Great Barrow: Sambrog
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Level:||20 - 130|
|Cluster:||Shadows of Angmar|
-  Accursed Fell-spirit
-  Ancient Flames
-  Barrow-wights
-  Consuming Barrow-crawler
-  Sambrog
-  Challenge: Sambrog
- Note: Quest level depends on the level of the instance; here minimum levels are listed.
- All quests are Fellowship quests.
- In the first room, once a player reaches the top of the opposite staircase, wights will start spawning from multiple locations in waves. These include Barrow-wight Bowmen, so healers should hide in an alcove out of LoS to force any archers that aggro them to run over so the tank can pick them up. Once all the wights are dead, the door will open.
- Gaunt Battle-callers can stun as well as inflict a disease that, if not cured in time, stuns you for 15 seconds and drains all of your power. Bring disease potions or a Lore-master with Proof Against All Ills traited.
- Bloated Barrow-crawlers will explode into an acid cloud if they reach their target, so try to pick them off from range. Once all 4 crawlers are dead, Accursed Fell-spirits will spawn and begin attacking.
- The 2 Battle-callers in the next room will spawn adds continuously from their respective sides of the room until they are killed. Stay back and pull them to you with ranged attacks to avoid fighting potentially multiple waves of adds at once. Once the callers are dead, the adds can be picked off with ease.
- The Ancient Barrow-wight at the far end of the room spawns Accursed Fell-spirits when approached.
- The next room contains Accursed Fell-spirits that spawn crawlers when defeated, but these spirits do not aggro immediately and can be bypassed by sticking to the center of the room (although doing so will prevent you from finishing their respective quests for extra marks).
- Sambrog periodically drops purple clouds that cause shadow damage; pull him out of these and avoid standing in them.
- As his morale decreases, he begins to spawn Accursed Fell-spirits that channel heal him. They can be dazed or stunned to interrupt the heal, but if your DPS is high enough you can just ignore them and fight through it.
- The spirits will despawn once Sambrog dies, so if anyone is working on the quest Heading West, at least 2 spirits need to be killed before finishing him off.
- When running Challenge mode, adds will continually spawn throughout the fight (including Gaunts, so a Lore-master is highly recommended for stun protection). These adds can be kited by a Captain/Warden, or tanked along with Sambrog if the DPS is fast enough to kill him before there are too many to handle.
Level 85 Loot
|Shadows of Angmar Fellowship Instances|
|Great Barrow:||The Maze • Thadúr • Sambrog|
|Fornost:||Wraith of Water • Wraith of Earth • Wraith of Fire • Wraith of Shadow|
|Garth Agarwen:||Arboretum • Barrows • Fortress|
|Annúminas:||Glinghant • Haudh Valandil • Ost Elendil|
|Angmar:||Barad Gúlaran • Carn Dûm • Urugarth|
|Tham Mírdain:||The Library at Tham Mírdain • The School at Tham Mírdain|
|Other:||The Halls of Night • Inn of the Forsaken • Goblin-town Throne Room|
|Shadows of Angmar Raid Instances|
|Raids:||The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu • Bogbereth • Ferndúr the Virulent • Helegrod: Dragon Wing (24) • Helegrod: Drake Wing • Helegrod: Giant Wing • Helegrod: Spider Wing|