Stand at Amon Sûl
Servants of the Witch-king have been drawn to Weathertop following a confrontation between the Nazgûl and the Wizard Gandalf the Grey. The Ranger Candaith has laid a trap to defeat the Cargûl who leads the dark forces to the ruins of Amon Sûl.
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 25.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There is one quest in this skirmish that scales to your level. You will automatically receive it when entering the Skirmish.
- The Stand at Amon Sûl (Deed) rewards the Title: Stood at Amon Sûl
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds.
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed.
- Candaith - assists in the action, must survive
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- Bloodwing (Skirmish)
- Gúgaw's Arm
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight waves of assaults while trying to keep the four campfires alive with torches and keep Candaith alive.
- Keep relighting the campfires using the torches at the central campfire or suffer from Oppressive Darkness effect.
- For the encounter with Gwathrengor to happen, as the Update says, you must let the torches off
Boss and End Fight
Simple boss fight against Narudúr the Cargûl. Remember to loot the corpse before leaving.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
Remember to loot Narudúr corpse before leaving. Completing the skirmish will reward The Eglain Reputation. Rewards and Loot scale to the level, group size, and tier of the Skirmish. Loot is found by/at/in/from:
- Completing quest flags or objectives
- Skirmish Lieutenants
- End Boss(es)
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes the last banner must be activated before the chest appears, be aware and do not leave until the boss loot or chest has been found.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- - see details
- Heritage Runes - see details
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems - buffs or debuffs, see details
- Reputation - usually about 700 points with various factions