These majestic and giant halls are cut into the Blue Mountains by the dwarves under the leadership of Thráin and Thorin. At the crest of the impressive stairs from Frerin's Court a visitor enters a section known as Thorin's Gates, with the hardened entrance into the halls. At this outdoor section a smaller door leads straight to the Festival Arena and Thorin's Hall Inn.
Thorin's Hall provides all possible services, trainers and vendors. Its extensive crafting facilities includes Superior Forges, the Metalsmith's Guild and the Weaponsmith's Guild. These halls also hosts the Blue Stone Garrison which is the lounge for members with Acquaintance standing with Thorin's Hall; inside is found a Superior Workbench.
Notice: The settlement is basically set up by many smaller halls and sections. This page provides a summary but details are listed at the individual pages of the smaller sections. Useful services outside of these halls are found in Thorin's Gate and Frerin's Court.
- Auction House - in The Great Hall - (east)
- Barber - Walgarth - Thorin's Hall Inn - (in basement)
- Bard - Steinn Silvertongue - Hall of Kings - (eastern ground floor)
- Clerk of Kinships - Belg - Thorin's Hall Inn - (in basement)
- Forge-master - Rósar - The Forging Hall
- Notary - Wárr Ink-sleeve - The Great Hall - (by main entrance)
- Outfitter - Boltr - Hall of Kings - (eastern ground floor)
- Relic-master - Bertel - The Forging Hall
- Skirmish Camp - (Outside)
- Vault - in The Great Hall - (west)
- Quartermaster (Featured Instance Rewards Vendor) - The Great Hall - (by main entrance)
- Mithril Trader - next to the mailbox outside the main gate
- Mailbox - several
- Thorin's Hall - The Maker's Hall - Oven, Workbench
- Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall - Superior Forge
- Blue Stone Garrison - Superior Workbench
- Metalsmith's Guild Hall
- The Greenhouse - Farmlands
- Weaponsmith's Guild Hall
See "starting quests" and the locations for quests
See list of all NPCs within Thorin's Hall
|Durstan||Hall of Kings||5 - 11|
|Kimbur Green-tree||Hall of Merchants||15 - 23|
|Lafi||Hall of Merchants||29 - 32|
|Nál Bellowsbreath||Hall of Kings||41 - 47|
|Jórunn Firesong||Hall of Kings||32 - 38|
|Dannel||Hall of Kings||5 - 11|
|Fengari Frostmere||Hall of Kings||41 - 44|
|Gowan Smith-son||Hall of Merchants||17 - 23|
|Kettil Hardhelm||Hall of Kings||35 - 38|
|Kieri||Hall of Merchants||26 - 32|
|Brúni Stonehelm||Hall of Merchants||41 - 44|
|Galti son of Geitir||Hall of Kings||35 - 38|
|Hákan Ironhammer||Hall of Merchants||26 - 32|
|Invar||Hall of Kings||15 - 29|
|Ranald||Hall of Merchants||15 - 23|
|Adwyn Flame-eye||Hall of Kings||5 - 8|
|Aldwulf||Hall of Merchants||17 - 23|
|Ari Longarrow||Hall of Merchants||26 - 32|
|Ivor Yewbend||Hall of Kings||35 - 38|
|Ludde Blackeagle||Hall of Kings||41 - 44|
|Albryc Long-foot||Hall of Kings||5 - 11|
|Alvari son of Breki||Hall of Kings||41 - 44|
|Belgen||Hall of Merchants||15 - 23|
|Dagg Dour-face||Hall of Kings||34 - 40|
|Kragg Stout-heart||Hall of Merchants||25 - 32|
|Brymir Hammerhand||Hall of Kings||42 - 45|
|Hagan Storm-sword||Hall of Kings||6 - 12|
|Kyma Grey-bear||Hall of Merchants||15 - 24|
|Rhodri Blue-boots||Hall of Merchants||27 - 31|
|Thorvald Thunder-hall||Hall of Kings||33 - 39|
Civic Structures and Facilities
Notice: The different locations within this section, "civic structures and facilities," individually list all quests, all NPCs, and more, which pertain to each of them.
The Great Hall
- See Thorin's Hall - The Great Hall for more details.
The Great Hall is the first area just inside the main entrance to Thorin's Hall.
Its middle section is known for the great statue, the west and east wings host valuable services. Continue north, past the statue, for the Hall of Kings.
- Auction House
- Burglar Trainer
- Featured Instance Quartermaster
- Quest givers
Hall of Kings
- See Hall of Kings for more details.
The Hall of Kings is the majestic, centre hall of Thorin's Hall, to the north.
From this hall leads connections to most other halls within Thorin's Hall: the Hall of Merchants to the west and the Maker's Hall to the east, not to forget the basement with Thorin's Hall Inn and the Festival Arena. Furthest to the north, at the upper terrace, is found Thorin's Throne with Dwalin at service.
Hall of Merchants
- See Hall of Merchants for more details.
The Hall of Merchants is the western wing of Thorin's Hall, entered from the Hall of Kings.
This hall provides the spectacular waterfall that contributes to the canal. At its entrance is a ramp down to the basement and the Thorin's Hall Inn. At the upper level and past the waterfall is found the Blue Stone Garrison, the centre for reputation with Thorin's Hall.
- Armour vendors
- Weapon vendors
- Quest givers
Blue Stone Garrison
- See Blue Stone Garrison for more details.
The Blue Stone Garrison is a reputation lounge within Thorin's Hall's western wing.
It is located within the Hall of Merchants, at the upper level, across the bridge by the waterfall. Inside is an imposing, well protected hallway, leading to a very long ramp down to the heart of the garrison.
The Blue Stone Garrison is the home of the Thorin's Hall reputation faction and only those who have reached Acquaintance standing with the faction are allowed to enter. Just outside are found some members who welcome visitors of a lesser standing.
The Maker's Hall
- See Thorin's Hall - The Maker's Hall for more details.
The Maker's Hall is a level down from the Hall of Kings, in the eastern wing of Thorin's Hall.
This hall is the first of two crafting centres in Thorin's Hall, the second being the the Forging Hall located past the Maker's Hall. By the foot of the stairs from the Hall of Kings is another entrance to the basement and the Thorin's Hall Inn.
The Forging Hall
- See Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall for more details.
The Forging Hall is found past the Maker's Hall, in the eastern wing of Thorin's Hall.
This hall is renowned throughout the Middle-earth for its Superior Forges, which it has not just one but several. These are impressive and visitors coming too close have been seen on fire. Aptly the hall hosts a Forge-master and a Relic-master, as well as a Vault-keeper, metalsmith and weaponsmith crafting NPCs. Here is also found the entrances for the Metalsmith's Guild Hall and the Weaponsmith's Guild Hall.
Metalsmith's Guild Hall
- See Metalsmith's Guild Hall for more details.
This is the home for the Metalsmith's Guild where it is possible to gain reputation and obtain exclusive recipes and items not possible to obtain by other means.
- The Metalsmith's Guild trains serious students of the armourer's art in advanced techniques, allowing them to create superior items with less effort.
Weaponsmith's Guild Hall
- See Weaponsmith's Guild Hall for more details.
This is the home for the Weaponsmith's Guild where it is possible to gain reputation and obtain exclusive recipes and items not possible to obtain by other means.
- The Weaponsmith's Guild trains serious students of the art of weaponry in advanced techniques, allowing them to create superior items with less effort.
Thorin's Hall Inn
- See Thorin's Hall Inn for more details.
Thorin's Hall Inn is located in the basement under the Hall of Kings.
From the Hall of Kings there are two tunnels going down: the western ramp runs down from the arc into the Hall of Merchants; the eastern ramp starts at the Maker's Hall behind "the library". However, coming from outdoors there is much quicker entrance (and exit) via the Festival Arena, straight to and from Thorin's Gates, by the door just at the outdoor mailbox next to Bogi Deepdelver. How that architecture works is nothing a knowledgeable dwarf is permitted to speak of, but nevertheless does it work brilliantly.
From outdoors the quickest entrance is via the small door next to Bogi Deepdelver and through the Festival Arena. Otherwise there are two tunnels going down from the Maker's Hall and from the Hall of Merchants.
This is the natural tavern and place to hang out with for any dwarf visiting Thorin's Hall. This is the home for members of the Ale Association and once they have reached Acquaintance standing the may also access their private chambers through a door to the south-west.
The Ale Association
- See The Ale Association for more details.
The Ale Association is found in the basement of Thorin's Hall, entered via the Thorin's Hall Inn.
During festivals this ale loving club is bubbling and boiling with activities, whereof a considerable amount are aimed it undermining the Inn League's wild success. However, these usually noble dwarves of Thorin's Hall also provides some attractive rewards for those who manage to wind themselves through the quests and gain reputation *hic*
- Reputation vendors and quests
The Festival Arena
- See The Festival Arena for more details.
The Festival Arena is found in the basement of Thorin's Hall.
This arena is also know as "Thorin's Ale-hall" and it is reached either from Thorin's Hall Inn or directly from Thorin's Gates. The latter is via an entrance just at the mailbox next to Bogi Deepdelver, a perfect short-cut to the Inn.
The Festival Arena is used during Anniversary Celebrations and certain special events. The rest of the year the big hall lies dark, unused and in silence, except for the occasional gurgles from the many ale barrels.
- "So Thráin and Thorin with what remained of their following...wandered in Eriador, until at last they made a home in exile in the east of the Ered Luin beyond the Lune." - The Return of the King, Appendix A, Part III Durin's Folk
- The great halls of Thorin, delved beneath the Ered Luin in western Middle-earth are amongst the greatest wonders of craftsmanship and building found anywhere in the world. It has been nearly 80 years since Thorin himself journeyed away from this Dwarf-mansion of soaring stone to reclaim his rightful place beneath Erebor, in his noble quest to Lonely Mountain to defeat the dragon Smaug (a well-documented adventure, indeed!). Though Thorin was never to return to this place, having fallen in the Battle of the Five Armies after successfully reclaiming his throne, Thorin's Halls in the Blue Mountains remain a vibrant center of activity in the region. - lorebook
|Settlements and Landmarks of Thorin's Hall|
|Landmarks:||Blue Stone Garrison • The Festival Arena • The Forging Hall • The Great Hall • The Greenhouse • Hall of Kings • The Maker's Hall • Hall of Merchants • Metalsmith's Guild • Thorin's Hall Inn • Weaponsmith's Guild|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Ered Luin|
|Settlements:||Celondim • Duillond • Gondamon • Noglond • Thorin's Hall|
|Areas:||Falathlorn • Falathlorn Homesteads • Haudh Lin • Kheledûl • Limael's Vineyard • Low Lands • Rath Teraig • Refuge of Edhelion • Thorin's Gate • Thorin's Hall Homesteads • Vale of Thrain|
|Landmarks:||Amon Thanc • The Berghold • Clovenvale • Crookdell • Dol Ringwest • The Eastway • Edhelion Watch • Emyn Hoedh • The Festival Arena • The Festival Garden • Frerin's Court • The Grimwater • Hunter's Notch • Kheledûl Docks • Limael's Vineyard • Mirkstone Tunnels • Nen Hilith • Northern Barricade • Orodost • Ringdale • Rivergate Watch • Rockbelly Pit • Sarnúr • Silver Deep • Skirmish Camp • Skorgrím's Tomb • Southern Barricade • Spire of Kheledûl • Talath Ondren • Tham Gelair • Thrushstones • Thorin's Gates • Thrasi's Lodge • Treasure Field Base Camp • Tum Agor • The Wardspire • Winterheight|