Halbarad's Study December 8th
|Region:||The North Downs|
This place is both an interior location and a date within Lotro's epic story. It is found at the northern side of the Central Courtyard, near the Library. Here the legendary Halbarad is studying the lore he has brought in and here he receives reports from Rangers of North Downs and beyond, planning and negotiating with allies. Hence the epic story-line many times are bound to this location.
All characters do not have access to this library. Access is granted from having the Epic quest "Fires in the North". It will be locked down again shortly after having completed the related quests, but what determines the denial of access is currently not clear.
-  Ruins of Arthedain
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 1: Ranger of the Fields
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 4, Part I: A Call to Dwarves
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 5, Part I: A Call to Elves
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 6, Part I: A Call to Men
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 6, Part II: The Defence of Trestlebridge
-  Volume I, Book 3, Instance: The Defence of Trestlebridge
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 7: The Council Assembled
-  Volume I, Book 3, Foreword: Fires in the North
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 3: Fallen Once More
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 4, Part III: The Dwarves Shall Come
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 5, Part III: Might of the Elves
-  Volume I, Book 3, Chapter 6, Part III: The Free Peoples of Trestlebridge
- The events within this study are tied to a specific date: December 8. Notice though, this date is not specified anywhere in Tolkien's work. However, recall that the Council of Elrond occurs on III 3018 October 25, and the fellowship leaves Rivendell the same year on December 25.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The North Downs|
|Settlements:||Amon Raith • Esteldín • Treasure Hunters' Camp • Lin Giliath • Othrikar • Trestlebridge|
|Areas:||Annúndir • Dol Dínen • Fields of Fornost • Fornost • Greenway • Kingsfell • Meluinen • Nan Amlug East • Nan Amlug West • Nan Wathren • Rhunenlad • Taur Gonwaith|
|Landmarks:||Amlaith's Scar • Amon Amrûn • Barad Eithel • Barad Harn • Barad Narthan • Dol Nendír • Etten Caves • The Evendim Gate • Falconer's Tower • Fashat Laug • Gatson's Farm • Gatson's South Fields • Glírost • Gurzlum • Haudh Eglan • Hîgropor • Hîsuk • Hrizgur • Kamskut • Kar Lak • Merenost • Minas Vrûn • Mincham's Camp • Nan Wathren Eastern Pass • Nan Wathren Western Pass • Nathan Hodge's Farm • Norbury Gates • Ost Crithlanc • Ost Galumar • Ost Lagoros • Ost Nuaran • Rusfold • Skirmish Camp • The Snares • Stoneheight • Tarkrîp Assault Camp • Tham Lorn • Thurûm • Trestlebridge Gate • The Trestlespan • Tûmat • William Peake's Farm|