Esteldín Library December 8th
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Esteldín Library December 8th is found at Esteldín Central Courtyard, in North Downs. [9.6S, 41.1W]
The library functions both as Esteldín's library of sorts, and as a planning room. Each side of the library is filled with books and tomes, dear to the Rangers. A long table is setup with several chairs to be used as a planning board when the need arises.
-  Fornost: The Darkness Within - Fellowship
-  Volume I, Book 15, Chapter 3: Proof's Burden
-  Volume I, Book 15, Chapter 4: Esteldín's Fate
-  Volume I, Book 15, Chapter 5: The Ring of Truth
- "The ruins hold a special place in the hearts of the Rangers in these dark times, for as the power of Angmar again builds in the north, the Rangers remember all too well the destruction caused by the Witch-king in his war against the mighty North Kingdom so many years ago. From this secluded location, it is said that the Rangers coordinate their efforts and amass the findings of their research and travels in order to enact their plans against the evil that again rises in the North. Of particular note is the Library of Arnor, a central depository of all preserved lore of the Dúnedain of the North.
- "The location of Esteldín is created from inferences found within the text of The Lord of the Rings, clues that lead to a dwelling place of the Dúnedain of the North, where Aragorn's mother went to spend her final days among her own people." — lorebook
- The events within this study are tied to a specific date: December 8. Notice though, this date is not specified anywhere in Tolkien's work. However, recall that the Council of Elrond occurs on III 3018 October 25, and the Fellowship leaves Rivendell the same year on December 25.