|Region:||The Misty Mountains|
Found just past the Den of the Northern Army, this cavern serves as a barracks for Goblin-town. It is mainly inhabited by orcs, though some goblins and wargs can be found in here as well. Makeshift barricades and crudely assembled camps litter the tunnels and chambers of the cave.
The following deeds can be obtained by visiting this location:
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Blogmal Defender
- Blogmal Fighter
- Blogmal Scout
- Dâgal the Observer
- Goblin-town Guard
- Goblin-town Keeper
- Goblin-town Ravager
- Narash, Bhoghad's Champion
- The War Steading serves as a large barracks for Goblin-town, where their soldiers and skirmishers gather and prepare for raids upon the villages to either side of the Mountains. Mostly, they descend through the passages to the east to fall upon smaller and more weakly defended settlements of Men which border the Mirkwood, but on occasion, when their strength grows, they have been known to raid Elf-settlements on the edges of Rivendell's domain – though these over-bold assaults generally turn out badly for the goblins, and few return. - Deed Text
- Cross the bridge and turn left (south) down some ramps.
- Head north through a room into a tunnel, crossing a bridge on the way (don't go down the stairs, just to the left of the bridge). Note the hole on your right.
- Continue north then west into another tunnel downward.
- Turn left (east) when the tunnel opens up. The Mound of Earth for Stirring Up Trouble is located here. Follow the path downward to Dagal's chamber and the Broken Cufflink for Bilbo's Buttons.
- Go back to where you turned left above. Now turn right (west) and down ramp to the Scratched Button for Bilbo's Buttons.
- Right (west), up the ramp on the left (south), through a small chamber then right (south) along a narrow path.
- Follow the tunnel south to Narash's chamber for Rumors of the North
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Misty Mountains
|Areas:||Eastern Bruinen Source • Giant Halls • Helegrod • High Crag • North High Pass • Northern Bruinen Source • South High Pass • Western Bruinen Source|
|Settlements:||Glóin's Camp • Hrimbarg • Vindurhal|
|Landmarks:||Akûltot • Bergel's Notch • The Bitter Stair • The Black Crack • Caldwell Pool • Ceber Los • Cirith Daur • Cirith Imladris • The Deep-fires • Den of the Northern Army • Dómstoll • Eglanúr • Eikhall Dale • Erforgh Cleft • Frosthyle Pond • Gabilazan • Ghâshru • The Giant's Needle • Goblin-town Throne Room • Gollum's Cave • Greybough End • Hríthur's Haven • Imlad Norn • Iorbar • Iskeld's Lookout • The Lornstone • Men Helch • The Mountain's Throat • Nan Gongarag • Northtarn • Orod Laden • Pinnath Fenui • Rakhâs-bizar • Slave Pens • Snárskrith Dell • Starkhath • Stonecaller's Circle • Thorgest's Haven • Thundergrot • War Steadings • Whitcleft • Writhenbores|