The Great Delving
The Great Delving is the first area within Moria when entering from the west.
The Great Delving connects to The Walls of Moria in Eregion through the Hollin Gate on the west side, Durin's Way on the north side, Zelem-melek on the east side, and the Silvertine Lodes on the south side.
The Great Delving also connects to the Water-works through the Deep Way found in the Vault of Durin after you complete (Pending).
These landmarks are located within The Great Delving:
Other Points of Interest
- Durin's Threshold: North Wing
- The Deep Way
- The Dwarf-lords' Gate
- The Lonely Span
- The Palace of Náin
- The Stone Council
- The Vault of Durin
- The Battle of the Deep-way - skirmishs can be found in the Instance Finder
- The Cooling Chamber
- The Ghost-forge
- The Library of Steel
- The Morroval-outcasts
- The Spider-nest
The following deeds can be started/advanced in this area:
- Quests of the Great Delving
- The Great Delving
- In the Footsteps of the Fellowship
- Deep-claw Slayer
- Deep-claw Slayer (Advanced)
- Goblin-slayer (Advanced)
- Grodbog-slayer (Advanced)
- Spider-slayer (Advanced)
See list of all NPCs within the Great Delving
See list of all quests starting within the Great Delving
See list of all creatures found in the Great Delving
Named Creatures Flake Collectors List
Each of these creatures is the rare, signature, tougher, named version and all have a high change to drop a rare flakes used in crafting.
|Great Delving :|
There are also step by step directions for traveling between Durin's Threshhold and the Dolven-View.
The Great Delving
- The first region of Moria to be rediscovered by travelers from the west—the region bounding on the fabled and newly reopened Hollin Gate —is both an entryway and a crossroads. Known, in whole, as the Great Delving, this quarter of Khazad-dûm links mines to palaces, academies to foundries, and the cavernous underground of Moria to all the realms of Eriador in the west. It is here that the saga of Khazad-dûm’s restoration and rescue truly begins.
- Much of the Great Delving is an unexpected juxtaposition of Dwarf-cut masterworks and raw, unshaped stone. In some corners of the region, the remains of great works are crumbling back into the earth.
- Though most often regarded as a single, wide territory, the Great Delving encompasses three distinct areas. At its western end sits Durin's Threshold, an entryway, reception hall, and hostel for travelers from Eregion and beyond. At its eastern end stand the plazas and bridges of the Dolven-view, a wide and chasmic connector dominated by grand gateways of breathtaking craftsmanship. The ground in between consists of a finely wrought thoroughfare, called Lamâb-dûm by the Orcs of Moria, and a network of loose caverns and tunnels, all of which connect Durin's Threshold with the Dolven-view.
- All these places, once meant to welcome and unify the folk of Middle-earth, are contested ground now, caught between the Dwarves’ revealing lights and the Enemy’s dark grip. 
|Areas of Moria|
|Durin's Way • The Flaming Deeps • The Foundations of Stone • The Great Delving • Nud-melek • The Redhorn Lodes • The Silvertine Lodes • The Water-works • Zelem-melek • Zirak-zigil|