The Silvertine Lodes
|The Silvertine Lodes|
|Dungeon(s):||The Forgotten Treasury |
Battle of the Way of Smiths
|Landmark(s):||Gamil Filik |
The Way of Smiths
The Old Silvertine City
|Settlement(s):||The Deep Descent|
|The Great Delving |
The Redhorn Lodes
The Silvertine Lodes is an area within Moria on the west side.
The Silvertine Lodes is connected to the Great Delving on the north side, and the Water-works on the south side. It is also connected to the Redhorn Lodes through the Way of Smiths found in the pit at Menem-berej when you have accessed it for the first time in the Epic quest Bósi's Recommendation.
The following settlements are found within this area:
These landmarks are located within The Silvertine Lodes:
- Battle of the Way of Smiths - skirmish accessed thru the Instance Finder
- The Forgotten Treasury
- Tunzul-menem - Quest instance
See "list of NPCs" within The Silvertine Lodes
See "starting quests" and the landmarks for more quests
The following creatures are found within this area:
Named Creatures Flake Collectors List
Each of these creatures is the rare, signature, tougher, named version and all have a high change to drop a rare flake used in crafting.
|Silvertine Lodes :|
The Silvertine Lodes
- Deep in the belly of the great Misty Mountain peak called Celebdil by the Elves, Zirak-zigil by the Dwarves, and Silvertine by Men, one of the great quarries of Khazad-dûm lies in shadow and dust, waiting for its restoration, waiting for the echoes of pick-axes and miners’ songs to fill its empty caverns and tunnels once more. This deep place, known as the Silvertine Lodes, once glittered with ore and shone with the light of crystal lamps glinting off raw mithril; now it gapes like a hole not just in the earth but in the image of Khazad-dûm.
- Once, many long centuries ago, this hole was begun beneath the mountain to supply stone for great palaces and castles in Khazad-dûm and in far-off kingdoms but the Dwarves of Moria kept digging, beyond caution or reason, mad in their pursuit of mithril, until the Silvertine Lodes were all but exhausted. They scratched away at the dignity of the mines until little was left but a pit in the earth.
- When the Dwarves were forced to abandon Moria, to retreat before the terror of Durin’s Bane, the Silvertine Lodes were left dark and empty for many lifetimes. As happens with any dark place in Middle-earth, creatures and minions of the Shadow seeped in and laid claim to the place; so it is that now, though carved out and built up by the Dwarves, the Silvertine Lodes sprawl dark and terrible. They form a gap in the hopes of the Free Peoples, making for both a settler’s nightmare and an explorer’s challenge. 
|Settlements and Landmarks of The Silvertine Lodes
|Settlements:||The Deep Descent|
|Landmarks:||Gamil Filik • The Heart of Fire • Menem-berej • Menem-munz • The Stone Council • The Way of Smiths|
|Dungeons:||The Old Silvertine City|