|Cluster:||Shadows of Angmar|
"Having obtained all the tools they need to contain a terrible spell, the sorcerers of Angmar retreat to Barad Gúlaran to fulfil the commands of their mistress Amarthiel, while the Rangers of the North seek to hinder them..."
Travellers head north from Gabilshathûr until reaching the road that branches off into Imlad Balchorth and Nan Gurth. Then they take the road to Nan Gurth, but break off to the right halfway along the road and proceed through some mobs while staying near the cliff-side. There is a path snaking along the cliffs, leading to just south of Minas Deloth, where it will branch off into a path that leads straight up to the door, which is the instance entrance. There some Elite and Elite Master mobs are patrolling by the path, so travelers keep an eye out.
-  Sheathed in Ancient Iron
-  Master of Barad Gúlaran
-  Sorceresses of the Black Tower
-  Army of One
Click [-] to contract a list of deeds found within the instance.
Barad Gúlaran is a fairly short instance, and a full clear without wipes takes less than two hours. Due to the difficulty of the bosses (especially Udúnion), it is highly recommended that all members of the fellowship are level 50.
Currently, being defeated in Barad Gúlaran and retreating will send players back to the entrance inside the instance.
From the entrance, proceed straight ahead into three elite Gúlaran Guards. Once they are defeated the gate will open, leading into a large hall. There are about ten more Gúlaran Warriors and Guards patrolling around the sides of the hall, and it is recommended (though not necessary) to defeat them all before engaging Forvengwath, who guards the door at the end of the hall.
Once the room is cleared and Forvengwath is defeated, you can head up to the second level of the tower by stairs in either the west or east rooms. Heading west leads to Coblaith, whereas east leads to Afraig. They both drop items that are essential to defeating the final boss.
In the room past Coblaith and Afraig, Castellan Wisdán awaits. The correct order in which to light the torches in his room is listed in his article. For those who wish to figure it out themselves, the note that one of the two Sorceresses drops should be sufficient.
Head back down after defeating him and looting his chest, which dropped the key to the summoning chamber that Forvengwath was guarding. Open the door and enter the chamber. It is here that you will face Múlvuirë, the last of the three Sorceresses, as well as the final and most difficult boss - Udúnion.
|51||Castellan Wisdán||Elite Master||Unseen||6-10||34,500|
Click [+] to expand a list of mobs found within the instance.
- Barad Gúlaran is located in the centre of a series of bridges that surround it like the spokes of a waggon-wheel.
- Barad Gúlaran used to be the fortress of the dreaded Witch-king, chief of Sauron's Nazgúl.
- When the Lord of the Nazgûl first came to Angmar and established his new realm as Witch-king, he built the great city of Carn Dûm and thence sallied forth to conquer Arnor. Unbeknownst to all but the Wise, however, he also built a fortress amid the wastes of Angmar, which he called Barad Gúlaran. There, he continued his studies in the dark arts he had learned from the Dark Lord Sauron.
- Though many secrets of power and the world of shadow had been laid bare to him when his Ring consumed him, there was much still he wished to learn. Chief and most secret of these was a way to break the bonds that enslaved him to the Lord of Barad-dûr, and thus make himself a great Power. When Eärnur, Prince of Gondor, and Glorfindel of Rivendell drove him from Angmar, the Witch-king’s hopes of gaining this power were dashed. He could never again return to Angmar, and was forced to leave his secrets in Barad Gúlaran free to whoever sought them.