Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Region:||Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands|
|Caras Tilion, Felegoth|
|Resource tier:||Doomfold T11|
- Eryn Lasgalen is an area within the region Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands, also referred to as 'Strongholds of the North'.
- Eryn Lasgalen itself is a dark and dismal place, similar to the existing (i.e. pre-destruction of the Ring) Southern counterpart, Mirkwood. The light soon vanishes once you travel beyond the Elven King’s territory and the path twists and turns. Luckily, there are wooden posts marking the trail, but it is important to stay vigilant - you can easily get lost.
- The name Mirkwood is no longer. The Wood-elves are reclaiming their forest with the name Wood of Greenleaves, but all is not cleansed yet. Trouble lurks in corners, and mysteries confound the Elves. Where have the spiders gone? Who would steal from the Raft-elves goods? What else has long dwelled, unseen, within the woods?
The following settlements are found within this area:
These landmarks are located within Eryn Lasgalen:
See "list of NPCs" within Eryn Lasgalen
|Deeds of the North||Meta||Defender of the Three Kingdoms||1200||Men of Dale||Complete 2 Meta Deeds and 1 Quest Deed|
|Explorer of the North||Meta||5||Complete 6 Explorer Deeds|
|Quests of Eryn Lasgalen||Quest||+2000||Hero of Eryn Lasgalen||5||700||Elves of Felegoth||Complete 30 Quests in Eryn Lasgalen|
|Quests of the Dale-lands||Quest||+2000||Hero of the Dale-lands||5||700||Men of Dale||Complete 40 Quests in Dale-lands|
|Quests of Erebor||Quest||+2000||Hero of Erebor||5||700||Dwarves of Erebor||Complete 15 Quests in Erebor|
|Quests to Restore the North||Quest||+2000||5||700||Dwarves of Erebor||Complete 100 Restoring the North quests|
|Quests of the North||Quest||Complete 4 Quest Deeds|
|Slayer of the North||Meta||Vanquisher of the North||Complete 5 Slayer Deeds|
|Explorer of Eryn Lasgalen||Explorer||+2000||Walker of Elf-paths||5||700||Elves of Felegoth||Find points of interest in Eryn Lasgalen|
|Explorer of the Dale-lands||Explorer||+2000||Dances through Dale||5||700||Men of Dale||Find points of interest in the Dale-lands|
|Ruins of the North||Explorer||+2000||Witness to the Past||5||Find points of interest in the Ruins of the North|
|Surveyor of the Dwarf-markers||Explorer||+2000||Surveyor of Ores||5||900||Dwarves of Erebor||Find points of Dwarf Markers|
|The Path of the Company||Explorer||+2000||Follower of Thorin and Company||5||900||Dwarves of Erebor||Find points from the Path of the Company|
|Treasure-seeker of the North||Explorer||+2000||Seeker of Dwarvish Treasures||5||700||Dwarves of Erebor||Find points from the Treasure-seeker of the North|
|The Scourges of the North||Slayer||+2000||Slayer of Northern Scourges||5||900||Dwarves of Erebor||Defeat the 3 Scourges of Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands|
|Green Mountains Orc-kind Slayer||Slayer||+2000||5||700||Men of Dale||Defeat 40 Orc-kind in Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands|
|Green Mountains Orc-kind Slayer (Advanced)||Slayer||+2000||5||900||Men of Dale||Defeat 80 Orc-kind in Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands|
|Jangovar Easterling Slayer||Slayer||5||700||Men of Dale||Defeat 100 wicked Easterlings in the Dale-lands|
|Jangovar Easterling Slayer (Advanced)||Slayer||+2000||5||900||Men of Dale||Defeat 200 wicked Easterlings in the Dale-lands|
|Northern Beasts Slayer||Slayer||5||700||Men of Dale||Defeat 90 Beasts in Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands|
|Northern Beasts Slayer (Advanced)||Slayer||+2000||5||900||Men of Dale||Defeat 180 Beasts in Eryn Lasgalen and the Dale-lands|
|Taurogrim Slayer||Slayer||5||700||Elves of Felegoth||Defeat 80 Taurogrim in Eryn Lasgalen|
|Taurogrim Slayer (Advanced)||Slayer||+2000||5||900||Elves of Felegoth||Defeat 160 Taurogrim in Eryn Lasgalen|
|Shadows of Caras Tilion Slayer||Slayer||5||700||Elves of Felegoth||Defeat 80 Shades and Armours in Eryn Lasgalen|
|Shadows of Caras Tilion Slayer (Advanced)||Slayer||+2000||5||900||Elves of Felegoth||Defeat 160 Shades and Armours in Eryn Lasgalen|
|Here Fishy Fishy Fishy||Hidden||Fishmonger||700||Men of Dale||Find 20 fish trophies in Lake-town|
|Totals:||+34000||110||M-8,100 E-4,600 D-4,800||Men of Dale-Elves of Felegoth-Dwarves of Erebor|
-  Lost Lore of the North: Elves - Landscape
-  Howling Wolves - Landscape
- A Darkness In Ruin
- Oroniel and Radagast
-  Purifying the Mirkwood - Oroniel
-  Along the Rhachló - Oroniel
-  The Darkness in Caras Tilion - Oroniel
-  Acolyte of the Necromancer - Oroniel
- Thorlind and the Beornings
-  Troubling Taurogrim - Landscape
-  Something Wicked - Thorlind
-  Saving Sterkist
-  Dangerous Dens - Thorlind
-  Threat of the Taurogrim - Thorlind
-  The Forest Gate - Langhár
- The Old Mother
-  The Torech Emel Brood - Landscape
-  Realm of the Old Mother
- Reopening the Realm
- The quests below are part of Category:Eryn Lasgalen Quests.
- The quests below are part of Category:The Dale-lands Quests.
-  The Trade Must Flow
- Trail of Rust
- For the other quests in this chain, see Category:Trail of Rust Quests.
The following creatures are found within this area:
- In ancient times, the great central forest of Middle-earth had been known as Eryn Galen, Greenwood the Great, but during the Third Age a shadow and a blight grew under its trees. This darkness grew out of Dol Guldur, the seat of the Necromancer in the south of the forest, and caused its name to be changed to the more familiar 'Mirkwood'.
- This shadow lasted for nearly two thousand years, gradually spreading through the trees to encompass almost the entire great wood.
- During the War of the Ring, the emissaries of Sauron were finally driven out from Dol Guldur. On April 6, Galadriel came to the gates and through unspecified means cast down the walls, foul pits and crevices. The evil realm of Dol Guldur was finally destroyed.
- On the same day, Celeborn of Lórien and King Thranduil of the Woodland Realm, met in the midst of the forest and chose a new name for the Forest. Celeborn took the land south of The Narrows for himself and named it East Lórien, while Thranduil took all wood north of the Mountains of Mirkwood, and they gave the middle of the wood to the Beornings and Woodmen
- The new name was Eryn Lasgalen, recalling the old name of Eryn Galen, and translated from the Elvish as the "Wood of Greenleaves".
- This name is almost the same as the pre-Mirkwood name Eryn Galen ("Greenwood the Great"), but with the addition of the Sindarin word las ("leaf").
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"