|Region:||The Plateau of Gorgoroth|
|Landmark(s):|| Morannon |
|Levels:||Mainly 106 - 108|
|Resource tier:||T11 - Doomfold|
- Udûn is a depressed valley in The Plateau of Gorgoroth located in northwestern Mordor.
- Following Sauron's demise, the various forges, foundries weapon halls and smelteries constructed in the valley of Udûn have been left in shambles, with acid pools and waste left free to pour out onto the landscape. Foul orc villages and encampments clutter along the roads, as they prepared for the Host of the West. Slaves that survived the initial quakes and blast of One Ring's destruction still work away, not knowing the liberation that awaits them. Yet, many ancient curses and hidden evils still lie within the tall strongholds of Durthang and Anglach, waiting to pour out onto careless explorers seeking to pillage the once mighty war-machine.
- An Adventurer's Guide to Mordor; OMG_Peanuts; https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?656588-An-Adventurer-s-Guide-to-Mordor
Lore: Udûn (stronghold of Melkor)
Dates: Constructed in the beginning of the World, ruined c.4,000 years before the beginning of the First Age Location: The far north of the World Pronunciation: oo'doon Meaning: The Sindarin form of an originally Quenya name, probably meaning 'Underworld'
- Udûn was the Sindarin name of the fortress of the first Dark Lord in the far north of the World. It was the first and greatest of his citadels, delved in the earliest days, the home to hosts of demons and monsters. From Udûn, the Dark Lord troubled the world for millennia. From there, he drove the Valar out of their dwelling-place in Middle-earth, and into the West. At the time of the awakening of the Elves, though, the Valar attacked Udûn in full force, and destroyed it utterly, carrying its master back to Valinor as their prisoner.
- Udûn also appears as a name for the northern valley of Mordor that lay behind the Morannon. No doubt Sauron chose this name in memory of his ancient master's greatest stronghold 
- From the original Lorebook, offical Lore entry: https://web.archive.org/web/20100414192124/http://lorebook.lotro.com:80/wiki/Lore:Udûn_(stronghold_of_Melkor)
The following settlements are found within this area:
These landmarks are located within Udûn:
-  Mordor Awaits
- Udûn Foothold
- The Slaves of Udûn - Quest Arc
- General and Landscape Quests
- Gearworks Quest Arc
- The Search of Captain Lachír - Anglach - Quest Arc
-  A Tedious Search - Mulnir, Udûn Foothold
-  The Burning Plains of Dor Amarth -- Vector quest to Dor Amarth
See Gorgoroth Deeds - Udûn for an overview of all deeds that complete in Udûn.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Plateau of Gorgoroth|
|Settlements:||Agarnaith Ranger Camp • Lûghash • Magh Ashtu • Ruins of Dingarth • Udûn Foothold|
|Areas:||Agarnaith • Dor Amarth • Lhingris • Orodruin • Talath Úrui • Udûn|
|Landmarks:||Amon Thaur • Anglach • Ash Watch • Ashronk • Barad-dûr • Bhol Rûdh • Blozronk • Carach Angren • Cirith Gorgor • Cirith Ungol • Court of Horror • Dath Nethryn • Durthang • Ered Lithui • Faltor Gâm • Fennas Gost • Fushaum Bal • Fushaum Tûm • Gakhronk • Ghashghurm • Grishbalt (Gorgoroth) • Iant Angos • Iant Ruin • Kala-gijak • Kála-murg • Krulronk • Lair of the Gloom-lord • Ledge of Dread • Ledge of Fear • Ledge of Terror • Lûghash • Lugvarg • Mokál Rukh • Morannon • Mordath • Morgai • Mornaur • Nauronk • Naerband • Nelegroth • Orodir • Sammath Naur • Sárronk • Seregost • Strand of Fire • The Abyss of Mordath • Thorzhaf • Torech Ungol • Viznak's Hideout • Zagronk|
|Regions of Mordor|
|March of the King • The Plateau of Gorgoroth • The Wastes|