Stand at Amon Sûl
Servants of the Witch-king have been drawn to Weathertop following a confrontation between the Nazgûl and the Wizard Gandalf the Grey. The Ranger Candaith has laid a trap to defeat the Cargûl who leads the dark forces to the ruins of Amon Sûl.
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 25.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There is one quest in this skirmish that scales to your level. You will automatically receive it when entering the Skirmish.
- The Stand at Amon Sûl (Deed) rewards the Title: Stood at Amon Sûl
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds.
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed.
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- Bloodwing (Skirmish)
- Gúgaw's Arm
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight waves of assaults while trying to keep the four campfires alive with torches and keep Candaith alive.
- Keep relighting the campfires using the torches at the central campfire or suffer from Oppressive Darkness effect.
- For the encounter with Gwathrengor to happen, as the Update says, you must let the torches off
Boss and End Fight
Simple boss fight against Narudúr the Cargûl. Remember to loot the corpse before leaving.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
- completing quest flags or objectives
- End Boss
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes you will need to activate the last banner before the chest appears, be aware and DON'T LEAVE until after you find the boss loot or chest.
Skirmish Marks are the main rewards and currency of skirmishes. They are not stored in one's inventory; but found in the skirmish and player's wallet windows. Marks, Medallions, and Seals are used to barter at the many skirmish barterers.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- money coin like the
- Heritage Runes like the
- Relics like the
- Legendary Consumable Items like
- Legendary Crafting Components like
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems give a temporarily buff effect on yourself, or deal damage or debuff a mob
- Reputation usually about 700 points of reputation with various factions