| "I like this land. It reminds me of the twilit wilds, far away in the North, where my heart remains." - Calenglad
This article or section is marked for missing location information.
Please visit Create new location and help expand knowledge about this wondrous place.
Needs Settlement Infobox and Boilerplate
Minas Morgul (eng. Tower of the Dark Sorcery) is a great fortress founded by Isildur in the second age. Originally called Minas Ithil (Tower of the Moon), it was built as a shield against Mordor. By the time Sauron rose again, the Nazgûl conquered Minas Ithil, turning it into Minas Morgul.
Minas Ithil was once a beautiful silver city where Isildur planted a sapling of the White Tree. In TA 2002, when the city finaly fell into the hands of Sauron, an ill green glow started to shine from its walls, and it became known as a place of horror and madness. The Palantír of Minas Ithil, the Ithil-stone that was placed in the tower was stolen and possibly taken to Barad-dûr for Sauron.
The city was built east of the Anduin just at the base of the Mountains of Shadow in Imlad Morgul, it controls path through the mountains into Mordor and tower of Cirith Ungol. In later years it became a home for the Nine and their captain, the Witch-king, from where he commands the forces of Mordor. In the War of the Ring, he sent great armies from there up to Osgiliath and then on to Minas Tirith.
Minas Morgul was mentioned as a future area in Letter from Executive Producer Rob Ciccolini - May 2018 and the Producer's Letter - February 2019 - A Look Ahead. It was made accessible on November 5, 2019, with the release of Minas Morgul expansion.
Imlad Morgul: Minas Morgul Quests
-  Enter the Remmorchant - After reach Level 130
-  Sigils of Imlad Ithil for Embers - Repeatable
Minas Morgul Wrapper Quests
-  The Circle of Wrath - Damrod in Barad Angarth, the Gate-wardens' Keep.
-  The Circle of Sorrow - Damrod in Barad Orhant, the Tower of the Treegart
-  The Circle of Madness - Rhadrog in Barad Elenath, the Star-gazers' Spire
-  Kolos Holm
- Kolos Holm Seal at
-  Kolos Mazauk
- Kolos Mazauk Seal
-  Kolos Throk
- Kolos Throk Seal
-  Kolos Gurz
- Kolos Gurz Seal
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Wrath Quests
Barad Angarth, the Gate-wardens' Keep
- Quests are unlocked after completing Into the Dead City
-  Let Them Fight
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Sorrow Quests
Barad Orhant, the Tower of the Treegarth
- Quests are unlocked after completing The Circle of Wrath
-  The Former Guardians
-  The Bonds of the Song-house
-  A Measure of Morgul Steel
-  Captive for an Age
-  Keeper of the Dead
- Dâr Grazadh
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Madness Quests
Barad Elenath, the Star-gazers' Spire
- Quests are unlocked after completing The Circle of Sorrow
-  Meanwhile in Agarnaith
-  The Most Valuable Commodity
-  Aerial Invaders
-  Invading Great-bats
-  The Halls of Black Lore
-  Leave No One Behind
-  Instance: Viznak Lives
-  Ghashan-kútot Awaits
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Despair Quests
"Oh, I do not know about this. I do not know about this at all!" - Bingo Boffin
This article is marked for checking accuracy.
Please check other sources to verify if the information provided is correct.
Barad Arthir, the Lofty Watch-fort
- Quests are unlocked after completing The Circle of Madness
-  Gone Missing
-  A Mirthless End
Imlad Morgul: Circle of Death Quests
Barad Arthir, the Lofty Watch-fort
- Quests are unlocked after completing The Circle of Despair
-  Beyond All Light - Faramir
Uialrond, the Dome of Evening
-  Instance: A Waxing Moon - Faramir
-  Under the Crescent Moon
- Bâr Maenath
- The Wracking-hall
- Morgul Vale Deeds
- Lotro Forum Post describing Minas Morgul Daily quest unlocking: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?676721-MM-Dailies-Guide