Missions are small scaling instances available to players level 20 and above. They can be completed Solo or Duo. Each has a unique objective and Twist, a special condition present in the Mission.
There are currently four regions containing Mission quests. Mission Recruiters provide swift travel to these "command centers" from many settlements:
- Elderslade — War of Three Peaks Missions
- Wildwood — Wildwood Missions
- Rivendell — Further Adventures Missions
- Erebor — Kharum-ubnâr Missions
If you complete War of Three Peaks Missions at the level cap, a bonus chest will also appear, containing coins and barter currency. For the other locations, this chest appears at all levels.
Missions can be played by two players in a fellowship, even if they aren't the same level. The procedure:
- When Player A starts the Mission, Player B will see a dialog. Click "OK".
- Player B should then talk to the NPC who granted the Mission.
- Player B should select the same Mission quest, as if to start the solo version. (This step is required for Player B to receive credit for the mission in wrapper quests.)
- Player B should scroll to the bottom of the quest list to "Available Private Encounters", and find the Mission there.
- The following quests give extra rewards for completing Missions.
- The following quests are only available during certain events and festivals:
|A Mission to Bring Good Cheer||Yule Festival||Mara Sandydowns (Winter-home)||Complete 1 mission (any region)||10 hours|
War of Three Peaks Missions
- Requires purchasing the War of Three Peaks expansion.
The War of Three Peaks missions quest chain starts with the automatically-bestowed quest The War Effort Needs You!, which sends you to the War Room in the Keep of Annâk-khurfu in Elderslade to report to Glóin.
Once you complete your objectives, a Scout will appear that allows you to quickly return to the Command Center. He will either be at the location where you entered the Mission, or nearby your objective. If you complete Missions at the level cap, a bonus chest will also appear, containing coins and . s
The following Missions have prerequisites:
|Mission: The Main Gates||Glóin||Complete the quest The War Effort Needs You!|
|Mission: The Secret Supply Line||Glóin||Achieve Dumul standing with The Gabil'akkâ|
|Mission: Attack on the Armoury||Glóin||Achieve Izkhas standing with The Gabil'akkâ|
|Mission: Loyalty of the Frost-bound||Glóin||Achieve Uzkhas standing with The Gabil'akkâ|
|Mission: The Marked Target||Glóin||Achieve Fabarâl standing with The Gabil'akkâ|
|Mission: The Assassination of Gorgar||Glóin||Achieve Azghzabad standing with The Gabil'akkâ|
The following 80 repeatable Missions become available at the completion of Mission: The Main Gates. They are available 8 per day starting at 03:00 Server Time, on a repeating 10-day cycle. During their availability, they can be reset and run again for 5 . s
Daily Missions - 1
Daily Missions - 2
Daily Missions - 3
Daily Missions - 4
Daily Missions - 5
Daily Missions - 6
Daily Missions - 7
Daily Missions - 8
Daily Missions - 9
Daily Missions - 10
- For each 20 missions completed, another tier in the "A Mountain of Missions" deed chain is awarded:
- Finishing all 80 of the repeatable missions completes the deed Missions: The War of Three Peaks.
Wildwood Missions are available from Radhril, an NPC in Trestlebridge .
- Missions: The Wildwood
- Wildwood Mission Slayer
- Wildwood Mission Slayer (Intermediate)
- Wildwood Mission Slayer (Advanced)
Further Adventures Missions
- Requires VIP status or the purchase of a quest pack (The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins) from the LOTRO Store.
Celeblír, an NPC in Rivendell , offers 10 repeatable missions awarding .
- Missions: The Kharum-ubnâr
- Missions: Foe-slayer of the Kharum-ubnâr
- Missions: Foe-slayer of the Kharum-ubnâr (Advanced)
- Missions: Foe-slayer of the Kharum-ubnâr (Final)
|Crafting Instances • Epic Battles • Featured Instances • Interiors • Missions|
Public Dungeons or Public Instances • Quest Instances • Raids
Reflecting Pool • Seasonal Instances • Skirmishes • World Instances