The Ford of Bruinen
- This page is about the location. For the skirmish, see The Ford of Bruinen (Skirmish). For deed, see Ford of Bruinen.
This renowned ford is found where the Great East Road crosses the Bruinen river, almost at the border between Bruinen Gorges and High Moor. To the south, along the river, lies the Blooming Fens. Even further south is Tâl Bruinen, as well as Eregion. Eventually it joins together with the river, Greyflood, to the southwest.
Not long ago Frodo and his hobbit friends, guarded by Strider, Glorfindel, and others, crossed this ford on their way to Rivendell. It was here, however, that the Black Riders ambushed them from out of nowhere.
The following deeds can be obtained by visiting this location:
-  Instance: Flying the Coop -- Trollshaws - Session Play
-  A Dangerous Path - Special Events
-  Volume I, Book 4, Chapter 3: The Wisdom of Lord Glorfindel
-  Notes by the Author - Episodic Content
-  The Ford of Bruinen - Skirmish
-  Session -- Trollshaws - Session Play
- This is the only crossing of the River Bruinen until it joins with the mighty Greyflood far to the south and west. The waters seem calm and placid here, but the signs along either bank suggest that the river overflows its course with great violence from time to time. - Deed Text
- "All at once, as if through a gate of light, the Road ran out again from the end of the tunnel into the open. There at the bottom of a sharp incline they saw before them a long flat mile, and beyond that the Ford of Rivendell. On the further side was a steep brown bank, threaded by a winding path; and behind that the tall mountains climbed, shoulder above shoulder, and peak beyond peak, into the fading sky." - The Fellowship of the Ring, Tolkien
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Trollshaws|
|Settlements:||Echad Candelleth • Rivendell • Thorenhad|
|Areas:||Bruinen Gorges • Giant Valley • High Moor • Nan Tornaeth • North Trollshaws • Rivendell Valley • South Trollshaws • Tâl Bruinen|
|Landmarks:||Amon Nendir • Amon Varadh • Bar-e-Therchir • Barachen's Camp • Barad Glamgil • Barad Remmellad • Bear Dens • The Blooming Fens • Cirith Ulunn • Crumbled Cellar • Delossad • Drauglad • Draugroth • Echad Gauradan • Eryn Singor • The Ford of Bruinen • Forgotten Monument • Garbert's Cottage • The Gates of Imladris • Gladdalf • The Glamgil Falls • Laenan • The Last Bridge • Lavanim • The Lost Temple • Minas Agor • Minas Ciliant • Narlinn's Post • Nurath • Ost Belegram • Ost Brandras • Ost Chall • Ost Dúrgonn • Ost Thondol • The Stone-trolls' Glade • The Stonemere • Taur Ornolf • Thingroth • Torogrod • Trapdoor Lair • The Wovenvales|