Great Barrow: The Maze
|Great Barrow: The Maze
|20 - 150
|Shadows of Angmar
- [20+] Ancient Barrow-wights
- [20+] Ancient Flames
- [20+] Crawling Arms
- [20+] Gaerdring and Gaerthel
- [20+] Grim Tomb-wights
-  Challenge: Gaerdring and Gaerthel
- Trash pulls
The majority of fights in the instance are straightforward, but keep an eye out for any patrolling Ancient Barrow-wights, which are stronger and have more morale than the other mobs. There are also a few locations where enemies spawn from the ground abruptly, so don't run ahead of the tank if you don't know which areas are safe.
The fight will reset if the caller or any of his summoned adds reach the top of the stairs.
His room is full of Ancient Barrow-wights which do not reset, and should be cleared out first to make the fight easier. Use ranged skills to pull one or two of them at a time and take them upstairs where the caller will reset (but the Ancient Barrow-Wights will not).
Once the room is empty other than the caller, everyone should head down into the room. The caller will summon 2 Grim Tomb-wights at the beginning of the fight. Take these out first, as the caller will summon more adds when his morale is low.
At about 20% morale, the caller will temporarily go inactive and summon 2 Devouring Barrow-crawlers that cause knockback. Stay off the stairs to avoid flying upstairs and accidentally resetting the fight.
The large crawlers in turn summon Bloated Barrow-crawlers that randomly target a player and burst into poison clouds. You can try to get out of the clouds, but the room will quickly be covered in them and they do more damage to moving players, so it's better to remain stationary if possible.
- After a short intro, Gaerdring will attack with range at a random player first while Gaerthel remains inactive.
- Extra wights and arms will spawn until Gaerdring dies. These mobs should be picked up before they attack the healer.
- Once Gaerdring dies, the adds will stop spawning and Gaerthel will become active.
- Gaerthel deals higher melee damage than Gaedring so the tank will need more heals to compensate.