Notice: During the introduction quests for Hobbit and Men Strider is found at Archet where he is tending his severely wounded kinsman Amdir. A new "man" character will meet him already in the introductory instance and he is the leading guide through that instance. A new "hobbit" character will meet him at the end of the introductory instance when he rescues Amdir, though just seconds after he was wounded.
- The mysterious Ranger of the North who goes by the name of "Strider" is often seen travelling around Bree and the towns and villages of Eriador, but only a few know his true nature. He is a man of few words who comes and goes as he pleases, often disappearing into the wild for weeks, months, or even years, only to return and quietly go about his business, whatever that may be.
- Tall, strong, and wise beyond the years shown on his face, Strider is a master tracker, hunter, and woodsman. He knows much about the healing arts, and is a valuable source of information about the medicinal properties of plants throughout Middle-earth. Do not be surprised, however, if he does not give away many of his secrets. Strider is not quick to share more than necessary, especially with those he does not know and trust.
- The struggle of the mysterious Rangers known as the Dúnedain is a central theme in Lotro, and Strider plays a pivotal role throughout the game’s quests and storyline. Although his true identity may be common knowledge to fans of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, in the earliest chapters of the trilogy (which is the time-frame in which the game is set), Strider’s true identity and purpose are a carefully-guarded secret.
- The man known as Strider is actually ... — To be continued, episode 2: Aragorn
-  Intro (Hobbit), Instance: A Road through the Dark
-  Intro (Man), Instance: Jail Break
-  Intro (Hobbit/Man): Strider's Charge
-  Intro Hobbit/Man): Captain Brackenbrook
-  Intro (Hobbit/Man): Honing Your Skills
-  Intro (Hobbit/Man): Remedy of the Old Kings
-  Intro (Hobbit/Man): The Interrogation
-  Intro (Hobbit/Man): The Exiled Hunter
-  Vol. I, Book 1, Foreword: An Unwanted Guest
-  Vol. I, Book 1, Chapter 1: Unravelling the Thread
-  Vol. I, Book 1, Instance: Unravelling the Thread
-  Vol. I, Book 1, Chapter 2: To a Constable's Aid
-  Vol. I, Book 1, Chapter 5: The Other Riders
-  Vol. I, Book 1, Chapter 7: Horn-call of Buckland
-  Vol. I, Book 1, Chapter 8: Master of the Wood
- "You must make haste. More enemies will come soon."
- "Hurry! we must hasten if we are to escape!"
- "There is no time to lose."