Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Area:||The Great Delving|
Click here for step by step directions for traveling to and from the Dolven-View.
Destination Region Cost Prerequisites Durin's Threshold The Great Delving 30 Min Level: 45 Chamber of the Crossroads Durin's Way 30 Min Level: 45 Deep Descent The Silvertine Lodes 30 Min Level: 45 Twenty-first Hall Zelem-melek 30 Min Level: 45 Twenty-first Hall (Swift) Zelem-melek 39 Min Level: 45 First Hall Nud-melek 30 Min Level: 45 First Hall (Swift) Nud-melek 39 Min Level: 45 The Orc-watch The Redhorn Lodes 30 Min Level: 45 Anazârmekhem The Flaming Deeps 30 Min Level: 45
Destination Region Cost Prerequisites Annâk-khurfu (War Room) Elderslade 1 —
Tasks Bulletin Board
- Tasks Bulletin Board and Tasks Colletion Box
The following deeds can be obtained by visiting this place:
-  Claws of the Deep
-  Clear Tunnels
-  The Road is Ours
-  Scouting Ahead
-  The Cooling Chamber
-  Willem Takes the Lead - Episodic Content
-  To the Deep Descent
-  The Mithril Slaves - Repeatable
-  The Training Hall - Repeatable
-  The Ghost-forge - Repeatable
-  The Morroval-outcasts - Repeatable
-  The Library of Steel - Repeatable
-  The Spider-nest - Repeatable
-  To the Dolven-view
-  A Long Echo
-  Opening the Waterways
-  Securing the Library
-  Riddles in the Library
-  Instance: The Cooling Chamber
-  Into the Long Dark - Episodic Content
-  Vol. 2, Foreword -- Book 2: Echoes in the Dark
-  Instance: The Mithril Slaves
-  Instance: The Training Hall
-  In His Memory
-  Instance: The Morroval-outcasts involving The Morroval-outcasts
-  Instance: The Ghost-forge involving The Ghost-forge
-  Instance: The Library of Steel
-  Instance: The Spider-nest
Supplies & Services
|Dalwin||Iron Garrison Miners|
|Límar||Iron Garrison Guards|
Legendary Class Traders
|Bennt Sharp-eye||Iron Garrison / Quest|
|Fastarr||Quest - Instances|
|Mundgeirr||Quest - Instances|
- The Dolven-view acts as a window to the Great Delving below. From here, dwarves could once be seen bustling to and fro, visiting the markets, libraries, and workshops of this once-lively cavern. Now there is only a long, lonely view of goblin-fires and vile insects crawling through the dark.
- At the southern end of the Great Delving’s long central passageway, a hulking, hollow geode dominates this abandoned, stately plaza. Atop this silent mansion glow the fires of a new refuge.
- At the top of many dizzying stairways, in the highest halls of the Great Delving, lies one of the Free Peoples’ great footholds in Moria. Among the bold columns and warm lamps of this rooftop refuge, the expedition to reclaim Khazad-dûm has created a retreat from the Goblin-prowled plazas all around. This may well prove to be the central base for questing heroes in western Moria.
- This outpost offers a grand view out across all the Great Delving, from which the new defenders of Khazad-dûm can take in the heartening vision of magnificent gates and maintain watch over the disheartening sight of ugly, smoky Goblin camps. From here, it’s easy to see the heart of the Great Delving for what it is: a single, enormous cavern cut into plazas and palaces, all perched above a winding chasm of impossible depth, all gathered beneath a sky of looming stalactites. This is Khazad-dûm: beautiful and precarious.
- A long bridge capped with a coronal half-star of crystalline rods leads from the Dolven-view refuge to a corner of the Great Delving where obelisk-topped Dwarf-manses stand mysteriously untouched by the Orc-kind below. The greatest of these houses a masterpiece of Dwarf engineering known as the Cooling Chamber: the hall of a roaring, indoor maelstrom. Look nearby for the passageway that runs along the edge of the Great Delving’s cavern wall and emerge at the gateway to Zelem-melek to the east.