|Farmer, Forester, Prospector|
|Cook, Jeweller, Metalsmith,|
"Metal armors and sturdy shields are the metalsmith's domain. Though their initial products may be of simple make, eventually their skills will allow them to work finer materials and greater designs."
As a metalworker, you can craft shields, heavy armour, and high-quality tools. While tools will require additional materials, most armour can be made from a sufficiently large quantity of metal ingots.
Associated Vocations: Armourer
A guide to attaining Metalsmith Mastery.
- Smithing Hammer (e.g., Bronze Smithing Hammer)
- Superior Forge (for Artisan, Master, and Supreme tiers, see its article for locations)
A list of all component items that are used to craft Metalsmith recipes: Metalsmith Components
To critically succeed while crafting item, a Metalsmith must have achieved proficiency in the crafting tier for that item. After gaining proficiency, the base chance to achieve critical success is 5%.
- Using player-crafted Metalsmith's Tools increases that base chance.
- Click through to the tools index to view the percentage for any given tool.
- Scrolls of crafting lore (produced by a Scholar) give a 1-minute buff, further increasing the chance of a critical success.
- These scrolls provide tiered increases to the crit chance, but they are tiered by player level, not crafting level. Thus, a level 7 Supreme Master Metalsmith can only use the Minor Metalsmithing Lore that gives a 1% crit chance increase, but a level 65 Master Apprentice Metalsmith can use a Scroll of Supreme Metalsmithing Lore that gives a 12.5% increase.
- Certain recipes have an optional ingredient; the type of Chunk used is based on the crafting level of any given recipe, but using a Chunk in any level gives a flat (not tiered) increase of 45% to the crit chance.
|Mastery Component||Tier Level||Recipes|
|Apprentice||Most Tier 1 Recipes|
|Journeyman||Most Tier 2 Recipes|
|Expert||Most Tier 3 Recipes|
|Artisan||Most Tier 4 Recipes|
|Master||Most Tier 5 Recipes|
|Supreme||Most Tier 6 Recipes|
|Westfold||Most Tier 7 Recipes|
|Easttemnet||Most Tier 8 Recipes|
|Westemnet||Most Tier 9 Recipes|
- A complete list of Metalsmith recipe indexes by tier:
- A complete list of Metalsmith recipes listed alphabetically:
- An index of items that can be crafted using Metalsmith recipes
|Metalsmith Recipe Index|
|Apprentice • Journeyman • Expert • Artisan • Master • Supreme • Westfold • Eastemnet • Westemnet • Anórien • Doomfold • Ironfold • Minas Ithil|
Crafting Guilds are Reputation factions that grant advantages in recipe execution. Reputation is increased by bartering special crafted items. Membership in a Crafting Guild is exclusive - you may only be a member of one crafting guild at a time.
Metalsmiths of any character level, and at least Expert level in Metalsmithing, are eligible to join the Metalsmith's Guild. To join a crafting guild one must speak to a Master of Crafting Guilds, and they are always found in the vicinity of a guild hall and at many other locations. Then, the metalsmith must speak with the Metalsmith's Guild leader, Hávar, at the Metalsmith's Guild headquarters in Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall, to receive the introductory quest.
-  Introduction to Metalsmithy
-  Crafting: A Superior Forge (Metalsmith)
-  Crafting: Artisan Metalsmith - Grants Superior Forge Access and opens Master Expert Metalsmith
-  Introduction: Metalsmith's Guild
Using your Skills
-  Crafting: Leggings for Gagi
-  Crafting: Outfitting the Defenders
-  Crafting: Bronze for Bree-town
-  Valuable Heart-wood rewards 10
|Rothir||Three-farrow Crafting Hall - (Bree)||Bree-land|
|Molda||Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall||Ered Luin|
|Ylermi||Great Lodge of Sûri-kylä||Forochel|
|Alfbald||Ost Guruth||The Lone-lands|
|Tincbrennil||The Vineyards of Lórien||Lothlórien|
|Ruineth||Imlad Gelair (Rivendell Valley)||The Trollshaws|
|no name||The Hall of Making||Lhanuch|
|no name||The Crafting Hall||Galtrev|