- This page is about the settlement. For the faction, see Thorin's Hall (Reputation).
These majestic and giant halls are cut into the Blue Mountains by the dwarves under the leadership of Thráin and Thorin. At the crest of the impressive stairs from Frerin's Court a visitor enters a section known as Thorin's Gates, with the hardened entrance into the halls. At this outdoor section a smaller door leads straight to the Festival Arena and Thorin's Hall Inn. Also outdoors and to the east are the Greenhouse with its farmlands, and a Skirmish camp.
Thorin's Hall provides all possible services, trainers and vendors. Its extensive crafting facilities includes forges, workbenches and an oven, but foremost there are the Metalsmith's Guild and the Weaponsmith's Guild. These halls also hosts the Blue Stone Garrison which is the lounge for members with Acquaintance standing with Thorin's Hall.
Notice: The settlement is basically set up by many smaller halls and sections. This page provides a summary but each location page list its details individually.
- Auction House - The Great Hall
- Barber - Walgarth - Thorin's Hall Inn
- Bard - Steinn Silvertongue - Hall of Kings
- Clerk of Kinships - Belg - Thorin's Hall Inn
- Forge-master - Rósar - The Forging Hall
- Mithril Trader - (outside)
- Notary - Wárr Ink-sleeve - The Great Hall
- Outfitter - Boltr - Hall of Kings
- Quartermaster - Instance Rewards - The Great Hall
- Forge-master - Bertel - The Forging Hall
- Vault - The Great Hall
- Farmland: The Greenhouse
- Forge: The Forging Hall
- Oven: The Maker's Hall
- Workbench: The Maker's Hall, Blue Stone Garrison
- Guilds: Metalworker's Guild-hall and Weaponsmith's Guild-hall
See "starting quests" and the locations for quests
See "list of NPCs" within Thorin's Hall
|Durstan||Hall of Kings||5 - 11|
|Kimbur Green-tree||Hall of Merchants||15 - 23|
|Lafi||Hall of Merchants||29 - 32|
|Jórunn Firesong||Hall of Kings||32 - 38|
|Nál Bellowsbreath||Hall of Kings||41 - 47|
|Dannel||Hall of Kings||5 - 11|
|Gowan Smith-son||Hall of Merchants||17 - 23|
|Kieri||Hall of Merchants||26 - 32|
|Kettil Hardhelm||Hall of Kings||35 - 38|
|Fengari Frostmere||Hall of Kings||41 - 44|
|Ranald||Hall of Merchants||15 - 23|
|Invar||Hall of Kings||15 - 29|
|Hákan Ironhammer||Hall of Merchants||26 - 32|
|Galti son of Geitir||Hall of Kings||35 - 38|
|Brúni Stonehelm||Hall of Merchants||41 - 44|
|Adwyn Flame-eye||Hall of Kings||5 - 8|
|Aldwulf||Hall of Merchants||17 - 23|
|Ari Longarrow||Hall of Merchants||26 - 32|
|Ivor Yewbend||Hall of Kings||35 - 38|
|Ludde Blackeagle||Hall of Kings||41 - 44|
|Albryc Long-foot||Hall of Kings||5 - 11|
|Belgen||Hall of Merchants||15 - 23|
|Kragg Stout-heart||Hall of Merchants||25 - 32|
|Dagg Dour-face||Hall of Kings||34 - 40|
|Alvari son of Breki||Hall of Kings||41 - 44|
|Hagan Storm-sword||Hall of Kings||6 - 12|
|Kyma Grey-bear||Hall of Merchants||15 - 24|
|Rhodri Blue-boots||Hall of Merchants||27 - 31|
|Thorvald Thunder-hall||Hall of Kings||33 - 39|
|Brymir Hammerhand||Hall of Kings||42 - 45|
Civic Structures and Facilities
Notice: Each location within this section individually lists quests, NPCs, and more, pertaining to it.
The Great Hall
Thorin's Hall - The Great Hall is the section just inside the main entrance.
Its middle section is known for the great statue, the west and east wings host important services. Continue north, past the statue, for the Hall of Kings.
- Milestone, Auction House, Vault, Mailbox
- Notary, Burglar Trainer, Escrow Broker, Quartermaster - Instance Rewards, quests
Hall of Kings
The Hall of Kings is the majestic, centre hall, to the north.
Hall of Merchants
This hall provides the spectacular waterfall that contributes to the canal. At its entrance is a ramp down to the basement and the Thorin's Hall Inn. At the upper level and past the waterfall is the Blue Stone Garrison, the centre for reputation with Thorin's Hall.
- Armour and weapon vendors, quests
Blue Stone Garrison
The Blue Stone Garrison is a reputation lounge.
It is located within the Hall of Merchants, at the upper level, across the bridge by the waterfall. Inside is an imposing hallway and a long ramp down to the heart of the garrison. This the home of the Thorin's Hall reputation faction and visitors with Acquaintance standing may enter. Outside are some helpful members found.
The Maker's Hall
This hall is the first of two crafting centres in Thorin's Hall, the second being the the Forging Hall located past the Maker's Hall. By the foot of the stairs from the Hall of Kings is another entrance to the basement and the Thorin's Hall Inn.
- Oven, Workbench, Supplier, Provisioner, Master of Apprentices, Master of Crafting Guilds, trainers
- Lore-master Trainer, Rune-keeper Trainer, quests
The Forging Hall
This hall is renowned throughout the Middle-earth for its Forges, which it has not just one but several. These are impressive and incautious visitors have been seen set on fire. Here is also the Metalsmith and the Weaponsmith's Guild-halls.
- Forge, expert and novice trainers, Metalworker's Guild-hall, Weaponsmith's Guild-hall
- Vault-keeper, Forge-master, Relic-master, quests
There Metalsmiths can gain reputation with the guild and obtain exclusive recipes and items not possible to obtain by other means.
- The Metalsmith's Guild trains serious students of the armourer's art in advanced techniques, allowing them to create superior items with less effort.
There Weaponsmiths can gain reputation with the guild and obtain exclusive recipes and items not possible to obtain by other means.
- The Weaponsmith's Guild trains serious students of the art of weaponry in advanced techniques, allowing them to create superior items with less effort.
Thorin's Hall Inn
This is the home for members of the Ale Association and those with Acquaintance standing may access the private chambers in the south-west. During festivals the inn attracts more visitors and some settle down for the period and offers the most suspicious quests.
The Ale Association
During festivals this ale loving club is bubbling and boiling with activities, whereof a considerable amount are aimed at undermining the Inn League's wild success. However, these usually noble dwarves of Thorin's Hall also provides some attractive rewards for visitors who manage to wind themselves through the quests and gain reputation *hic*
- Reputation vendors and quests
The Festival Arena
- "So Thráin and Thorin with what remained of their following...wandered in Eriador, until at last they made a home in exile in the east of the Ered Luin beyond the Lune." - The Return of the King, Appendix A, Part III Durin's Folk
- The great halls of Thorin, delved beneath the Ered Luin in western Middle-earth are amongst the greatest wonders of craftsmanship and building found anywhere in the world. It has been nearly 80 years since Thorin himself journeyed away from this Dwarf-mansion of soaring stone to reclaim his rightful place beneath Erebor, in his noble quest to Lonely Mountain to defeat the dragon Smaug (a well-documented adventure, indeed!). Though Thorin was never to return to this place, having fallen in the Battle of Five Armies after successfully reclaiming his throne, Thorin's Halls in the Blue Mountains remain a vibrant center of activity in the region. - lorebook
|Settlements and Landmarks of Thorin's Hall
|Interiors:||Blue Stone Garrison • The Festival Arena • The Forging Hall • The Great Hall • The Greenhouse • Hall of Kings • The Maker's Hall • Hall of Merchants • Metalworker's Guild-hall • Thorin's Hall Inn • Weaponsmith's Guild-hall|