The Halls of Night
|Level:||40 - 130|
|Cluster:||Shadows of Angmar|
Along the southern cliffside of Fasach-larran, the entrance to a small tomb can be found. Only wargs and hill-beasts can be found in the surrounding area, instead of the expected wights or shades. Within the tomb some skeletal remains can be found sitting upon a throne. Those foolish enough to approach the remains will be pulled in to the Halls of Night, a realm of the dead. Underneath a starry sky, these halls are commanded by the Rogmul sorcerer Nightmare.
Players must discover the entrance in order to join. There are two tiers available, with a challenge quest available at level cap. The instance is fairly short, with few trash pulls but multiple sub-bosses.
The following deeds can be obtained by visiting this location or completing the instance:
-  Family History
The following creatures are found within this area:
|40+||Nightmare||Elite Master||Ancient Evil||Rogmul||19,307+||1,950+|
|40+||Panic||Elite Master||Ancient Evil||Shade||23,169+||2,340+|
|40+||Terror||Elite Master||Ancient Evil||Shade||23,169+||2,340+|
- Tomb-spirit - These come in 3 colors, and have only basic melee attacks. Each player is assigned a color at the start of the instance, and getting the killing blow on a spirit that matches their color will grant (or tier up) an Empowered Spirit buff.
- Tomb - These periodically spawn Tomb-spirits. They are invulnerable until their nearby Tomb-guard is defeated.
- Tomb-guard - These have a healing skill, and must be defeated in order to damage the tombs they protect.
- Hungry Spirit - These have an induction attack that causes a combat-permanent color drain debuff, weakening and slowing a player and preventing them from gaining any bonuses from Tomb-spirits.
- Panic (Left side)
Panic starts with two Tomb-guard adds that can heal him, so those should be taken out first. He will periodically choose a color and force attack that player, while Tomb-spirits of the other two colors spawn around the perimeter of the room. These can be killed by the appropriate player for buffs, but they don't aggro unless attacked and it's usually faster to just focus on Panic.
- Terror (Right side)
Terror periodically goes into stealth and moves to another location in the room, spawning two clones of himself with lower morale. They all hit hard, so try to keep them off light classes. To keep track of the main one, mark him with a raid icon (such as the skull). The portals in the floor stun and damage anyone who stands on them.
Nightmare is in the central room, approaching Nightmare will start the final encounter and spawn Tortured Spirits along the sides of the room. Nightmare has the same color-draining induction as the Hungry Spirits, so try to interrupt him, but an affected player can cure the debuff by killing one of the Tortured Spirits. This will fail challenge mode however, so the tank should stay away from the sides to avoid accidentally hitting them. Nightmare has a frontal AoE, so the other players should stand behind him.
As Nightmare hits certain morale thresholds, he will activate a Tomb and its guard. A DPS-heavy fellowship can try to focus down Nightmare before the tombs spawn too many adds for the tank to handle, but a slower group will want to stop hitting Nightmare and take out each tomb as it becomes active. Bring disease potions, as power drains are an issue at higher levels.
- Optional Quest
- "The Hillmen of Angmar have discovered an ancient barrow hidden away for centuries. The leaders of Aughaire have called for adventurers willing to brave the tomb rumored to be filled with wealth and riches. Markings surrounding its entrance bear an ominous warning; twisted creatures and slumbering warriors at the foot of a powerful sorcerer..." — Instance Text