost at will, dependent only upon their level of Wrath. Yes, they CAN change form during combat! A Beorning can always change from Bear back to Man Form at will, however changing into Bear Form is subject to a cooldown. A Beorning's basic skills emphasize the difference between Man and Bear Forms. There are skills available in three different ways -- those available in Man Form; those available in Bear Form; and those available in either form.
- As a Beorning, you have a new vital named Wrath that replaces Power. Wrath builds up in combat through use of your skills. Many of your Man form skills will build wrath, allowing you to skin-change into a Bear. In Bear Form you unlock access to more potent, Wrath consuming skills.
- Any skills requiring Wrath will list the cost in their tooltip. Bear form requires Wrath to use and maintain. Certain skills in either form, Man Form or Bear Form, may also require Wrath.
- The Beorning trait trees are designed to allow tailoring your play style to fit a tank, damage, or support role.
- Call on the ancestral knowledge of your people with The Roar trait line, strike down your enemies with The Claw trait line, or unleash your wrath to defend your allies with The Hide trait line.
These skills are granted automatically as you gain levels. The effects of many of these skills are improved in various ways by your choice of specialization and how you spend your trait points. Some skills may also be replaced by an improved version of the same skill as you increase in level.
|Melee + DoT||Man||1s||2.5m||Level:||1|
|Ranged + Force Attack||Bear||16s||20m||Level:||12|
|Ranged + Tactical DoT||Any||12s||20m||Level:||14|
|Ranged + CC||Bear||16s||20m||Level:||18|
|Melee + Interrupt||Any||8s||2.5m||Level:||40|
|Ranged + Corruption||Any||8s||20m||Level:||50|
Skills from Trait Trees
These skills are acquired by spending trait points in The Hide (blue) trait tree. You can only obtain the Set skills if you specialize in this tree.
|Buff||Any||40s||Self||Set: Initial Skill|
|Melee||Any||1s||2.5m||Set: Initial Skill|
|Melee + Debuff||Bear||3s||2.5m||Set: Initial Skill|
|Melee + Buff||Man||5s||Trait: 5+ Total Ranks|
|Melee + Interrupt||Bear||12s||2.5m||Trait:|
These skills are acquired by spending trait points in The Claw (red) trait tree. You can only obtain the Set skills if you specialize in this tree.
|Melee + DoT||Bear||12s||2.5m||Set:||Initial Skill|
|Melee + Debuff||Man||5s||2.5m||Set:||Initial Skill|
These skills are acquired by spending trait points in The Roar (yellow) trait tree. You can only obtain the Set skills if you specialize in this tree.
|Debuff||Any||5s||20m||Trait:||5+ Total Ranks|
|Heal||Bear||6s||20.2m||Trait:||20+ Total Ranks|
|Ranged + Stun||Bear||20s||20m||Trait:|
|Ranged + Debuff||Bear||30s||20m||Trait:|
Racial Skills from Virtues (Deeds)
- - Enmity of the Goblins - Level 13+
- - Enmity of the Goblins II - Level 18+
- - Enmity of the Orcs - Level 30+
- - Enmity of the Spiders III - Level 35+
Beorning Race & Social Deeds
|13||5||Enmity of the Goblins||Defeat 50 Goblins in any area|
|19||10||Enmity of the Goblins II||Defeat 100 Goblins in any area|
|25||15||Enmity of the Goblins III||Defeat 150 Goblins in any area|
|15||5||Enmity of the Spiders||Defeat 50 Spiders in any area|
|29||10||Enmity of the Spiders II||Defeat 150 Spiders in any area|
|35||15||Enmity of the Spiders III||Defeat 250 Spiders in any area|
|30||5||Enmity of the Orcs||Defeat 100 Orcs in any area|
|35||10||Enmity of the Orcs II||Defeat 150 Orcs in any area|
|30||NA||Hatred of Bear and Man||Complete the Quest: Hatred of Bear and Man |
also awards 1 Class Trait Point
Mounted Combat Skills