Staddle is a settlement and an area in Bree-land.
On the far side of Bree-hill from the town of Bree itself, travellers will find the small town of Staddle tucked against the rolling hillocks that stretch east toward the marshes. It is said that the oldest settlements of hobbits in Middle-earth can be found in Staddle, though whether or not this is true is a matter which has been well debated over many a meal, mug, or pipe - and, often, all three.
Staddle the village is located south of Combe and very close to Bree. At the centre square lies Staddle Arms, also named Weapons and Armour Shop. Also at the centre is a craft-fair, though trainers are found in Combe Crafting Hall. Staddle also hosts one of the Middle-earth's very few Fishing Suppliers.
The greater Staddle stretches peacefully eastwards all the way to the Midgewater Marshes, cutting the wilder Chetwood into two disconnected sections. Here lives Ponto Underhilla Novice Farmhand, near all the good farmlands. At the village and within the greater Staddle adventurers will find quests of all sorts, eventually leading into the wilder marshes with its goblins and other creatures.
- Eldo Swatmidge's Farm
- Gammy Boggs' Farm
- Grobo Dogwort's House
- Little Staddlemere
- Widow Froghorn's Farm
- Staddle Arms - vendors
See "list of NPCs" within the area
|Ponto Underhill||Novice Farmhand|
|Ultan Foebane||Quest - Champion|
Staddle the Village
|Services & Vendors|
|Joy Bloomer||Fishing Supplier|
|Nan Henwood||Bree-land Housing Broker|
|Ronald Evergreen||Master of Crafting Guilds|
|Finn||Ale Assoc. Member - Quest|
See "starting quests" and the landmarks for more quests
-  Dangerous Boars
-  Message for the Constable
-  Stolen Pipe-weed
-  Gammy Boggs
-  The Wise Woman
-  Ailing Hound
-  Unwell Water
-  The Vigil
-  Neekers in the Marshes
-  Scouting the Marshes
-  Two Chieftains
-  Report From Staddle
-  Building the Bree Homestead
- [...] The Ale Association Challenge: Staddle - Festival
Starting within the greater Staddle:
-  Teach a Man to Fish
-  Friendships Renewed
-  All's Well that Ends Well
-  Volume I, Prologue: Chasing Amdir
-  A Blade of Renown - Champion
- [...] The Ale Association Challenge: The Combe-Gate - Festival
Civic Structures and Facilities
Staddle Arms is an armaments shop found at
Located by the centre of Staddle in Bree-land lies this "Weapons and Armour Shop". Here visitors can equip themselves with armour and weapons in the levels 5 to 12.
- Armour and weapon vendors
The following creatures are found within the area:
- "There were also many families of hobbits in the Bree-land and they claimed to be the oldest settlement of Hobbits in the world, one that was founded long before even the Brandywine was crossed and the Shire colonized. They lived mostly in Staddle though there were some in Bree itself,..." — The Fellowship of the Ring, by Tolkien
- "The small villages of Bree-land are doing their best to deal with a rash of attacks by brigands from distant lands. The citizens of these usually peaceful towns have become much less hospitable to travellers, so adventurers in the Chetwood's hills and valleys may find these townsfolk less welcoming than usual. However, should travellers prove their worth by word and deed, they are likely to be welcomed into these communities, as the need for friends - especially friends with strong swords and swift bows - has grown great.
- "It is difficult to say who is organizing the usually disparate groups of brigands that roam these lands and threaten these peaceful towns, but old-timers are certain that the attacks near Staddle in recent days are as unusual in these parts as a hobbit saying no to thirds at mealtime."
- Staddle, from Old English staðol, referring to a building's foundation. Founded: apparently founded before III 1300. — lorebook
|Settlements and Landmarks of Staddle
|Landmarks:||Eldo Swatmidge's Farm • Gammy Boggs' Farm • Grobo Dogwort's House • Little Staddlemere • Staddle Arms • Widow Froghorn's Farm|
|Interiors:||Grobo Dogwort's House • Grobo Dogwort's Shed • Staddle Arms|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Bree-land
|Areas:||Andrath • Archet Dale • Brandy Hills • The Brandywood • Bree-land Homesteads • Buckland • Chetwood • Eastern Bree-fields • Far Chetwood • Hengstacer Farm • The Horsefields • The Midgewater Marshes • Nen Harn • Northern Barrow-downs • Northern Bree-fields • The Old Forest • Southern Barrow-downs • Southern Bree-fields • Starmere Lake • Weather Hills|
|Settlements:||Adso's Camp • Archet • Bree • Combe • Staddle|
|Landmarks:||Within eastern Bree-land: Big Staddlemere • Bindbale's Rest • Blackwold Headquarters • Brigand Cave • Combe Lumber Camp • The Crumbled Court • Goblinhole Ruins • Grobo Dogwort's House • Marshwater Fort • Midgewater Pass • Mustering Cave • Old Bauman's Farm • Ost Alagos • Ost Baranor • Silverwell • Skunkwood's Farm • Staddle Falls • Stump Field • Sunken Stones • Torthann's Camp • Weatherway • Wolf Den • Woodsedge Ruins • The Yellow Tree|