This village lies just outside the eastern edge of Bindbole Wood, at the south-westernern corner of Greenfields where all its sheep farmers herd their flocks. Brockenborings supports a bustling community of townspeople, merchants, and crafters.
During festivals Brockenborings live up and just east of the village several games and fun takes place, sending waves of expectations all over the Shire. The year around adventurers come by for the Skirmish Camp at its northern outskirts.
See also Civic Structures and Facilities below
The following deeds can be advanced by visiting this location:
See "starting quests" or the interiors for more quests
-  Spoiled Pie from Brockenborings
-  Distant Dangers
-  Bears On the Greenfields
-  Prologue (Hobbit): The Aid of Halros
-  Bullroarer's Brew - Festival
-  Paying Your Respects - Festival
-  Bundle for Brockenborings
-  A Lore-master's Will - Lore-master
-  Volume III. Book 1, Halros Should Go
-  Volume III. Book 1, Halros Should Stay
-  Inn League Initiation -- Plough and Stars
-  Bullroarer's Challenge
-  Bullroarer's Challenge -- Advanced
-  A Celebration at the Greenfields
-  All But the Cider
-  All But the Good Cider
-  A Drink of the Best Character
See "list of NPCs" within Brockenborings and its interiors
|Serlo Brockhouse||Supplier - Roaming|
|Felderic Willowwood||Light Armour Trader|
|Mirabell Gammidge||Medium Armour Trader|
|Brinley Gardener||One-handed Weapon Trader|
|Tala Handyman||Two-handed Weapon Trader|
|Foxglove Grubb||Inn League Member|
|Sigismond North-took||Quest - Spring Festival|
Civic Structures and Facilities
The Plough and Stars
The Plough and Stars is found at
Elevated above the village the picturesque tavern attracts locals and strangers of all sorts; the tavern keeper Halson Tubwort welcomes everyone. During festivals the inn is even more lively.
Brockenborings Watch Office is the local gaol.
Just south of the stable is the Watch Office, from which Bounder Primstone and the Bounders watch over the village and the neighbourhood.
- Bounder Primstone, quests
The Statue of the Bullroarer
The statue of the Bullroarer is a point of interest.
Spring Festival Games
During the Spring Festival in the Shire, hobbits compete in a game called the Bullroarer's Challenge in which they drink a large amount of Bullroarer's Brew, toast to Bullroarer's health, and then try to run across fences set up between two stages without falling off the fence. Some hobbits practice all year long for this game which derives from Bandobras running along the tops of fences of the Great Smials to keep in shape and hone his skills.
The two stages are located just outside Brockenborings' eastern border. Visit Sigismond North-took for further direction.
- "The day after the battle Frodo rode to Michel Delving and released the prisoners from the Lockholes. One of the first that they found was poor Fredegar Bolger, Fatty no longer. He had been taken when the ruffians smoked out a band of rebels that he led from their hidings up in the Brockenbores by the hills of Scary." — The Returns of the King, by Tolkien