Storm on Methedras
Storm on Methedras is a skirmish located atop Tâl Methedras in Dunland. This Skirmish can be completed at Solo, Duo, Small Fellowship, Fellowship, or Raid group sized by using the Skirmish Join Panel.
While the Grey Company journeyed south to the aid of Aragorn, we came upon a Dunlending hag named Gwyllion, called the Old Woman of the Mountain. She sought to raise an army of ancient evil to aid the White Hand against Rohan...it was our duty, Amlan and mine, to keep her at bay….
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 20.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There is one quest in this skirmish that scales to your level. You will automatically receive it when entering the Skirmish.
- Storm on Methedras (Deed) rewards the title Defence Against the Shadow
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
The following creatures are encounters within this skirmish:
Random Encounter mobs:
- Maru Brenin
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight your way thru the courtyards with Saeradan. A gate will block each courtyard unit you kill all the mobs. Once you reach Gwyllion's hut you will start the boss battle.
Boss and End Fight
Approaching Gwyllion's hut will start the boss fight. Gwyllion will summon a fire drake named Echrud who will crash land on her hut destroying most of it. Boar-clan mystics will appear and attmept to counter the buffs Gwyllion has placed on her servants, but will not fight. You will fight Echrud first and once he is near death or dead Gwyllion will jump in.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
Rewards and Loot
The drake's and the hags corpse can be looted as well as Fancy Wooden Chest. Rewards and Loot scale to the level, group size and tier of the Skirmish. Loot is found:
- completing quest flags or objectives
- End Boss
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes you will need to activate the last banner before the chest appears, be aware and DON'T LEAVE until after you find the boss loot or chest.
Skirmish Marks are the main rewards and currency of skirmishes. They are not stored in one's inventory; but found in the skirmish and player's wallet windows. Marks, Medallions, and Seals are used to barter at the many skirmish barterers.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- money coin like the
- Heritage Runes like the
- Relics like the
- Legendary Consumable Items like
- Legendary Crafting Components like
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems give a temporarily buff effect on yourself, or deal damage or debuff a mob
- Reputation usually about 700 points of reputation with various factions