The Green Dragon
The Green Dragon is the tavern and inn for Bywater.
Barmy Rootknot is the Tavern Keep of the Green Dragon, serving a variety of ales and foods as well as other items useful to travellers and adventurers. A storyteller can always be found by the fire in the Green Dragon, holding audience with many towns-persons.
|Barmy Rootknot||Tavern Keep|
|Fulk Proudfoot||Inn League Member - Festivals|
|Ernwyd Bolger||Lazy Vendor - Farmers Faire|
-  The Green Dragon
-  Inn League -- Green Dragon Trial - Festival
-  Inn League Initiation -- Ivy Bush - Festival
-  Inn League Initiation -- Green Dragon - Festival
-  A Nosey Request - Farmers Faire
-  Bombur's Breath - Festival
-  Not Atli's Favourite - Festival
-  The Draught Drought - Festival
- The Green Dragon was renowned long before Frodo was born, already when Bilbo set out with Gandalf and Thorin's throng, the dwarves knew well were to go for refreshments. — with reference to The Hobbit, by Tolkien
- At the Green Dragon, Sam and Ted Sandyman discussed the reality in tales of elves and dragons and walking trees, and it was probably not the ale that fouled Ted. Somewhat later, at Tom Bombadil's House, Sam wished: "I won't deny I'll be glad to see this Prancing Pony he spoke of. I hope it'll be like The Green Dragon away back home! What sort of folk are they in Bree?"
- Later, when Sam eventually returns to the Shire together with Frodo, Merry and Pippin, they found a depressing sight: "when they reached The Green Dragon, the last house on the Hobbiton side, now lifeless and with broken windows (...)" — The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King, both by Tolkien