Bullroarer's Sward - Evendim
|Levels:||Mainly 11 - 13|
Greenfields is an area within the Shire in the north-eastern region.
This area is the northern outpost of the Shire towards Evendim and beyond, via the Northway that runs through Bullroarer's Sward and on. It borders Bindbole Wood to the west, and North Bridgefields to the south and east.
Greenfields is an area of rolling flat land covered in green grass, where many farmers take their sheep to graze, and many hobbits go for a stroll in the sun. However, recently several hobbits have reported seeing goblins and are fearing the return of Golfimbul, the fabled goblin chief.
See "list of NPCs" within Greenfields
See "starting quests" and the landmarks for more quests
-  Prologue (Hobbit): Goblin Foothold
-  Prologue (Hobbit): Troubles to Come
-  Prologue (Hobbit): Beneath the Greenfields
-  Prologue (Hobbit), Instance: Beneath the Greenfields
-  Prologue (Hobbit): The Shire Unprotected
-  Sheep Theft - Fellowship
-  Volume III, Book 1, Halros Should Go
-  Volume III, Book 1, Halros Should Stay
-  Volume III, Book 1, Chapter 5: Loose Ends in the North Downs
- [...] Bullroarer's Challenge - Festival
- [...] Bullroarer's Challenge - North - Festival
- [...] Bullroarer's Challenge - South - Festival
- [...] Bullroarer's Challenge -- Advanced - Festival
The following creatures are found within the area:
- In TA 2747 the Greenfields were the site of the historic Battle of the Greenfields in which Bandobras "Bullroarer" Took lead a force of hobbits against an invasion of goblins from Mount Gram lead by goblin chief Golfimbul. Bullroarer Took charged at chief Golfimbul, and knocked the goblin chief's head clean off with a swing of Bullroarer's club. Golfimbul's head flew 100 yards through the air, then rolled into a rabbit hole. Hobbit legend tells that this is the birth of the game of golf. — The Hobbit