This small village in the woods marks the end of the short road that runs past The Hill from Tookland. However, a trail continues east through the forest to Brockenborings and beyond. The Hobbits living here are chiefly occupied as wood-workers at the nearby Overhill Yards, and with making charcoal.
-  The Big Black Bear
-  Bundle for Bywater
-  Long Live the Queen
-  Lucky Sling-stone
-  Spider Plague
-  Finding the Nest
-  Web-cutter
-  Crafting: Camping Preparations - Cook
-  Building the Michel Delving Homestead
-  Bundle for Overhill
-  Calling for Charcoal
-  Untangled Webs
-  A Salve for Stings
-  Instance: A Hunter's Charge - Hunter
|Primula Diggins||Expert Woodworker|
|Ardo ♥ Inula|
- Sam at the Green Dragon in Bywater: "But what about these Tree-men, these giants, as you might call them? They do say that one bigger than a tree was seen up away beyond the North Moors not long back."
- Ted: "Who's they?"
- "My cousin Hal for one. He works for Mr. Boffin at Overhill and goes up to the Northfarthing for the hunting. He saw one."
- "Says he did, perhaps. Your Hal's always saying he's seen things; and maybe he sees things that ain't there."
- "But this one was as big as an elm tree, and walking - walking seven yards to a stride, if it was an inch."
- "Then I bet it wasn't an inch. What he saw was an elm tree, as like as not."
- "But this one was walking, I tell you; and there ain't no elm tree on the North Moors," said Sam. — The Fellowship of the Ring, by Tolkien