| "The three of you are hereby banished from Edoras." - Gríma Wormtongue
Due to Update 27.3 - August 19, 2020 this festival has been merged into the Farmers Faire, this page is now obsolete.
The Summer Festival is a special event to celebrate the season of Summer in Middle-earth. There are various events to participate in that award Summer Festival Tokens which players can exchange for cosmetic items, decorations, steeds and more.
In addition to the events and rewards of previous Summer Festivals, this year introduces a new Steed of Summer's Night cosmetics.
Note: Due to the introduction of the Midsummer Festival in 2020, the Summer Festival and Farmer's Faire have been merged into the one event, as the Farmer's Faire. All of the Summer Festival content has been retained. Summer Festival Tokens have been converted to Farmer's Faire Tokens.
RETAIN this page in case the events are separated.
- 2020: Merged into the Farmers Faire
- 2019: June 20 - July 11
- 2018: June 28 - July 11 and August 9 to 20
- 2017: June 28 - July 17
- 2016: June 21 - August 4
- 2015: June 22 - August 5
- 2014: June 22 - August 5
- 2013: July 24 - August 6
- 2012: August 23 - September 11
- 2011: June 21 - July 11
- 2010: June 29 - July 19
- 2009: June 23 - August 31
- 2008: August 1 - 18 and August 21 - September 1
- 2007: June 20 - July 10
- The Shire: The Party Tree, The Shire Race-track, Michel Delving and Bywater.
- Ered Luin: Thorin's Hall's Inn, and The Keg-race of Thorin's Hall
- Ered Luin: The Festival Garden
- Bree-land: The Festival Grounds in the Horsefields
Where: Inside The Keg-race of Thorin's Hall, entered via a horse found every nine minutes, next to the Stable-master at Thorin's Gate.
The dwarves of Thorin's Hall are having races amongst the doughtiest drinkers and runners of their folk. You can observe the races and venture a guess at who is the likeliest to win.
The Taste of Hobbiton
Where: The Taste of Hobbiton The Taste of Hobbiton invites hobbits with the most famous appetites to come and partake in a race to eat and run, and eat some more, as fast as the hungriest hobbit possibly can.
Where: Bywater (for starters), Celondim Dock's, Thorin's Hall underground river and just south of Bree near Halecatch Lake.
Beginning in Bywater, you will have the opportunity to do some exciting angling in several different areas of Middle-earth.
Inn League and Ale Association
The Inn League and the Ale Association are running their activities during the faire.
- Main article: Dance of the Races
During all seasonal Festivals, Dance Leaders will teach characters up to eight special racial dances (two from each Race) by completing dance lessons. There is one Dance Leader located in each of the festival grounds of Thorin's Hall Inn and The Festival Garden in Ered Luin, The Party Tree in The Shire, and the Festival Grounds in Bree-land.
Dance lessons take place approximately every 20 minutes, and the quests are available for about 5 minutes before the dance begins. As of U20, the quest start times are random.
When the Dance Leader starts, target the leader and follow their instructions using the commands /dance1, /dance2, or /dance3 as they instruct you. The time to perform each step decreases with the quest's progression.
At the end of the lesson, the Dance Leader returns to their original position and you are able to select your reward: either the first or second dance emote from that race. Complete the lessons again to learn all the dances!
- Main article: Festival Horse Races
Each festival brings exciting horse races to The Shire Race-track and the Bree-land Festival Grounds. By completing a race in time, players can win festival tokens which can be exchanged for festival rewards.
The Inn League Reputation Quests
- Inn League Initiation
- [...] Inn League Initiation -- Party Tree
- [...] Inn League Initiation -- Plough and Stars
- [...] Inn League Initiation -- Golden Perch
- [...] Inn League Initiation -- Floating Log
- [...] Inn League Initiation -- Green Dragon
- [...] Inn League Initiation -- Ivy Bush
- [...] Inn League Initiation -- Bird and Baby
- Inn League Trial
- Delivery Quests
- [...] he Green Challenge
- Covert Reparations series
- If you're playing both sides of the fence, and running quests for The Ale Association as well, you will unlock the Covert Reparations series after successfully completing An Irritating Initiation.
-  Covert Reparations - (Ailward Chubb at The Party Tree wants to know why four dwarves have quit the Inn League).
-  Covert Reparations I -- Sugary Sincerity - (Cheer up Óli in Thorin's Hall)
-  Covert Reparations II -- A Gesture in Jest - (Cheer up Kópur in Noglond)
-  Covert Reparations III -- The Card - (Cheer up Grímar in Gondamon)
-  Covert Reparations IV -- Who Doesn't Like Flowers? - (Cheer up Herluf in Needlehole)
- After completing the first time, you no longer visit Allward Chubb, just visit Oli, Kopur, Grimar and Herluf directly.
The Ale Association Reputation Quests
- Ale Association Challenge
- [...] The Ale Association Challenge: Introduction
- [...] The Ale Association Challenge: The Prancing Pony
- [...] The Ale Association Challenge: The Combe-Gate
- [...] The Ale Association Challenge: Staddle at Staddle
- [...] The Ale Association Challenge: The Garden in Bree
- [...] The Ale Association Challenge: The Stone Quarter
- Spoiler Quests
- Covert Reparations
- Delivery Quests
-  All But the Good Cider 11
-  Never Further From Home 11
-  One Drink Too Few 11
-  Quite a Tickle 11
-  A Bit of White 11
-  Bombur's Breath 11
-  A Different Reminder of Rivendell 11
-  A Drink of the Best Character 11
-  A Convoluted Wine 11
-  A Dark Prank 11
-  Not Atli's Favourite 11
- A Lucky Day at the Races
- Celebrating Sunshine
- Fortunate Festival Fishes (Hobby)
- Much Drinking, Much Running
- Much Eating, Much Running
- The Perfect Picnic (Skirmish)
- Too Much of Everything
Summer Festival NPCs
- Húni Fireworks Vendor
- Oxi Pipeweed Vendor
- Jorfi Race Trader
- Láfi Quartermaster
- Galmi Dance Instructor
- Ambi Quests
- Gaellien Quartermaster
- Dringil Fireworks Vendor
- Gaeriel Pipeweed Vendor
- Gelirdúr Quests
- Lalfor Quests
- Merengel Quests
- Nedhrien Dance Instructor
- Noreth Festival of Enedhin Provisioner
- Alger Hazelhurst Fireworks Vendor
- Liv Selwood Pipeweed Vendor
- Bernard Oaksey Summerdays Provisioner
- Múli Server
- Will Hindmarsh Quartermaster
- Ada Musgrove Dance Instructor
- Turbert Took Pipeweed Vendor
- Glad Goodbody Fireworks Vendor
- Dodder Twofoot Race Vendor
- Heartsease Whitfoot Lithe Festival Provisioner
- Ailward Chubb Inn League Member
- Ernwyd Brandybuck Quartermaster
- Oger Brockhouse Dance Instructor
- Amabel Redfern Travelling Farmer
- Tansy Tighfield Quests
- Billard Pott Expert Angler
|Recipe: Farming Tier 1|
|Stonecrop Leaf Field Recipe||10 35|
|Stonecrop Leaf Pipe-weed Recipe||10 35|
|Recipe: Farming Tier 3|
|Lengalenas Field Recipe||41 25|
|Pipe-weed Recipe||41 25|
|Recipe: Farming Tier 5|
|Summer Green-weed Field Recipe||82 50|
|Summer Green-weed Pipe-weed Recipe||82 50|
Summer Rewards Vendor
* The Hobbit-firework is required for the quest Fireworks for the Festival.
Seasonal Events: Spring Festival • Midsummer Festival • Farmers Faire • Harvest Festival • Yule Festival