|Farmer, Forester, Prospector|
|Cook, Jeweller, Metalsmith,|
"As any archer will tell you, it takes more than a stick and a string to make a worthy weapon. The woodworker is an expert bowyer, but expands his trade to include staves, spears, and other hafted weapons. A master Woodworker can produce weapons that even an elven hero would be proud to wield on the battlefield."
Woodworking is the art of carving and whittling weapons from wood. A Woodworker can produce stout clubs, hammers, staves, and spears for melee use, as well as ranged weapons such as bows, crossbows, and javelins and Instruments for the Minstrel, such as clarinets, drums, harps, flutes, lutes, and theorbos. When he has honed his skills enough, the Woodworker can even produce Legendary Items that any hero would be proud to wield.
In his spare time, a woodworker may also whittle horns for use by the Champion, banner crests to inspire the Captain's herald, and intricate shield carvings to empower the Warden, or he can carve Warden battle-hymns and inscribe Rune-keeper parchments. The woodworker can also craft furniture for the home and fishing poles.
Associated Vocations: Armsman, Woodsman
A guide to attaining Woodworker Mastery
- Woodworking Tools (e.g., Bronze Woodworking Tools)
- Superior Workbench (for Artisan and Master Tiers, see its article for locations)
A list of all component items that are used to craft Woodworker recipes: Woodworker Components
- Treated wood comes from using wax, and logs from various types of tree branches found in the landscape, with woodworking tools on a workbench.
- Metal materials either come from Metalsmiths or from Novice or Expert Woodworkers.
- A number of advanced recipes requires Crafting Rare Components.
To critically succeed while crafting item, a Woodworker must have achieved proficiency in the crafting tier for that item. After gaining proficiency, the base chance to achieve critical success is 5%.
- Using player-crafted Woodworking Tools increases that base chance.
- Click through to the tools index to view the percentage for any given tool.
- Scrolls of crafting lore (produced by a Scholar) give a 1-minute buff, further increasing the chance of a critical success.
- These scrolls provide tiered increases to the crit chance, but they are tiered by player level, not crafting level. Thus, a level 7 Supreme Master Woodworker can only use the Minor Woodworking Lore that gives a 1% crit chance increase, but a level 65 Master Apprentice Woodworker can use a Scroll of Supreme Woodworking Lore that gives a 12.5% increase.
- Certain recipes have an optional ingredient, resin; the type of resin used is based on the crafting level of any given recipe, but using resins gives a flat (not tiered) increase of 45% to the crit chance.
Woodworker Mastery Components
A complete list of Woodworker Mastery Components.
|Mastery Component||Tier Level||Recipes|
|Apprentice||Most Tier 1 Recipes|
|Journeyman||Most Tier 2 Recipes|
|Expert||Most Tier 3 Recipes|
|Artisan||Most Tier 4 Recipes|
|Master||Most Tier 5 Recipes|
|Supreme||Most Tier 6 Recipes|
|Westfold||Most Tier 7 Recipes|
|Eastemnet||Most Tier 8 Recipes|
|Westemnet||Most Tier 9 Recipes|
|Anórien||Most Tier 10 Recipes|
|Doomfold||Most Tier 11 Recipes|
|Ironfold||Most Tier 12 Recipes|
|Minas Ithil||Most Tier 13 Recipes|
- A complete list of Woodworker recipe indexes by tier:
- A complete list of Woodworker recipes listed alphabetically:
- An index of items that can be crafted using Woodworker recipes
|Woodworker Recipe Index|
|Apprentice • Journeyman • Expert • Artisan • Master • Supreme • Westfold • Eastemnet • Westemnet • Anórien • Doomfold • Ironfold • Minas Ithil|
Crafting Guilds are Reputation factions that grant advantages in recipe execution. Reputation is increased by bartering special crafted items. Membership in a Crafting Guild used to be exclusive - you can be a member of 2 crafting guilds at a time (as of Update 25).
Woodworkers of all levels are eligible to join the Woodworker's Guild, but the guild recipes require Expert tier and above. To join a crafting guild one must first speak to a Master of Crafting Guilds, and they are always found in the vicinity of a guild hall and at many other locations. Then, travel to Craft-hall of Esteldín in the North Downs and speak with Guild Leader Viola Brockhouse to continue the quest. The Woodworker's Guild-hall is found at the back of the craft hall.
-  Introduction to Woodworking
-  Crafting: A Superior Workbench (Woodworker)
-  Crafting: Artisan Woodworker - Grants Superior Workbench Access and opens Master Expert Woodworker
-  Introduction: Woodworker's Guild
Using Your Skills
Named Expert Woodworkers. There are numerous unnamed ones.
- LOTRO Forums: Update 25 Crafting Change Notice