South of the white stone marker by the Great East Road lies a small camp hidden on a rocky hillside, with the unlikely company of two elves and a dwarf. The camp provides the weary traveller some shelter and minor services. It serves a base for exploring the surrounding area and investigating recent happenings.
The following deeds can be advanced by visiting this place:
-  Trampling Hooves
-  Trouble by the Last Bridge
-  The Stolen Stones
-  The True Thieves
-  Scouts Among the Bruinen Gorges
-  Volume I, Book 4, Foreword: The Troubles of Rivendell
-  Barachen's Camp
-  Scouting the Wild
-  Provisioning the Elves
-  A Dangerous Path - Special Events
-  Volume I, Book 4, Chapter 6: The Knowledge of the Onodrim
- At the behest of the sons of Elrond, Barachen the Elf established a small camp in the Southern Trollshaws from which to watch for threats on the road to Rivendell. The Elves Alphlanc and Rochwen, bound to him by friendship rather than command, assist Barachen with his duties and watch from the Last Bridge to keep the road free from danger.