The Hall of Fire
|Location:||The Last Homely House|
In the northern wing at the ground floor of Elrond's house is the Hall of Fire, no doubt named for its bright bonfires. There, Bilbo Baggins and Lindir trade riddles, and Elf-singers praise the beautiful Imladris, as do the elves at the upper levels. This is one of four crafting areas within Rivendell and it provides ovens and a cook trainer, but also various vendors offering supplies and services, as well as a barber.
- "Frodo found himself walking with Gandalf. ‘This is the Hall of Fire’, said the wizard. ‘Here you will hear many songs and tales–if you can keep awake. But except on high days it usually stands empty and quiet, and people come here who wish for peace, and thought. There is always a fire here, all the year round, but there is little other light.’
- As Elrond entered and went towards the seat prepared for him, elvish minstrels began to make sweet music. Slowly the hall filled, and Frodo looked with delight upon the many fair faces that were gathered together; the golden firelight played upon them and shimmered in their hair." — The Fellowship of the Ring, Tolkien
|Services & Supplies|
|Sogadan||Vintner - (Tavern Keep)|
|Bingo Boffin||During certain quests|
-  The Riddle-game
-  The Riddle-maker
-  The Riddle-finder
-  The Riddle-seeker
-  Notes by the Author
-  Hook, Line, and Sinker - Fishing
-  A Snowy Climb
-  Passage to Darkness
-  My Dwarf Friends
-  Preparing for the Dark
-  The Undiscovered Path
-  Volume I, Book 14, Chapter 1: Many Provisions
- [...] A Reminder of Rivendell - Festival
- [...] A Different Reminder of Rivendell - Festival
-  Bert, Tom, and Bill
-  A Hospitable Home
-  Instance: The Blade that was Broken
-  A Lesson from Bilbo Baggins - Burglar
-  A Lesson from Lindir - Minstrel
-  Raid: Reclaiming Eregion's Gift - Raid
-  Hand-written, Hand-delivered
-  Allegiance: The Court of Lothlórien, Chapter 2: The Time Before Travelling
- [...] 10. The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins, Chapter 10 - Repeatable
-  Volume I, Book 14, Chapter 1: The Long Road South
-  Volume II, Prologue, Foreword: The Strength of Men
-  Volume III, Book 1, Instance: Messages from Lórien - Solo only
- [...] A Forgotten Birthday - Baggins' Birthday
- [...] Belated Birthday - Festival
- [...] Eriador Year 5 Tales: Merry - Anniversary
- [...] Eriador Year 6 Tales: Pippin - Anniversary
- [...] Eriador Year 10 Tales: Bilbo - Anniversary
- "Lord Elrond seems troubled."
- "Welcome to Rivendell, friend."
- "You will find rest here in Imladris."
- "This is truly the Last Homely House."
- "I have found many of the newcomers quite enjoyable."
- "These halls are for rest and quiet contemplation."
- "The Hall of Fire is a place to reflect upon your thoughts."
- "You can hear many beautiful things, if you stop to listen."
- "I have written many works of poetry and song by the light of the great fire."
- "The songs of my people contain all the splendour and sorrow of Middle-earth."
- "Old Bilbo has promised us a new poem."
- "Lindir and Master Baggins always seem deep in one matter or another."
- "Mithrandir may be found in old Bilbo Baggins room."
- "<name> has come to the valley. What business have you for the Master of The Last Homely House?"
- "To dance with the breeze? To stand in the water? To gaze on the daughter? Why has <name> come?"
- "The yellow leaves will brush your cheeks, the wind will blow your hair. Though you may enter with troubles a-plenty you will leave without a care."
- "Come, good <race>, sit by the fire. Your clothes won't dishevel, your feet will not tire."