- This page is about Isengard and its environs AFTER the Battle of the Hornburg. For Isengard BEFORE the Battle of the Hornburg, see Isengard (disambiguation).
During the Battle of the Hornburg, March 3-4, the Ents of Fangorn Forest, led by Treebeard after prodding by Merry and Pippin, marched upon Isengard.
- A Huorn of Fangorn Forest that can guide you to Derndingle. (From the ruins Isengard after the Battle of the Hornburg).
- Stable-master (Isengard-after)
- Milestone -- Identified as "Return to Nan Curunir (Rohan - Westemnet)."
- With the release of Update 13: The Breaking of Isengard, there are two unique visions of Isengard presented to the player.
- Isengard Before the Battle of the Hornburg.
- Isengard After the Battle of the Hornburg.
- The events which take place with the Breaking of Isengard take place concurrently with the Battle of the Hornburg at the end of Book II -- The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.
- The Game Mechanics of LOTRO allow the player possessing the two appropriate expansions (Update 4, the Rise of Isengard Expansion and Update 12, the Helm's Deep Expansion) to simply and easily move between the two locations depicting the two events.
- Note that Chickens with the appropriate expansions can access these way-points!
Before the Battle of the Hornburg
- From Grimbold's Camp in the Gap of Rohan at the Fords of Isen Before the battle (February 25) - Volume III, Book 5: The Prince of Rohan Category:Vol. III. Book 5 Quests -- Ride to the gate blocking the passage on the opposite side of the ford. -- This takes you to the Fords of Isen in Westfold in West Rohan, after the battle.
- Near the Rohirrim Soldier, , he says:
- "Approach the gate to reach the lands to the East."
- "Approach the gate and I will open it for you."
After the Battle of the Hornburg
- From from Westfold and The Fords of Isen After the battle of March 2 when Saruman's army overwhelmed the Rohirrim --
- Near the Rohirrim Soldier, , he says:
- "You must climb over this fallen tree to go further west."
- From this point, you travel north (opposite direction) to get to Isengard to begin Category: Fangorn Quests for Quest: A Dreary, Untidy Mess
- From Isengard (after) - A connection to the Stonedeans - travel up through the "notch" past the Huorn of Fangorn Forest
- Approximate arrival area: -- on the path behind the Mead Hall of Woodhurst.
Returning takes you to Entwood.
- From Entwood connection of the Eaves of Fangorn -- near the defiled pond
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Gap of Rohan|
|Settlements:||Grimbold's Camp • Forthbrond|
|Areas:||Wulf's Cleft • Isendale • Heathfells|
|Landmarks:||Âthdâr • Brôntrig • Cuvnerth • Dol Baran • The Pit of Iron • River-watch • The River Isen • Slave Stockades • The Smelters • The Sprawling Dark • The Underworkings|
|Settlements and Landmarks of Westfold|
|Settlements:||Helm's Deep • Grimslade|
|Landmarks:||Erkenbrand's Refuge • Fords of Isen • Fushum Raus • The Hornburg • Lufût-mos • Marton • Marton Farmlands • Marton's Refugees • Shatorthum • The Staging Camp|
|Settlements and Landmarks of Stonedeans|
|Settlements:||Brockbridge • Gapholt • Woodhurst|
|Landmarks:||Flodgeheld • Madh-fushaum • Mate Isernore • Orlag Den • The Roaring Hills • Wid Isernore|
|Settlements and Landmarks of Broadacres|
|Settlements:||Oserley • Stoke • Tordag's Camp|
|Landmarks:||Bardh-dorám • Direnfirel • East Fangorn • Snagfen • Torsbury|
|Settlements and Landmarks of Entwood|
|Landmarks:||The Easeful Mead • Wellinghall|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of West Rohan|
|Settlements:||Aldburg • Beaconwatch • Brockbridge • Dunharrow • Edoras • Entwade • Fenmarch • Gapholt • Grimslade • Helm's Deep • Middlemead • Oserley • Stoke • Tordag's Camp • Underharrow • Woodhurst • Derndingle|
|Areas:||Broadacres • Eastfold • Kingstead • Stonedeans • Westfold • Entwood|
|Landmarks:||Kingstead: Dark Door • Dimholt • Bosa's Farm • Folcbur's Homestead • Gurz-shâpol • Harrowdale • Meduseld • Pendlac's Farm • Upbourn|
Eastfold: Everholt • Folde Farm • Gris-shâtroful • Dorr-shâtroful