Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Crafting Guilds provide additional advancement for each production profession. There are no guilds for the Gathering Professions (Farmer, Prospector, or Forester).
- Characters may join up to two crafting guilds at a time once they have reached Expert level in a Crafting Profession. Joining the second Guild will have no effect on the progress of the original Guild.
- Switching your vocation will abandon all guild recipes and reputation gained from your current guilds that are not included in your new vocation.
Joining a Crafting Guild
- Master of Crafting Guilds may be found in various crafting halls and locations throughout Middle-earth. Often they are found near a Master or Mistress of Apprentices
- Speak with the Master of Crafting Guilds to choose a guild from the list of available guilds (based on your vocation). Notice: To meet the requirements for membership in any crafting guild, the character must have reached at least the Expert tier in the related profession.
Crafting Guild Advancement
|To achieve this
this many Points
|Apprentice of the Guild||10,000||10,000||Expert (T3)|
|Journeyman of the Guild||20,000||30,000||Artisan (T4)|
|Expert of the Guild||25,000||55,000||Master (T5)|
|Artisan of the Guild||30,000||85,000||Supreme (T6)|
|Master of the Guild||45,000||130,000||Westfold (T7)|
|Eastemnet Master of the Guild||60,000||190,000||Eastemnet (T8)|
|Westemnet Master of the Guild||90,000||280,000||Westemnet (T9)|
|Honoured (Minas Ithil) Master of the Guild||200,000||480,000||Minas Ithil (T13)|
|Size / Tier||Points Granted||Cooldown|
|Small Expert (T3)||300||18h|
|Medium Expert||900||2d 18h|
|Small Artisan (T4)||400||18h|
|Medium Artisan||1,200||2d 18h|
|Small Master (T5)||500||18h|
|Medium Master||1,500||2d 18h|
|Large Master||3,000||6d 18h|
|Small Supreme (T6)||600||18h|
|Medium Supreme||1,800||2d 18h|
|Large Supreme||3,600||6d 18h|
|Small Westfold (T7)||700||18h|
|Medium Westfold||2,100||2d 18h|
|Large Westfold||4,200||6d 18h|
|Small Eastemnet (T8)||800||18h|
|Medium Eastemnet||2,400||2d 18h|
|Large Eastemnet||4,800||6d 18h|
|Small Westemnet (T9)||900||18h|
|Medium Westemnet||2,700||2d 18h|
|Large Westemnet||5,400||6d 18h|
- Once you have joined a crafting guild, you can track your progress within the guild by opening the Character Journal and selecting the Reputation tab, where you will find a progress bar displaying your current standing within the guild. Note that Free and Premium players will have to unlock the guild reputation with LOTRO Points in order to advance past Apprentice of the Guild status.
- Reputation item recipes are available from the Expert crafting tier onwards, available from the guild's reputation items recipe vendor. Reputation items are used for gaining increased standing with the guild; craft them and right-click them in your inventory, or barter them with the guild leader. There are three different sizes of guild reputation items: small, medium, and large, each requiring a substantially higher number of required materials but each also providing the more reputation points; no large size exists for Expert and Artisan items.
- Also, all crafting guild reputation item recipes have cooldown times according to their size. The cooldown on each recipe counts down independently of all the others.
- All crafting guilds have a reputation item trader who will barter a stack of reputation items in exchange for one larger item. This way a character may obtain larger items a lot quicker. This is particularly useful for amassing items while crafting a complete set of, for example, jewellery or armour using the larger items that have a 7 day cooldown.
- To the right is a list of the different tiers and sizes of crafting guild reputation items, along with the number of reputation points they grant and the length of their cooldown.
- To go from Apprentice to Westemnet Master of the Guild takes a little less than a month if you craft all rep items as often as their cooldowns allow.
Honoured (Minas Ithil) Master of the Guild standing
- The easiest way to reach Honoured (Minas Ithil) Master of the Guild standing is to have the Minas Morgul Expansion.
- Pick up the quest from the Guild Leader, and follow the quest chain to get a total of 200.000 rep, see []
- If you don't have the Minas Morgul Expansion you can use the "old" guild recipes to gain the 200.000 rep needed.
Crafting Guild Rewards
- As you increase your standing within the guild, you can purchase and use the Improved and Legendary recipes sold by the guild's vendors respectively. Some of those recipes allow you to craft a stack of items for a fraction of the normal ingredients needed, while other recipes provide a fool-proof method to craft a critical success item.
- The highest tier of crafting guild recipes allow crafters to produce Legendary weapons and class items, as well as items that can augment the accrual of item advancement experience points!
Guild Hall Locations
- In each crafting guild hall you will find the crafting guild leader, the guild's reputation items recipe recipe vendor, the guild's reputation item trader, and the guild's recipe vendors. Near each guild hall is usually found a Mistress or Master of Crafting Guilds.
- Crafting Guild Halls can be found at different locations around Middle-earth.
|Cook's Guild||Michel Delving's Craft-fair||The Shire|
|Weaponsmith's Guild||Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall||Ered Luin|
|Metalsmith's Guild||Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall||Ered Luin|
|Scholar's Guild||The Last Homely House in Rivendell||The Trollshaws|
|Tailor's Guild||Craft-hall of Esteldín||The North Downs|
|Jeweller's Guild||Craft-hall of Esteldín||The North Downs|
|Woodworker's Guild||Craft-hall of Esteldín||The North Downs|
|All crafting guilds||Galtrev||Dunland|
|All crafting guilds||Snowbourn||Sutcrofts|
|All crafting guilds||Forlaw||Wildermore|
|All crafting guilds||Aldburg||West Rohan|
|All crafting guilds||Dol Amroth, Library of Saphadzîr||Western Gondor|
|All crafting guilds||Minas Tirith, The House of Craft||Old Anórien|
|All crafting guilds'||Dale, crafting Hall||Eryn Lasgalen|
|All crafting guilds'||Estolad Lân||Morgul Vale|
|Cook • Jeweller • Metalsmith • Scholar • Tailor • Weaponsmith • Woodworker|