Ferndúr the Virulent (Angmar)
| Item Stub
This article or section is marked for missing content.
Please Create new item or add any missing information.
- This page is about Ferndúr in Angmar. For Ferndúr in Nan Tornaeth, see Ferndúr the Virulent (Nan Tornaeth). For Ferndúr in the Lost Temple, see Ferndúr the Virulent (Lost Temple).
|Ferndúr the Virulent|
Minion of Plague
Ferndúr the Virulent (Sindarin for Dead-master), the Master of Imlad Balchorth, is the Gaunt-lord of Pestilence. He makes his domain on the isle of Gurthlin within the barrow-grounds of Imlad Balchorth, summoning evil spirits to do his bidding.
Defeating Ferndúr is pretty straightforward: Get to his lair, draw him out, and kill him. This fight is classified as a Raid, but does not necessarily require a full party of 24. With good crowd control and focus fire, a geared up group of 12 could probably win without much trouble. Typical roles in the fight include:
- Tank - to hold aggro on Elite Spirits and Ferndúr
- Off-tank - to hold aggro on adds
- Healer - to keep everyone healthy and hale
- DPS - to burn down adds and the boss
- Crowd control - to keep adds at bay
To summon Ferdúr, you must defeat the four clusters of spirits at the corners of his island. He will emerge from the mausoleum with a couple more Elite Master ghosts. Beware of patrolling spirits, as they can respawn during the fight. Quickly take down the spirits and try to fight Ferndur in a place with low risk of getting respawn adds. Do not leave the island or the encounter may reset.
Once Ferdur is defeated, the spirit clusters respawn pretty quickly, so get your loot and then get to safety.
- "Who has dismissed my spirits? What fool dares to interfere with my work?"
- "What? Is it possible? Invaders?"
- "I will send your spirits into darkness!"
- "I suppose I shall just have to summon more."
- "Darkness... it comes for me! No!"
|Shadows of Angmar Fellowship Instances|
|Great Barrow:||The Maze • Thadúr • Sambrog|
|Fornost:||Wraith of Water • Wraith of Earth • Wraith of Fire • Wraith of Shadow|
|Garth Agarwen:||Arboretum • Barrows • Fortress|
|Annúminas:||Glinghant • Haudh Valandil • Ost Elendil|
|Angmar:||Barad Gúlaran • Carn Dûm • Urugarth|
|Tham Mírdain:||The Library at Tham Mírdain • The School at Tham Mírdain|
|Other:||The Halls of Night • Inn of the Forsaken • Goblin-town Throne Room|
|Shadows of Angmar Raid Instances|
|Raids:||The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu • Bogbereth • Ferndúr the Virulent • Helegrod: Dragon Wing (24) • Helegrod: Drake Wing • Helegrod: Giant Wing • Helegrod: Spider Wing|