The Mathom House
|Area:||The Delving Fields|
This is the Shire's museum of mathoms; anything that Hobbits had no immediate use for, but were unwilling to throw away, they called a mathom and often handed over to this house. This is also the home of the Mathom Society. Among the most prestigious items in the collection of the Mathom House was the mithril corslet of Bilbo Baggins, until he removed it and took it and his sword Sting with him when he left the Shire on September 22, 3001 III.
Mathom Society members enjoy many lavish feasts, and they routinely need to restock their supply of various foods and drinks. Cooks who donate these delicacies can gain reputation with the Society. The Mathom House offers adventurers in good standing with the Society the use of a study and a workbench.
- For more detail, see the Mathom Society
-  The Founding Writ
-  Prologue (Hobbit): Bullroarer's Club
-  Honey-roasted Chicken - Introduction - Cook
-  Seasoned Beef with Cauliflower - Introduction - Cook
-  Strawberry Dessert-wine - Introduction - Cook
-  The Call to Adventure
-  Belco's Writ
-  The Last of the Fireworks
-  Prologue (Hobbit): The Quarry In Scary
-  Volume I, Book 7, Chapter 5: What is Needed
|Baldwin Foxtail||Reputation Barterer|
|Keeper Brombard Foxtail||Quests|
|Bungo Puddifoot||Reputation Vendor & Supplier|
|Maneser Goodbody||Reputation Vendor|
|Rue Goodbody||Expert Scholar|
- "Young hobbits these days...how will we ever open our exhibit if they are always playing games?"