|Resource tier:||Westfold (T7)|
Tâl Methedras is an area within Dunland in the north-east region. The name means Foot of the Last Peak in Sindarin. The Falcon-clan has established a village here, called Tûr Morva. This area is part of the Epic Quest line.
This area is instanced and can only be accessed during and after the quests shown below. The creatures and Dunlendings in the area change completely after completing the 'Escape From Isengard' quest.
- Snowman Village - an "Easter Egg"
Located outside the main gate: (i.e. outside the instance)
Boats trips to the far side of the Lake with a northen and southern route. The locations on the west side of the lake are:
Note: The boats are only available in the first visit (chapters 6 and 7 quests).
|Tâl Methedras Quests|
This area is accessed as part of the Epic Quest line, beginning with Volume III Book 4 Chapter 6.
It is again visited in Volume III Book 4 Chapter 17,
and again in Volume III Book 4 Chapters 29 and 30.
and again in Volume III Interludes
- Léolin - outside entry gate on first approach
There are not many creatures in this area. All are located on the far side of the lake and are nominally "quest targets."
The following creatures are found within these borders:
- Slippery Toad
- Vengeful Toad (replace the Slippery Toads after completing and returning after the 'Escape from Isengard' quest)
- Crawling Avanc
- Enraged Avanc (replace the Crawling Avanc after completing and returning after the 'Escape from Isengard' quest)
- Tâl Methedras Ox
- Boats are available on the lake shore to fast travel from the eastern side of the lake by Tûr Morva to the western side and back. This helps when completing the quests requiring travel to the western area. After returning after completing the quest Escape from Isengard, the boats will no longer be present.
- The resource nodes are not present until after completion of the quest stage Escape from Isengard. After returning there will now be both ore and log nodes in the area.