Welcome to Project:Deeds, which concerns all the various Deeds found in the game.
- All new pages regarding individual Deeds should be created using this page, which will fill in the correct template and categories.
- When editing, maintain consistent format across pages (e.g., Hunter Deeds should look almost exactly like Minstrel Deeds.
- Follow in-game capitalization, spelling, punctuation, and hyphenation!
- For further details see Boilerplate:Deed
- Do NOT create region static index pages. Each Region has a category page of all deeds already (e.g. Category:The Shire Deeds, Category:Trollshaws Deeds). Static index pages are rarely updated and are usually duplicates of the original deeds. If you want a list of a deeds for your page just use the category tree dropdown <categorytree depth=1>Angmar Deeds</categorytree> (e.g. Angmar#Deeds). Or add a summary table to the category page (e.g. Category:Moria Deeds).
All articles found in the Deeds category tree.
The current goal should be entering information for all missing/incomplete individual Deeds.
Longer term plans include updating and standardizing pages, checking Lorebook-sourced information against in-game data, and improving the Deeds template / infobox / navigation bar.
- Create new deed
- Help:Deed - general help
- Boilerplate:Deed - detailed help
- Template: Deed
- Template: Deed/doc
- Template: Deed/Preload
Things To Do
List of identified problems that need to be fixed
- Burglar Deeds √
- Captain Deeds
- Champion Deeds
- Guardian Deeds
- Lore-master Deeds √
- Rune-keeper Deeds
- (12 March 16:10 2012)
- Frostbluff Deeds - need to be found/written
- Move all the annual party and periodic events to Category:Event Deeds into the correct event sub-categories.
- There are a lot in the social category Category:Social Deeds
- Category:Skirmish Deeds needs to be reorganized
Work In Progress
List of problems currently being fixed
- Update 13 brought many changes to deeds, including (but not limited to) Marks rewards for most deeds, new meta-deeds for regional completion, and Sturdy Steel Key and lootbox rewards. I'll try to update what I can, but there are many deeds that need editing and adding. Lifthil (talk) 18:53, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
- * I will add what I can as well. What we really need, is a way for the wiki to auto-update the index pages with new deed data or new deeds as they are added. If we bring back the static index pages we need to use transduction so the wiki will auto-update the static index pages. Matthew.zellmer (talk) 14:33, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- Template / boilerplate
- Categorical structure
- Some individual Deeds
- Currently fixed a lot of SoA deeds (incl titles) and added Enedwaith; LP-rewards, player tips, rep, and applied template, planning to do so for Moria and Mirkwood -- Tiberivs 13:35, 2 November 2010 (EDT)
- Dunland Deeds - complete Matthew.zellmer (talk) 14:21, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- Moved all regional static index pages to the category deed pages, fixed all links Matthew.zellmer (talk) 14:10, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- updated Template:Deed and Boilerplate:Deed with category design Matthew.zellmer (talk) 14:10, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- reorganized all regional deed categories Category:Regional Deeds based on Boilerplate and Template documents Matthew.zellmer (talk) 14:10, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- Gap of Rohan Deeds - Category needs Quest to be removed from deed category, or put in lore/reputation sub categories -done Matthew.zellmer (talk) 21:33, 22 June 2014 (UTC)
- [Nan Curunír Deeds]]- Category needs Quest to be removed from deed category, or put in lore/reputation sub categories - done Matthew.zellmer (talk) 21:33, 22 June 2014 (UTC)
- Moria Deeds - Maybe needs work, not clear, didn't look closely - done Matthew.zellmer (talk) 21:33, 22 June 2014 (UTC)
- Ettenmoors - move deeds to lower levels -done Matthew.zellmer (talk) 21:33, 22 June 2014 (UTC)
- The Great River -- what a messy mess this is.... Fixed - done Matthew.zellmer (talk) 21:37, 22 June 2014 (UTC)
- Performing a revamp of the regional deed category structure, making sure Instance deeds show up in the region they belong too. Also adding a regional Meta-deed sub-category (for instances only) and Quests deed sub-category.
- Moving all static index deed pages into the deed category pages and leaving redirects to allow easy search and discovery of both.
- Meta-deeds are top-teir or cap-stone deeds that require lots of other deeds, quests or have other requirements, they usually are hidden and require the player to really work-over an area, instance or region for completion. (e.g. Category:Moria Deeds)
- Quests deeds are deeds that require a number of quests to be completed in an area or region. They are very similar slayer deeds and exploration deeds. (e.g. Category:Moria Quest Deeds)
- Instance deeds are deed located in a dungeon, instance or Interior. Matthew.zellmer (talk) 21:46, 22 June 2014 (UTC)
- updating the categorization for all reputation deeds. Creating more links between the category and the Reputation pagesMatthew.zellmer (talk) 19:46, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
- rebuilding the Category:Reputation Deeds Matthew.zellmer (talk) 21:02, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
|Major Lotro-Wiki Projects
|Categorization • Character • Crafting • Creatures • Deeds • Documentation • Effects • Game Guides • Images • Instances • Lore • LOTRO Store • Monster Play • NPCs • Quests • Skirmishes • System Tools • World|
Expansion projects: Mordor