|Landmark(s):||Circle of Wrath|
|Settlement(s):||Barad Angarth, the Gate-wardens' Keep|
|Resource tier:||Minas Ithil (T13)|
Minas Morgul (eng. Tower of the Dark Sorcery) is a great fortress founded by Isildur in the second age. Originally called Minas Ithil (Tower of the Moon), it was built on the slope of the mountain Achathras as a shield against Mordor. By the time Sauron rose again, the Nazgûl conquered Minas Ithil, turning it into Minas Morgul.
Minas Morgul Locations
Locations found within the area of Minas Morgul are listed below.
- Barad Angarth, the Gate-wardens' Keep
- Barad Orhant, the Tower of the Treegarth
- Barad Elenath, the Star-gazers' Spire
- Barad Arthir, the Lofty Watch-fort
- See Category:Morgul Vale Settlements for more settlements nearby.
- Circle of Wrath
- Circle of Sorrow
- Circle of Madness
- Circle of Despair
- Circle of Death
- Citadel of Night
- See Category:Morgul Vale Landmarks for more landmarks nearby.
Minas Morgul contains four control points, which the White Company capture by defeating the Minas Morgul forces at the location. A captured control point is repeatedly assaulted by Minas Morgul Forces, and will be recaptured unless players win the battle. Control of all four points activates the effect .
- See Category:Morgul Vale Interiors for more interiors nearby.
- See Category:Morgul Vale Instances for more instances located within the same region as Minas Morgul.
Imlad Morgul: Minas Morgul Quests
-  Enter the Remmorchant - After reach Level 130
-  Sigils of Imlad Ithil for Motes - Repeatable
Minas Morgul Wrapper Quests
-  The Circle of Wrath - Damrod in Barad Angarth, the Gate-wardens' Keep.
-  The Circle of Sorrow - Damrod in Barad Orhant, the Tower of the Treegart
-  The Circle of Madness - Rhadrog in Barad Elenath, the Star-gazers' Spire
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Wrath Quests
Barad Angarth, the Gate-wardens' Keep
- Quests are unlocked after completing Into the Dead City
-  Let Them Fight
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Sorrow Quests
Barad Orhant, the Tower of the Treegarth
- Quests are unlocked after completing The Circle of Wrath
-  The Former Guardians
-  The Bonds of the Song-house
-  A Measure of Morgul Steel
-  Captive for an Age
-  Keeper of the Dead
- Dâr Grazadh
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Madness Quests
Barad Elenath, the Star-gazers' Spire
- Quests are unlocked after completing The Circle of Sorrow
-  Meanwhile in Agarnaith
-  The Most Valuable Commodity
-  Aerial Invaders
-  Invading Great-bats
-  The Halls of Black Lore
-  Leave No One Behind
-  Instance: Viznak Lives
-  Ghashan-kútot Awaits
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Despair Quests
Barad Arthir, the Lofty Watch-fort
- Quests are unlocked after completing The Circle of Madness
-  Gone Missing
-  A Mirthless End
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Death Quests
Barad Arthir, the Lofty Watch-fort
- Quests are unlocked after completing The Circle of Despair
-  Beyond All Light - Faramir
Uialrond, the Dome of Evening
-  Instance: A Waxing Moon - Faramir
-  Under the Crescent Moon
- Bâr Maenath
- The Wracking-hall
- Morgul Vale Deeds
- Lotro Forum Post describing Minas Morgul Daily quest unlocking: https://forums-old.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?676721-MM-Dailies-Guide
Minas Ithil was once a beautiful silver city where Isildur planted a sapling of the White Tree. In TA 2002, when the city finally fell into the hands of Sauron, an ill green glow started to shine from its walls, and it became known as a place of horror and madness. The palantír of Minas Ithil, the Ithil-stone, was stolen and delivered to Sauron in Barad-dûr.
The city was built east of the Anduin just at the base of the Mountains of Shadow in Imlad Morgul. It controls the road through the mountains into Mordor and the pass of Cirith Ungol. In later years it became a home for the Nine and their captain, the Witch-king, from where he commanded the forces of Mordor. During the War of the Ring, he sent great armies from there up to Osgiliath and then on to Minas Tirith.
Minas Morgul was mentioned as a future area in Letter from Executive Producer Rob Ciccolini - May 2018 and the Producer's Letter - February 2019 - A Look Ahead. It was made accessible on November 5, 2019, with the release of Minas Morgul expansion.