|Landmark(s):||Cirith Ulunn |
|Bruinen Gorges |
Glâd Ereg - Eregion
Tâl Bruinen is an area within The Trollshaws in the central southern region.
This area is located south of the Great East Road and Bruinen Gorges, and between the impenetrable mountain border to the South Trollshaws and continuing south of High Moor across the Bruinen river to the mountains that fence off the Giant Valley. Further to the south several paths reach Eregion, following the course of the Bruinen river, and south of Giant Valley.
Tâl Bruinen affords adventurers with a varied landscape of steep cliffs and hillsides, lush valleys, woody hills, colourful shores along the Bruinen river, and highlands to the east. Creatures in this area span from crawlers and deer to wolves and vicious, large worms. A tribe of Gauredain and wood-trolls occupy their own respective areas, while several bands of Angmarims can be found searching the various ruins.
By the river lies Echad Candelleth, an Elvish outpost where scouts charged by Elrond watch the surrounding areas for signs of the Enemy. Here Candelleth and her fellow scouts provide some minor services and tasks to keep visiting adventurers and explorers busy.
The following settlements are found within this area:
These landmarks are located within Tâl Bruinen:
- Cirith Ulunn
- Crumbled Cellar
- Echad Gauradan
- Eryn Singor
- Forgotten Monument
- Garbert's Cottage
- Torech Ullug
See "starting quests" and the landmarks for more quests
-  Surprise Pipe-weed
-  Giant Footprints
-  What Beast?
-  The Creeping Shadow
-  An End to the Enterprise
-  Rotting Roots - Repeatable
-  Volume I, Book 11, Chapter 7: Secrets of Eryn Singor - Small Fellowship
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Angmarim Searcher
- Angmarim Scout
- Crawling Rock-worm
- Green River-toad
- Great Glen-buck
- Great Glen-hind
- Red River-toad
- Udulug - Quest Instance
- Unearthed Crawler - Quest
- Wandering Stone-troll
- Red Fox
- Silver Squirrel
- Thicket Coney
- "South of Bruinen Gorges, following the path of the River Bruinen, is a relatively uninhabited stretch known as Tâl Bruinen. Long ago, this land teemed with small villages of hunters and fishermen, but troll-raids and other encroaching evil has turned Tâl Bruinen into a wasteland. Exploration of Tâl Bruinen uncovers bands of Orcs from Mordor, foul worms and toads, and the barbarous Gauredain of Echad Gauradan who once worshipped the Witch-king.
- "Also located in Tâl Bruinen are the ruins of Echad Candelleth. After Strider brought Frodo and his Hobbit companions to Rivendell, Elrond sent many Elf-scouts and Rangers into the Trollshaws to search for agents of Mordor. One of the scouts was an Elf-woman named Candelleth, who established the outpost she named Echad Candelleth." - Heroe's Guide
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Trollshaws
|Areas:||Bruinen Gorges • Giant Valley • High Moor • Nan Tornaeth • North Trollshaws • Rivendell Valley • South Trollshaws • Tâl Bruinen|
|Settlements:||Echad Candelleth • Rivendell • Thorenhad|
|Landmarks:||Amon Nendir • Amon Varadh • Bar-e-Therchir • Barachen's Camp • Barad Glamgil • Barad Remmellad • Bear Dens • The Blooming Fens • Cirith Ulunn • Crumbled Cellar • Delossad • Drauglad • Draugroth • Echad Gauradan • Eryn Singor • The Ford of Bruinen • Forgotten Monument • Garbert's Cottage • The Gates of Imladris • Gladdalf • The Glamgil Falls • Laenan • The Last Bridge • Lavanim • The Lost Temple • Minas Agor • Minas Ciliant • Narlinn's Post • Nurath • Ost Belegram • Ost Brandras • Ost Chall • Ost Dúrgonn • Ost Thondol • The Stone-trolls' Glade • The Stonemere • Taur Ornolf • Thingroth • Torogrod • Trapdoor Lair • The Wovenvales|