Goblin-town Throne Room
|Cluster:||Shadows of Angmar|
|Region:||The Misty Mountains|
This large chamber is found in the deepest reaches of Goblin-town, entered through a passage from Eglanúr. Dark, damp, and adorned with all kinds of totems and fetishes, this cavern is the crown of the goblin kingdom.
In this room the new goblin king, Ashûrz can be found at his throne alongside his warg companion, Izkâl. He is accompanied by several dozen of his goblin forces alongside his commanding soldier, Aklash. At the center of the chamber is a large pit in which those unlucky enough to be thrown in will be met by the brutish cave-troll, Horm as well as his handler, Rakothúrz. The forces of Angmar have sent forth an Uruk emmissary, Bhoghad, to try and enlist the goblins into their army, whether willfully or not.
Directions from the Mountain's Throat:
- First follow directions to Zagh.
- From bottom of second stairs, head north through room and bear left. This will take you to Throne Room entrance.
Note: This location is also referred to as the Great Goblin's Den, which is the name of the specific instance it is a part of.
The following deeds can be obtained by visiting this location:
-  A Great Goblin - Small Fellowship
-  Rakothúrz and Horm - Small Fellowship
-  The Emissary - Small Fellowship
-  Aklash, the Leader of Soldiers - Small Fellowship
- To be able to kill the Emissary, go along the right side of the room, killing all mobs, or he might have been killed by the Great Goblin.
- If you want to see the cut scene where he dies: When you first enter the instance go directly into main room of instance and clear mobs up to the pit with boss below in it. Do not go beyond it.
- Wait on the edge of the pit, opposite the throne. After waiting for quite some time the Great Goblin will walk down towards the pit and the Emissary will be brought before him. Here is the script of the cut scene:
- Ashûrz the Great Goblin says, "Bring the emissary forward!"
- Bhoghad, Emissary to Goblin-town says, "Servant of Angmar and Lugbûrz, I am here to call you to us."
- Ashûrz the Great Goblin says, "You come before me in my own hall and speak of servitude?"
- Ashûrz the Great Goblin says, "Do you think the goblins of Goblin-town are fools!?"
- Bhoghad, Emissary to Goblin-town says, "Goblin, I am here to invite you to the slaughter. The North is strong!"
- Bhoghad, Emissary to Goblin-town says, "Angmar's call cannot be ignored. We will strike down all foes and blot out the light of the Sun."
- Ashûrz the Great Goblin says, "You talk of service to Angmar, but Angmar is still weak. You come to us for aid."
- Ashûrz the Great Goblin says, "We will not bend knee to Angmar. The goblins of Goblin-town bend only to Lugbûrz!"
- Bhoghad, Emissary to Goblin-town says, "Goblin, this talk is foolish. It is pointless. We are the army of Angmar."
- Bhoghad, Emissary to Goblin-town says, "To defy our might and our strength is...madness!"
- Ashûrz the Great Goblin says, "Madness? Madness? You fool!"
- Ashûrz the Great Goblin says, "This is Goblin-town!"
- Bhoghad, Emissary to Goblin-town says, "No!"
- Ashûrz the Great Goblin says, "Fools, thinking they command Ashúrz -- the Great Goblin!"
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Aklash, Leader of Soldiers
- Blogmal Overseer
- Cowardly Boggart
- Goblin-town Drudger
- Goblin-town Lasher
- Goblin-town Lickspittle
- Goblin-town Soldier
- Goblin-town Warrior
- Izkâl, Ashûrz's Beast
- Rakothúrz, Horm's Handler
|45||Ashûrz the Great Goblin||Elite Master||Orc-kind||Goblin||25,685||2,805|
|45||Bhoghad, Emissary to Goblin-town||Elite||Orc-kind||Uruk||11,558||2,338|
|45||Horm, The Pit Beast||Elite Master||Troll-kind||Troll||27,974||2,469|
- "In the darkest depths of Goblin-town, at the heart of the goblin kingdom, teeming with the vile breed, lay the throne room of the Great Goblin. Long have the inhabitants of Goblin-town been leaderless, but as the Shadow in the East grows, calling its minions to arms, a new leader has taken the mantle of the Great Goblin...." — Instance Text
- The throne room of Goblin-town, the Den of the Great Goblin, is not a place where most travellers wish to find themselves. Possessed of an odd and unfair sense of justice, the goblins usually bring their captives before the Great Goblin to face his judgement rather than simply imprisoning or killing them. His judgement for presumptive crimes usualy involves spying or trespassing upon the goblin's domain.
- Unfortunately for the hapless captives, the outcome of these encounters is fore-ordained, the punishment for such infractions is always unpleasant -- and ultimately fatal. — Deed Text
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Misty Mountains|
|Areas:||Eastern Bruinen Source • Giant Halls • Helegrod • High Crag • North High Pass • Northern Bruinen Source • South High Pass • Western Bruinen Source|
|Settlements:||Glóin's Camp • Hrimbarg • Vindurhal|
|Landmarks:||Akûltot • Bergel's Notch • The Bitter Stair • The Black Crack • Caldwell Pool • Ceber Los • Cirith Daur • Cirith Imladris • The Deep-fires • Den of the Northern Army • Dómstoll • Eglanúr • Eikhall Dale • Erforgh Cleft • Frosthyle Pond • Gabilazan • Ghâshru • The Giant's Needle • Goblin-town Throne Room • Gollum's Cave • Greybough End • Hríthur's Haven • Imlad Norn • Iorbar • Iskeld's Lookout • The Lornstone • Men Helch • The Mountain's Throat • Nan Gongarag • Northtarn • Orod Laden • Pinnath Fenui • Rakhâs-bizar • Slave Pens • Snárskrith Dell • Starkhath • Stonecaller's Circle • Thorgest's Haven • Thundergrot • War Steadings • Whitcleft • Writhenbores|
|Shadows of Angmar Fellowship Instances|
|Great Barrow:||The Maze • Thadúr • Sambrog|
|Fornost:||Wraith of Water • Wraith of Earth • Wraith of Fire • Wraith of Shadow|
|Garth Agarwen:||Arboretum • Barrows • Fortress|
|Annúminas:||Glinghant • Haudh Valandil • Ost Elendil|
|Angmar:||Barad Gúlaran • Carn Dûm • Urugarth|
|Tham Mírdain:||The Library at Tham Mírdain • The School at Tham Mírdain|
|Other:||The Halls of Night • Inn of the Forsaken • Goblin-town Throne Room|
|Shadows of Angmar Raid Instances|
|Raids:||The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu • Bogbereth • Ferndúr the Virulent • Helegrod: Dragon Wing (24) • Helegrod: Drake Wing • Helegrod: Giant Wing • Helegrod: Spider Wing|