|Region:||The Misty Mountains|
|Area:||Northern High Pass|
This windswept outpost, only recently coming into use again, sits on the ridge which splits the Northern and Southern High Pass. Due to the prevalence of the severe snow-storms in the area and the thick mist of the mountains, the Thorgest's Haven welcomes travelers with indoor warmth and some amenities.
Destination Region Cost Prerequisites Gloin's Camp (Swift) The Misty Mountains 25 Min Level: 45 High Crag (Swift) The Misty Mountains 25 Min Level: 45 Vindurhal (Swift) The Misty Mountains 25 Min Level: 45 Rivendell (Swift) The Trollshaws 35 Min Level: 45
Destination Region Cost Prerequisites Annâk-khurfu (War Room) Elderslade 1 —
The following deeds can be obtained by visiting this place:
Starting: Inside Thorgest's Haven
-  Eliminating the Trail
-  Chilled to the Bone
-  Thorgest's Last Hope
-  Thorkell has Fallen
-  Atli's Favourite - Festival
-  Way of the Pack
-  Business Before Vengeance
-  A Worm by the Tail
-  Not Atli's Favourite - Festival
Supplies & Services
|Afwald||Provisioner - Task-master||Thorgest's Haven|
|Óli||Inn League Member - Festivals|
- Founded before the city of Helegrod. Hrimbarg was once called 'The Crown of the Misty Mountains' by dwarves who lived there, and they marked it as the highest dwelling of their people in all the world at that time.
- Alas, it fell neither to goblins nor giants nor dragons or other wickedness –- but tales say it fell to a great storm that drove down upon the High Pass and did not relent for five long years, choking the passes with vast mountains of ice, even burying Hrimbarg itself beneath a deep, featureless blanket of snow.
- When at last the storm relented and their fellows from Moria came north to relieve their brothers at Hrimbarg, not one dwarf was found alive, all having frozen or starved during the long years of isolation. It was decided thereafter that Hrimbarg should not be resettled, and it has stood empty for years beyond reckoning. — Deed text
- East of all these lands spill the long valleys of the High Pass, caught between a tribe of monstrous Men and a horde of vengeful goblins. In between, all but forgotten by the Dwarves, a derelict stronghold stands in the snow, now little more than a lonely lodge tucked into mighty stonework. This is Hrimbarg. Look here for a warm fire and strong encouragement to brave the nearby Writhenbores—nesting caves of the valley’s many Worms.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Misty Mountains|
|Areas:||Eastern Bruinen Source • Giant Halls • Helegrod • High Crag • North High Pass • Northern Bruinen Source • South High Pass • Western Bruinen Source|
|Settlements:||Glóin's Camp • Hrimbarg • Vindurhal|
|Landmarks:||Akûltot • Bergel's Notch • The Bitter Stair • The Black Crack • Caldwell Pool • Ceber Los • Cirith Daur • Cirith Imladris • The Deep-fires • Den of the Northern Army • Dómstoll • Eglanúr • Eikhall Dale • Erforgh Cleft • Frosthyle Pond • Gabilazan • Ghâshru • The Giant's Needle • Goblin-town Throne Room • Gollum's Cave • Greybough End • Hríthur's Haven • Imlad Norn • Iorbar • Iskeld's Lookout • The Lornstone • Men Helch • The Mountain's Throat • Nan Gongarag • Northtarn • Orod Laden • Pinnath Fenui • Rakhâs-bizar • Slave Pens • Snárskrith Dell • Starkhath • Stonecaller's Circle • Thorgest's Haven • Thundergrot • War Steadings • Whitcleft • Writhenbores|