Gimli is son of Glóin, in the line of Durin. He lives through III 2879 - IV 120, which means he is about 140 years old when we first meet him and he eventually dies aged almost 245 years old, much later than the current era of Lotro. By that time he has earned the title "Elf-friend" which indeed was something of an achievement for a dwarf.
- This brave dwarf is son of the great Glóin, one of the companions who travelled with Thorin Oakenshield and Bilbo Baggins to defeat the dragon Smaug and reclaim the Lonely Mountain. Descended from the line of Durin, Gimli is a stout-hearted warrior of great skill and determination. Hailing originally from Ered Luin, the Blue Mountains west of Eriador, Gimli now calls the Lonely Mountain home, and lately has travelled to Rivendell. At the Council of Elrond, Gimli was chosen to represent the dwarves as part of the Company of the Ring, and to accompany the Hobbit Frodo Baggins on his quest to destroy the One Ring in Mordor - a great honour indeed.
- A dwarf in the presence of elves, even in these latter days of the Third Age, is cause for much speculation and even outright wonder, for it is no secret that the races of elves and dwarves each have long held bitter resentment against one another. However, Gimli's steadfast loyalty in the face of unimaginable perils has allowed him to overcome the ancient bitterness and return to Imladris at his father's side. — lorebook
Gimli (Ered Luin)
Gimli is first met in the Silver Deep instance during the Dwarf intro in Thorin's Gate, in Ered Luin.
Gimli (The Trollshaws)
Gimli is found within the Guest Rooms, in the south of Rivendell Valley, in the first chamber with Legolas.
- "What brings you to the cold north-lands traveller?"
- "Enough waiting! There is a journey to undertake!"
Later Gimli is found in Cerin Amroth in Lothlórien, the first dwarf who is allowed into these lands and to breach the distrust between elves and dwarves.
Much later in the Epic story-line, Gimli appears in a dream, in a quest instance that takes place at the banks of Anduin in Gap of Rohan.
-  Volume II, Book 7, Chapter 2: Ringbearer's Respite
-  Volume II, Book 7, Chapter 3: Sons of Leaf and Stone - Solo only
-  Volume II, Book 7, Instance: Sons of Leaf and Stone - Solo only
-  Volume II, Book 7, Chapter 4: A Tense Alliance
-  Volume III, Book 6, Instance: Troubled Dreams - Solo only
Gimli (West Rohan)
In West Rohan, Gimli is first found in the Golden Hall of Meduseld. Later, he can be found at the entrance of Helm's Deep.
Vol. III. Book 11
Vol. III. Book 13
Gimli (Central Gondor)
Travelling through the Paths of the Dead and Western Gondor with Aragorn and the Grey Company, Gimli can later be found in Lebennin at the Camp of the Grey Host. [82.6S, 37.5W]
Gimli (March of the King)
After their victory at Pelargir and on the Pelennor, Gimli can be encountered on the fields before the White City of Minas Tirith. [65.6S, 16.3W]
Joining the Host of the West, Gimli travels into North Ithilien, and can be found at Bâr Tarnaher. [43.4S, 13.1W]
Gimli (The Wastes)
As the Host of the West enters the Wastes, Gimli can be found at the Camp of the Host.
- "Don't stop shooting, Legolas!"
- "Keep firing, Legolas!"
- "Any foes that you miss will fall beneath my axe, Legolas!"
- "Baruk Khazâd!"
- "My axe is thirsty!"
- "Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!"
- "These Orcs must be unfamiliar with dwarves if they think to best me!"
- "What happens when you run out of arrows, Legolas?"
Gimli (The Plateau of Gorgoroth)
After the Battle of the Morannon, Gimli ventures forth into the Plateau of Gorgoroth with Legolas and can be found at the Ruins of Díngarth in Dor Amarth. [48.0S, 8.6E]
Gimli (Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands)
Gimli next returns home to Erebor to visit King Thorin III in the Hall Under the Mountain and discuss the matter of the Stout-axes. [29.5N, 25.6W]